What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Well on Chinese side, i believe the Manufacturer did invest money, wasn't it a 50-50 project by PAC & the Chengdu Aircraft Manufacturing (something like that).

So in anyway it is a Chinese State owned company, shouldn't be a big problem. It would be a great treat to watch FC-1 in PLAAF formations. Plus if PLAAF did buy it, the export prospects would get a healthy boost.

1、Yse,the CAC did invest money(50% of JF-17 project), But PLAAF

have not invested 1 cent in JF-17 project.

2、the CAC has already become a listed company

a listed company shall be accountable to all shareholders.

3、if PLAAF want to order JF-17,please increase price

Hmmm, well if they plan for a good number of FC-1s, may be the price will go down much more as i believe PAF is getting somewhere 20-25MUS$ a piece, and if more orders come, price will definitely drop more.

i think PLAAF will buy more J10 rather than buying JF17 because they are more advanced

Hmmm, well if they plan for a good number of FC-1s, may be the price will go down much more as i believe PAF is getting somewhere 20-25MUS$ a piece, and if more orders come, price will definitely drop more.

i think PAF's JF-17 about 12-18MUS$,other Country‘s JF-17 about

18-23MUS$

bcz:1、PAF did invest money,so cheaper than other Country
2、J10A about 30MUS$,J10B about 40-45MUS$
3、different edition, different price (JF-17)

PLAAF is still using fighters inferior to JF-17. There is no reason why PLAAF should not be interested in JF-17. It would be a better option to replace some of their J-7 fighters.

The suggestion of replacing of all the fleet of J-7s, Q-5s different variants with J-10A/B seems unsound financially nonviable for PLAAF
You just cannot expect PLAAF to replace 900-950 of J-7/Q-5s with J-10s alone, J-17 is going through weapons testing phase and we know Chinese weapons have been and are being used, the collaboration on this project is equal i believe China will induct 400 J-17s if not more. back to AWACS/AEW&Cs topic

A-5 i believe are being modified too for precision strike role and i believe a tandem seat version has also taken to the sky and replacement would be JH-7A, wouldn't it be??

Yes the J-7 around approx 500 or so need to be replaced, FC-1 is the best option, will be a good combination with J-10s, Su-30s/27s & J-11s.

J-8 may be replaced by the Su/J-11 series fighters.

but Govt should still be the dominant shareholder and holding BoD.

A-5 i believe are being modified too for precision strike role and i believe a tandem seat version has also taken to the sky and replacement would be JH-7A, wouldn't it be??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1、A-5 are being modified to for precision strike role ,but they only to satisfy "Low intensity war “

2、double seat version is A5's ”Trainer aircraft “

3、PLAAF is satisfied with the JH7A's Attack capability (air to sea and air to ground),so PLAAF order only 100 su30MKK

6d0f5593d6f37c63e5b265ae8c7aa82b.jpg

From SAAB's pavilion at Dubai Airshow 2009. :tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom