What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

58fc622edffa55d8371be05618b22684.jpg

Yun-8 AWACS

I believe this picture pretty sums it up that PAF will be getting the dome version, not the linear shaped version like Erieye.

may be

SAAB2000--f16

Yun8 AWACS--JF17,FC20

JF-17 has western communication equipment, so most probably it will be able to communicate with Saab 2000 too, and FC-20 would also be getting western comm equipment.

I believe PAF would have looked into this issue long ago and taken care of it too, and if China can manufacture Link 16 etc kind of equipment for western countries and companies, it can also be installed in the AEW&C which will be procured by PAF.

Chinese will install as per their standard, PAF can ask for western one.

It has not been yet proven not told anywhere that these aircrafts won't be able to communicate with each other.

Yun8 AWACS partial technologies come from Israel's Phalcon . Yun8 AWACS should be the kj2000 propeller-driven aircraft version .Therefore PAF and PLAAF should have the means to communicate F16 with yun8 AWACS:pakistan::china:

Sorry, my pakistan friends, please forgive my poor English :undecided:

JF-17 has western communication equipment, so most probably it will be able to communicate with Saab 2000 too, and FC-20 would also be getting western comm equipment.

I believe PAF would have looked into this issue long ago and taken care of it too, and if China can manufacture Link 16 etc kind of equipment for western countries and companies, it can also be installed in the AEW&C which will be procured by PAF.

Chinese will install as per their standard, PAF can ask for western one.

It has not been yet proven not told anywhere that these aircrafts won't be able to communicate with each other.

Technology is no problem ,the problem is US

The US will not allow chinese to Contact their F16

If the Chinese AEW&C has communication equipment or should i say data link which uses western communication protocol, then i believe something can be done to make both platforms talk.

Chinese AEW&C is gonna just share information to the other platforms, it won't be putting F-16 technology in jeopardy. Data link is sharing of information, only difference would be equipment and the protocols being used for communication, just like we have in Windows or Linux protocols used for networking and information sharing.

I will try to dig more into this, waiting for my source to be back and will search more through some net surfing.

YUN-8 is the digital entire glass cabin AWAC platform....

Possible paf not to need kj200,because saab2000 is better.

But paf likes Yun-8 platforms for the dome version AWAC ........

kj2000

IL76 cabin is the mechanical measuring appliance ...

Last edited:
i guess we are into the late 2009 now,,
as far as i personally think the deleivery may well be delayed for as long as february march 2010!
however i agree the the end of 2009 is what is claimed by officials for the deleiver time fram of the erieyes!

regards!

Well...

There is three PAF Saab 2000AEW&C flying around Sweden since a while back and the first one of these is acting as the reference aircraft with installed test equipment.

When everything is verified to be functional to customer satisfaction whatever required adjustments will be applied to the other 2. So even if there is a slight delay the other 2 would be delivered very shortly upon the first one.

The 4th is a bit behind the rest but not by that much.

It was confirmed by Air Marshal Tanvir on TV that JF-17 will get Link-16 so it should be able to communicate with Swedish AWACS.(Link-16 is a western datalink)

Thanks for this useful info.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

YUN-8 is the digital entire glass cabin AWAC platform....

Possible paf not to need kj200,because saab2000 is better.

But paf likes Yun-8 platforms for the dome version AWAC ........

kj2000

IL76 cabin is the mechanical measuring appliance ...

Nice pics keep them coming.

Thanks for this useful info.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Nice pics keep them coming.

I don't know why are we getting KJ-2000 over and over again:coffee:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom