What's new

Pakistan's Institutionalized Discrimination Against Religious Minorities

Pakistan's Institutionalized Discrimination Against Religious Minorities

We are touched by the Indians' concern for Pakistan's religious minorities, motivated purely by altruism, no doubt.

Imagine how much good you can do in your native India if you channel your selfless energies towards helping your less fortunate compatriots instead.

Ahhh so you'd admit that this is an Indian thread for the purpose of bashing Pakistan. It's people like you and yeti who make this forum so unsuitable for discussing anything intelligently.

I haven't admitted anything. This thread is simply to show the oppressed people of pakistan. Baluchis, Ahamdias, Ismailis, Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, etc. Don't put words in my mouth.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

We are touched by the Indians' concern for Pakistan's religious minorities, motivated purely by altruism, no doubt.

Imagine how much good you can do in your native India if you channel your selfless energies towards helping your less fortunate compatriots instead.

Tell that to your countrymen first :rolleyes:

Tell that to your countrymen first :rolleyes:

Tell you what? You take care of your country, we'll take care of ours.

You are actually doing a disservice to Indians by wasting your valuable energies on Pakistanis instead. Some might even call it treacherous.

Be that as that may but we do have not have national laws such as the blasphemy one which even goes against the secular vision of Jinnah this law discriminates against all other religious minorities.

"You kicked the dog. I cut off its legs. What's the difference? See the mirror!"

There is discrimination everywhere, whether it be America, Europe, India, China or Pakistan, but it is the degree of it that must not be ignored.

And especially in this case, it is the institutionalisation of discrimination that is the focus. In Pakistan, this blasphemy can only be used against for insulting Islam. Other religions don't matter. And minorities bear the brunt of the cases. If the police etc spare you, the mob will kill you. If the judge acquits you, he himself might be killed! Sorry, but there is no such institutionalised discrimination here in India.

Tell you what? You take care of your country, we'll take care of ours.

You are actually doing a disservice to Indians by wasting your valuable energies on Pakistanis instead. Some might even call it treacherous.

Heh I'm living in the U.S. how treacherous is that :lol:

However I do agree these stupid counter threads need to stop. Especially involving another matter that has nothing to do with us. (That goes for Indians as well as pakistanis/chinese.)

Heh I'm living in the U.S. how treacherous is that :lol:

However I do agree these stupid counter threads need to stop. Especially involving another matter that has nothing to do with us. (That goes for Indians as well as pakistanis/chinese.)

And considering there is already numerous threads about the Asia Bibi case.

Read the article it is about all religious minorities in Pakistan not only about the Bibi case :hitwall:

And if you read any of these thread, you know that there is debate in Pakistan about how best to deal with the blasphemy law.

What exactly were you hoping to achieve by starting yet another thread?

Too many threads on this issue already, man. Mods please close this one or merge with the others.

And if you read any of these thread, you know that there is debate in Pakistan about how best to deal with the blasphemy law.

What exactly were you hoping to achieve by starting yet another thread?

The article also highlights cases of forced abduction and bonded labour as well as giving some stats on the living standards of religious minorities in particular of females.

social and economic conditions faced by women of religious minorities are particularly inhumane, despite Pakistan's ratification of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW). In urban areas, women from religious minorities can only find work as scavengers or in sanitation and receive unlivable wages -- less than $12 USD per month. Recent surveys have revealed that nearly 9 in 10 scheduled caste Hindu women (87 percent) were illiterate -- as compared to 63.5 percent of males of their community -- while the national illiteracy rate among Pakistani women is 58 percent. A nearly 40-point gap between the primary school enrollment rate of lower-caste women (10.2 percent of whom enroll) and the national rate for women (48 percent) exposes disparities in access to education.

Back
Top Bottom