What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

3 additional as, 4 ( 3 + 1 lost ) original , 3 (kits ) just received and 3 more on top of that or we discussing the 3 kits that were just received ? making a grand total of 10 ?

Hi, one key point in the link above is the following:

"The PAF ordered four Erieyes in 2005, and these were delivered during 2009-11. Under Project Vision, initiated in 2000, the PAF has built up its own indigenous C4I system couple with surveillance systems and surface-to-air weapons. Information datalinked from both the ZDK-03 and Erieye is merged at the PAF’s Air Defence HQ at Chaklala, to provide the PAF with a single recognised air picture."

I specifically remember reading an article in which one of the PAF Air Chiefs mentioned that the PAF had developed an internal system, where the ZDK-03 and Erieye could talk to all planes in the PAF. This should allay any fears that the Erieyes are only for the F-16s and the ZDK-03s only for the JF-17. I remember he said that it was based on relaying the data to ground stations and then relaying in back up. Yeah!

Last edited:
I remember he said that it was based on relaying the data to ground stations and then relaying in back up. Yeah!

Any idea about the time delay caused by this longer route? Its good but in case of jet fighters every second is important!

'assume the flight plan of a passenger jet' is a far far cry. L & S band secondary ATC radars continuously interrogate transponders onboard the aircraft identifying AIC & ESC. Besides there would 2 signatures in the sky with identical AIC which will red alert the system.
Probably AEW&C was not the right term used. EW is what I meant but...

'assume the flight plan of a passenger jet' is a far far cry. L & S band secondary ATC radars continuously interrogate transponders onboard the aircraft identifying AIC & ESC. Besides there would 2 signatures in the sky with identical AIC which will red alert the system.
My point in writing that post was about possibilities of breaking and bending the rules to achieve military objective in fooling enemy/hostile radars of approaching threats untill its too late.

I believe you are correct and going by the official rules and regulations.

However, a chartered private/passenger jet flying towards the border with all the confirming transponder/ATC/ID and call signs can still turn out to be a CIA Hercules with all its military communications equipment on board.

Yes, we can choose to believe the official regulations and those who can hack, bypass, ignore or simply trick the regulations all the time.

Screenshot_2019-05-03-07-55-48-1.png

Screenshot_2019-05-03-07-54-23-1.png

OK.
My point in writing that post was about possibilities of breaking and bending the rules to achieve military objective in fooling enemy/hostile radars of approaching threats untill its too late.

However, a chartered private/passenger jet flying towards the border with all the confirming transponder/ATC/ID and call signs can still turn out to be a CIA Hercules with all its military communications equipment on board.

Yes, we can choose to believe the official regulations and those who can hack, bypass, ignore or simply trick the regulations all the time.

View attachment 558061
View attachment 558062

Israel too dodged Russians and carried out an air raid using cover of a passenger air liner.

View attachment 558061
View attachment 558062

Israel too dodged Russians and carried out an air raid using cover of a passenger air liner.
Anybody remember Iranian passenger plane that was shotdown by USA. Apparent excuse was that Iran had stationed their F-14 at the same airport from where the passenger plane took off.

As the plane was in vicinity of fighter jet Amercian radar tracking tagged it with F14 and eventually it was shotdown over the gulf.

Anybody remember Iranian passenger plane that was shotdown by USA. Apparent excuse was that Iran had stationed their F-14 at the same airport from where the passenger plane took off.

As the plane was in vicinity of fighter jet Amercian radar tracking tagged it with F14 and eventually it was shotdown over the gulf.
I remember that It shot down by ship missile

Considering American track record.
They could be lying.

Considering American track record.
They could be lying.

Possibly but the agreement that Iran and USA reached which led to payment did not apportion any blame.

But it is also possible for the radar to be confused especially back in late 80s given we are discussing the very same thing here of masking yourself.

Yah man.
There were no modern sensors and radars in 80s.
Possibly but the agreement that Iran and USA reached which led to payment did not apportion any blame.

But it is also possible for the radar to be confused especially back in late 80s given we are discussing the very same thing here of masking yourself.

Back
Top Bottom