What's new

Pakistan's Institutionalized Discrimination Against Religious Minorities

We are touched by the Indians' concern for Pakistan's religious minorities, motivated purely by altruism, no doubt.

Imagine how much good you can do in your native India if you channel your selfless energies towards helping your less fortunate compatriots instead.

Agreed. Is this applicable to pakistani fan boys opening yet another thread on Gujrat, Babri masjid, Kashmir.

@Cardsharp

Don't you see the thread was started because he wants what is best for Pakistan.

bookmarked your quote. Might be useful somewhere in this forum. :azn:

The article also highlights cases of forced abduction and bonded labour as well as giving some stats on the living standards of religious minorities in particular of females.

social and economic conditions faced by women of religious minorities are particularly inhumane, despite Pakistan's ratification of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW). In urban areas, women from religious minorities can only find work as scavengers or in sanitation and receive unlivable wages -- less than $12 USD per month. Recent surveys have revealed that nearly 9 in 10 scheduled caste Hindu women (87 percent) were illiterate -- as compared to 63.5 percent of males of their community -- while the national illiteracy rate among Pakistani women is 58 percent. A nearly 40-point gap between the primary school enrollment rate of lower-caste women (10.2 percent of whom enroll) and the national rate for women (48 percent) exposes disparities in access to education.

Thats a shocker, considering pakisanis are so against caste system.

Yeti, Please give me the source buddy.

What exactly were you hoping to achieve by starting yet another thread?

Do you really have to ask?

Look at Yeti's other threads, they are pretty much focused on bashing both Pakistan and China.

It shows the love that they have for their two biggest neighbours, who make up 80% of their land borders.

Better tell my Christian relatives to move out of Kerala quick, before some Hindu extermist come burn them!

NOT

Christianity has been in India longer then most European nations, Christian Indians in India are loyal to India. No matter if some crazy backward Hindu extermist in India dont approve of their existence in India. We have been there for generations, and still there. If some 800+ million Hindus dont like Christian Indian, we would not exist in India right know.

**** these bastards btw, I will not consider them Hindus..

Last edited:
Do you guys get paid to make anti Pakistani threads?

Honestly look at the condition of your country's minorities first and then come bark at us.

I can be classified as a member of a minority religion in Pakistan but I have never faced any threats or discrimination. In my area there are many Muslims,Christians and Hindus and we all get along together. Yes to some extent minorities are neglected in very rural areas but again so are the Muslims in those areas.

Asian Human Rights Commission and their consultant Rebecca Buckwalter Sleep with fishes

Do you guys get paid to make anti Pakistani threads?

Honestly look at the condition of your country's minorities first and then come bark at us.
I can be classified as a member of a minority religion in Pakistan but I have never faced any threats or discrimination. In my area there are many Muslims,Christians and Hindus and we all get along together. Yes to some extent minorities are neglected in very rural areas but again so are the Muslims in those areas.

I agree these things need to stop, because its Pakistan's busniess and NON of Indias or Indians busniess, but you can see many PAKISTANI doing the exact same thing. Its not one sided.

I am thankful to the Indian Members for pointing out such articles.It is very useful to know what these NGOs working for the human rights are doing in the international media.

I haven't admitted anything. This thread is simply to show the oppressed people of pakistan. Baluchis, Ahamdias, Ismailis, Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, etc. Don't put words in my mouth.

:

:blink::blink: oh really for the record an Indian from a country called INDIA aka Bharat with worst track record of human rights, discrimination against minorities how come you open your mouth even about others??

For the record there are many oppressed people in India starting not from far or any other religion but your own low cast Hindus.

Tell me a nation with majority Hindus who can not protect and give rights own community that is Hindus just because they are declared low cast by birth that too by your own religion.

Do you have any moral high ground to come up with saying showing oppressed people of Pakistan?????

@the thread starter: FYI more Muslims have suffered in Pakistan due to blasphemy law than minorities. So get a life and dont open thousands threads just post in the existing dozens threads on this issue.

may come as a shocker that a sunni majority country has a Shia dominated military, bureaucracy, the strongest trading community is hindus and some of biggest industrialists, doctors and engineers are Christian. Even the Pakistani army engineers corps have lot of Christians.

We are all Pakistanis and we get along well..the bhartis should worry more about themselves where no outspoken religious minority has taken a lead role at any position.

may come as a shocker that a sunni majority country has a Shia dominated military, bureaucracy, the strongest trading community is hindus and some of biggest industrialists, doctors and engineers are Christian. Even the Pakistani army engineers corps have lot of Christians.

We are all Pakistanis and we get along well..the bhartis should worry more about themselves where no outspoken religious minority has taken a lead role at any position.

Guess you never heard of Azim Premji or Abdul Kalam, anyways back on topic if you read the article it shows some hard stats on the living conditions of minorities and in particular of women. Issues such as bonded labour and abductions are serious and should be flagged btw I never wrote the article the lady who did Asian Human Rights Commission and their consultant Rebecca Buckwalter she has information/data we do not and her views must be respected as she is highlighting important issues.

WHAT!!!!??!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

India's Prime minster is a Sikh, vise President is a Muslim, congress leader is a Italian-women, catholic Christian, President is a Women-Hindu, defence minster is a born Christian know atheist, etc.

Richest groups in India are Jains, Parsis, Sikhs, etc. That form like 2% each!

Last edited:
WHAT!!!!??!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

India's Prime minster is a Sikh, vise President is a Muslim, congress leader is a Italian-women, catholic Christian, President is a Women-Hindu, defence minster is a born Christian know atheist, etc.

Richest groups in India are Jains, Parsis, Sikhs, etc. That form like 2% each!

You forgot the Cheif Justice of India, SH Kapadia, who is a Parsi. And the Leader of Opposition, Sushma Swaraj, a woman.

Back
Top Bottom