What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

He hoped that Pakistan is likely to receive AWACS planes in November or October, adding India was given the same aircrafts which could lead to fresh escalation and arms race in the region.

Here's the video of that

Last edited by a moderator:
The AWACS's will be inducted by 2009-2010. Pakistan air force has also signed (MOD) with China on development of AEW&C.First Saab 2000 AWACS aircraft ...

well in these cases the comparison never gives you an authentic conclusion of which system is better! all we can do is to compare ther specs. the specs of SAAB Erieye systems have been disscussed over and over again but that of phalcons is not available in that much detail:

to start with, the israeli PHALCON AWACS are termed as one of the best AWACS system of the world. no such thing is claimed about the erieye but a point that must not be neglected is that the phalcon system is some 25 years old and the claim of "being the best" also date back to thst tim while the erieye is still a new and modren system with no history to tell us its real time abilities but still, it is a new system of the current time and not from the 80z.

as for the range, the erieye seem to have won some extra points here,

also form another article

also adding a report which stated

so it can be said that the detection range for a fighter plane is some where around 250 -300Km and a survelince range of about 400 -450 Km

for the erieye the dection range of a fighter size object is +350Km in a dense hostile electronic warfare environmentand general instrumental range is 450 Km. in addition it also have a sea surveillance mode.

as far as the platform carrying these radars are concerned, the indian are the winners here with superior russian plae with more speed, service celing and range!

so for conclusion, in my opinion both are equally good for there owners and our system definetly serves us the best and satisfy our needs!

i hope this comparison was helpfull and easy to understand for all the respected members!

regards!

and friends i forget to add that the service celeing factor, where the phalcons clearly have an upper hand will be neutrailized with the induction of chines AEW&C as it will be mounted on a superior platform!

all in all, the AWE&C sector of pakistan military seem to be on par with its counterpart!

what do you guys think of the comparison!

pakistan zindabad :pakistan:

KJ-200/ZDK03 :enjoy:

55c0eec0fb44e2d329d8d2f4861b9ea2.jpg

c3cfbfeb07535bd041e5f28c29bc1232.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan will not be terrorised and God willing the army will succeed in its anti-Taliban efforts, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani said at his visit to a training area for troops in Lahore on Thursday.

During his visit Kayani condemned Wednesday’s suicide attack in Lahore where besides police, five defence personnel including a lieutenant colonel were martyred.

Also on Thursday, Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said the ‘drone issue’ could be countered but a policy decision on the subject had to be taken by parliament and the government.

Talking to reporters after addressing a graduation ceremony at Risalpur Academy, he said during the 2001-02 Indo-Pak standoff, the PAF had shot down an Indian drone, which had infringed upon Pakistani territory.

To another question, the air chief said the PAF had the capability to absorb any modern technology to defend the territorial jurisdiction of the country.

The air chief said acquisition of spying satellite and AWACS by India had created an “imbalance in the power” in the region, in response to which, Pakistan would get an Air Warning and Control System (AWACS) by October.

Quote:
"It can help monitor the military build-up, troop and aircraft movements nearly 200 km inside Pakistan while flying nearly 100 km inside your own territory," says Air Marshal A.K. Goel (retd IAF officer)this indicates the range being some where around +300 Km.
Quote:
"Phalcon AWACS, for instance, will be able to detect a two square metre target from over 200 km away. Bigger targets can be spotted from 400 to 500 km away.

so it can be said that the detection range for a fighter plane is some where around 250 -300Km and a survelince range of about 400 -450 Km

for the erieye the dection range of a fighter size object is +350Km in a dense hostile electronic warfare environmentand general instrumental range is 450 Km. in addition it also have a sea surveillance mode.
Depends on how big the RCS of the aircraft is! An F16 is bigger than two square meter right?
What about the erieye do you have some numbers or links when it can detect a target of... square metre?
I think PAF erieye AEWs will be comparable to IAF AEW jv with Embraer, but the Phalcons should be more capable.

see viedeo i post indian awacs thread there is info abut detection of saab

well in these cases the comparison never gives you an authentic conclusion of which system is better! all we can do is to compare ther specs. the specs of SAAB Erieye systems have been disscussed over and over again but that of phalcons is not available in that much detail:

to start with, the israeli PHALCON AWACS are termed as one of the best AWACS system of the world. no such thing is claimed about the erieye but a point that must not be neglected is that the phalcon system is some 25 years old and the claim of "being the best" also date back to thst tim while the erieye is still a new and modren system with no history to tell us its real time abilities but still, it is a new system of the current time and not from the 80z.

as for the range, the erieye seem to have won some extra points here,

also adding a report which stated

as far as the platform carrying these radars are concerned, the indian are the winners here with superior russian plae with more speed, service celing and range!

so for conclusion, in my opinion both are equally good for there owners and our system definetly serves us the best and satisfy our needs!

i hope this comparison was helpfull and easy to understand for all the respected members!

regards!
Hehe, those specs are not even close. They are the ones for the previous generation of Phalcons. Also the Indian one is mounted on a much larger platform-a lot of extra things have gone in, apart from a bigger radar.
Neo might be able to confirm that i think. He has his moments!:sniper:

Depends on how big the RCS of the aircraft is! An F16 is bigger than two square meter right?
What about the erieye do you have some numbers or links when it can detect a target of... square metre?
I think PAF erieye AEWs will be comparable to IAF AEW jv with Embraer, but the Phalcons should be more capable.

any information on it!
what are the upgrades??

you made me confused again sir!!!

wont we be getting the KJ2000 from china?? the KJ200 is something very similar to erieye and the KJ2000 seems to be something diiferent!
can you help me out please! again!!! :)

regards!

Back
Top Bottom