What's new

Pakistan's Foreign Exchange Reserves

Whats the matter ? my Economic professor;

Can't handle the truth?

Forex reserves up to $ 276.3 billion

India’s foreign exchange reserves rose by $ 4.4 billion to $ 276.3 billion during the week ended August 28,2009. The rise in reserves was mainly because of the $ 4.82 billion increase in special drawing rights (SDRs). The IMF had increased the SDR allocation for countries last month. This was done to enable countries with liquidity problems to utilise the allocation.
Exim India::News,articles,headlines,shipping,port,trade,indian economy,special,newsletter,regular e-news

Must be really terrible for India ? :smitten::pakistan::china:

India's Foreign reserve decreased by 8.5 billion.. ... I am talking abt sep. only.... BTW incresing 5-10 Billion will not effect Indian Economy anyways....GoI is not acting like chinese way.. coz even if done something.. then Strong inflows from FIIs, FDI and Remmittance from NRIs will negate the effect.....There is nothin wrong in adopting chinese strategy at this time.... Sell Dollar.. buy risk asset(not toxic one I am talking abt) in US dollar terms only....

More currencies to form part of Pakistan’s forex reserves

Updated at: 1945 PST, Monday, October 26, 2009

KARACHI: The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has initiated the process of bringing other currencies in the country’s pool of foreign exchange reserves with a view to protect its total reserves position.

The decision has been made in view of the diminishing value of dollar which mainly forms Pakistan’s foreign exchange reserves.

It is learnt that information regarding other currencies to be added in the country’s foreign exchange reserves and their proportions will not be disclosed.

KARACHI: The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has initiated the process of bringing other currencies in the country’s pool of foreign exchange reserves with a view to protect its total reserves position.

The decision has been made in view of the diminishing value of dollar which mainly forms Pakistan’s foreign exchange reserves.

It is learnt that information regarding other currencies to be added in the country’s foreign exchange reserves and their proportions will not be disclosed.

Do you know whether Pakistani rupee is pegged against the dollar or is it free-trading currency?

KARACHI (Reuters) - Pakistan’s foreign exchange reserves rose to $14.96 billion in the week ending on April 3 from $14.94 billion the previous week, the SBP said on Thursday.
Reserves held by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) rose to $11.06 billion from $11.03 billion a week earlier, while those held by commercial banks eased to $3.90 billion from $3.91 billion, said the SBP’s chief spokesman, Syed Wasimuddin.
Pakistan’s foreign reserves hit a record high of $16.5 billion in October 2007 but fell steadily to $6.6 billion by November 2008, largely because of a soaring import bill.
An International Monetary Fund (IMF) emergency loan package of $7.6 billion agreed to in November 2008 helped avert a balance of payments crisis and shore up reserves.
The IMF increased the loan to $11.3 billion in July and the central bank received a fourth tranche of $1.2 billion on Dec. 28.
The IMF’s executive board will meet before mid-April to review Pakistan’s loan after a meeting last month was postponed to enable a value-added tax law to be submitted to provincial assemblies.

Reserves rise to 14.96 billion dollars | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Almost reaching the 15Billion mark!!:pakistan:

oh yaaro yeh reserve ka bhi apna hi chakkar shoroh howa howa hai. Pichle do saal se yeh 15 billion dollar ke pas jaata hai phir wapis 12 pe aa jata hai phir barh ke 13 , 14 aur mushkil se 15 pe jaata hai aur wapis 12 pe aa jata hai :cry:

Aisa hi chal raha hai. I am hoping for it to cross 20 billion dollars first and if we have something like 50 billion dollars phir koi maza aaye ga reserves pe news parhne ka

But sadly this 14.96 billion also include the loan provided by IMF

but anywayz KSE is performing quite well lets hope for the best

$20 billion would be more realistic figure. If it breaks $20 billion, that would suggest things are better and then we can even expect $50 billion.

indeed............. if we can manage to cross this 20 billion dollars mark.......... we can hope for 50 billion also..................

The more money we have, the more we can re-invest and make more profits.......... ;)

well lets hope for the best, if things keep going the way they are even guys like zardari cant deter us

Gilani has potential to be a good leader atleast keep things going smoothly

Well, I believe Pakistan reserves and KSE are improving due to more stable security in Pakistan and politics. If we can mantain this in no time, we be standing where we were in 2007!At last we all know that Pakistan is heading on the right track to economic recovery.

$20 billion would be more realistic figure. If it breaks $20 billion, that would suggest things are better and then we can even expect $50 billion.

Gawadar , RikoDik , Slat range , Thar Coal Projects start running properly today and i am optimistic we can even hit $100+ Billion Mark too , cant we ?

we should deal on equal share bases with the chinese on rikodik and other projects.........as far as i know only 20%-25% gold drilled from balouchistans rikodik goes to GOP rest goes to the chinese

Back
Top Bottom