What's new

Pakistan’s economy on edge of precipice, warns World Bank

I will never give up on Pakistan. It is the homeland of our parents.

Personally I don't think China and GCC will give up on Pakistan anytime soon.

But I agree with you we need to get our house in order.

Not giving up is one thing. Moving forward in the right direction is another.

Pakistan is not moving forward in the right direction even after 70+ years. We can truly say that this is terrible.

Not giving up is one thing. Moving forward in the right direction is another.

Pakistan is not moving forward in the right direction even after 70+ years. We can truly say that this is terrible.
True. We need to fix our house. Agreed with you.

Bro, MBS doesn't even stop over for 5 minutes. There is no money coming from Arab nations. They are too busy buying football players and clubs.

As for China, ask harami Bajwa how much he loved them. The last time I checked, Bajwa replaced China with daddy America. Even the PDF Indians have nowadays become Pakistan army cheerleaders. That should tell you how much things have changed.
@Dalit
Blaming Indians for being the Pakistani army cheerleaders. They could not be doing anymore cheerleading than Pakistanis

@Dalit
Blaming Indians for being the Pakistani army cheerleaders. They could not be doing anymore cheerleading than Pakistanis

All you need to do is read the Indian comments in every topic related to PTI. PDM and the Pakistani generals are saints to according to many renowned PDF Hindutvatis. Stop being a cheerleaders is all I am saying.

On the brink

IT is Pakistan’s moment of reckoning. Words of warning are pouring in to remind the leadership and the people that the country continues to face existential challenges.

The other day, the IMF chief urged the caretaker prime minister and Pakistanis to collect taxes from the wealthy and subsidise the poor, who are being crushed under the soaring cost of living.

On Friday, Najy Benhassine, World Bank country manager for Pakistan, underscored that the state was at a crucial juncture where it must decide whether it wants to continue with 40pc of its population living below the poverty line, with policy decisions being driven by a military, political and business elite that has vested interests, or to change direction towards a better future.

“This may be Pakistan’s moment in making policy shifts,” he argued, while releasing a set of policy notes — Reforms For a Brighter Future: Time to Decide — to be discussed and finalised before a new government takes over after elections, due to be held in the last week of January next year.

He pointed out that states with steady and higher economic growth, such as India, Indonesia and Vietnam, were able to fend off similar difficulties as they tackled their respective crises through making the right decisions.

The economic quandary that a country of 240m people finds itself facing today is of its own making. Stuck in the midst of grave human resource and financial troubles, Pakistan is contending with complex challenges that need to be addressed and tackled simultaneously if it is to extricate itself from the current crisis and move forward.

One cannot expect to collect more taxes and to grow economically without improving sound public services such as education, healthcare and drinking water.

Likewise, balance-of-payments issues cannot be resolved without boosting productivity, and investing in an educated and healthy labour force as well as in climate-resilient infrastructure. Everyone and every sector has to rise together, in sync, if this country is to put itself on a progressive trajectory.

This is not the first time that global lenders such as the IMF and World Bank, which we always lean on for help during what seem to be perpetually hard times, have advised us on what we should do. And it is not as if our ruling classes and policymakers are unaware of the problems or their solutions.

Yet these constant reminders underline how the vested interests that the World Bank country chief alluded to are impeding much-needed reforms to restructure the economy.

If we are to revive the economy, every stakeholder that Mr Benhassine has mentioned should ask themselves whether they want short-term gains at the expense of the country and its people, or longer-term stability that can allow us to function and have a future to look forward to.

Published in Dawn, September 25th, 2023

Moment of reckoning? Fvck off Indiot.

China wants Gwadar and Karachi ports, China will not allow Pakistan to fail.

Pakistan is here to stay, whether you like it or not.

Now fvck off Indiot. This is not an Indian Forum.

This is a Green Pakistani forum.

Agriculture Department be like :-

1695667990274.png

- The rich don't want to pay taxes.
- The rich flee with their wealth to offshore safe havens. Capital flight.

Moment of reckoning? Fvck off Indiot.

China wants Gwadar and Karachi ports, China will not allow Pakistan to fail.

Pakistan is here to stay, whether you like it or not.

Now fvck off Indiot. This is not an Indian Forum.

This is a Green Pakistani forum.

That is an editorial from a Pakistani newspaper :enjoy:

I thought you Indians said that PML-N was going to fix Pakistan. Why the U-turn now?

That doesn't make sense. This was supposed to be the last one according to PDM.
I couldn't careless about PTI or PDM. I just think PTI people are extra dumb to see Imran as some savior. He is stupid as fvck and Pakistan is better off without him. He has this messiah complex, which is a disaster in a leader. All the foreign policy mess and US screwing Pakistan is all because of him. Army kinda saved Pakistan from him.

All you need to do is read the Indian comments in every topic related to PTI. PDM and the Pakistani generals are saints to according to many renowned PDF Hindutvatis. Stop being a cheerleaders is all I am saying.

I defy you to show that a majority of Indians consider Pakistani generals as saints !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or PDM as saints !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Sir the tribe of Pakistan are all Duffers.
The genuine talented ones have already left the building and turned off the light

I couldn't careless about PTI or PDM. I just think PTI people are extra dumb to see Imran as some savior. He is stupid as fvck and Pakistan is better off without him. He has this messiah complex, which is a disaster in a leader. All the foreign policy mess and US screwing Pakistan is all because of him. Army kinda saved Pakistan from him.

He claims he couldn't care less about PTI or PDM, but he is commenting as we speak.

Your opinion doesn't really matter in Pakistan related matters. Neither does that of your fellow Indians on PDF. Just so you know.

You are just another cringe Indian that loves cheerleading for the Pakistan army. Something I was referring to earlier. Strange bedfellows if I may add.

The Pakistani army screwed the economy. It is for everyone to see. All you have to do is compare the economic figures.

I defy you to show that a majority of Indians consider Pakistani generals as saints !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or PDM as saints !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Sir the tribe of Pakistan are all Duffers.
The genuine talented ones have already left the building and turned off the light

I suggest you read the posts of your fellow Indians on PDF. Starting with the above post of @protean.

LOL "Army kinda saved Pakistan from him." That sounds like cringe cheerleading of the Pakistani army.

Last edited:
He claims he couldn't care less about PTI or PDM, but he is commenting as we speak.

Your opinion doesn't really matter in Pakistan related matters. Neither does that of your fellow Indians on PDF. Just so you know.

You are just another cringe Indian that loves cheerleading for the Pakistan army. Something I was referring to earlier. Strange bedfellows if I may add.

The Pakistani army screwed the economy. It is for everyone to see. All you have to do is compare the economic figures.

I suggest you read the posts of your fellow Indians on PDF. Starting with the above post of @protean.

LOL "Army kinda saved Pakistan from him." That sounds like cringe cheerleading of the Pakistani army.
Why would I care about Pakistan or its army? It's clear as day and night that who messed up Pakistan. But how is it cheerleading for Pakistan army? The root cause of your problems in army is beyond doubt. But the cause for today's crisis is without a doubt is Imran. His myopic foreign policy is responsible for this.

Oh, it is not as cringe as someone inserting themselves in Canada and India back and forth.

Why would I care about Pakistan or its army? It's clear as day and night that who messed up Pakistan. But how is it cheerleading for Pakistan army? The root cause of your problems in army is beyond doubt. But the cause for today's crisis is without a doubt is Imran. His myopic foreign policy is responsible for this.

Oh, it is not as cringe as someone inserting themselves in Canada and India back and forth.

He is literally logged into a Pakistani defence forum and claims that he doesn't care about Pakistani army. You stupid son of a bitch. What is even the point if discussing with such an ugly Hindu moron. You are not only cringe. You are fvcking stupid.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom