What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Pak+army+SSG+commandos+by+pakarmydefence.blogspot.com+%252855%2529.jpg

Pak+army+SSG+commandos+by+pakarmydefence.blogspot.com+%252852%2529.jpg

Pak+army+SSG+commandos+by+pakarmydefence.blogspot.com+%252844%2529.jpg

Pakistani Commando Bullseye
********.com - Pakistani Commando Bullseye

Had I ever been in the Pakistani Army then being in the SSG would have been the dream I guess... :D

A couple of question, @fatman17, @Last Hope, @TaimiKhan, @Xeric

1- A person who is made GOC SSG...has he been a part of SSG in an earlier part of his career or is this his first experience with SSG?

2- How do you get inducted in SSW? I suppose pilots don't got there, nor do Air controllers or AD personnel, then who does and how?

Last edited by a moderator:
2- How do you get inducted in SSW? I suppose pilots don't got there, nor do Air controllers or AD personnel, then who does and how?
Why would pilots, or ATC or ADC wish to take up arms in SSW?
They are paratroopers from other units. Mostly. I believe the MP of PAF can also attempt.

Why would pilots, or ATC or ADC wish to take up arms in SSW?
They are paratroopers from other units. Mostly. I believe the MP of PAF can also attempt.

Paratroopers as in...?

Anyone who is serving with the blue wings on his chest.

Arent they also AD personnel or something like that...

Btw, do they give infantry warfare training except basic combat at PAF academy?

A couple of question, @fatman17, @Last Hope, @TaimiKhan, @Xeric

1- A person who is made GOC SSG...has he been a part of SSG in an earlier part of his career or is this his first experience with SSG?

GOC SSG/commandant SSG (ie before SSG became Div. strength) has always been a commando. thats goes without any doubt or question.

lots of officers of SSW are GDP drop outs.
officers come from all branches of the air forces and even pilots. the point that ur missing here is that all Pakistani special forces personal(army/navy/airforce) are volunteers and once u volunteer and pass the test, not even the service chief can prevent u from joining the special forces. also u dont need ur senior officers permission to join the force.
if i am not wrong acm anwar shamim was also a commando in adition to being a pilot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arent they also AD personnel or something like that...

Btw, do they give infantry warfare training except basic combat at PAF academy?

You are messing things up.

First of all, there are two types of cadets. Those who take skydives from C-130 and those who don't. The ones that complete the paratrooping course get wings on their chest. You can see the wings in these pictures:

1zyae55.png

2248.jpg

601128_551831604836611_458779184_n.jpg

Secondly, the PAF wings differ from airborne wings. Every PAF pilot has wings with a crescent and 'PAF' marked.

tanvir_mahmood_ahmed.jpg

Other ground controllers have different wings. For example:

8169736637_5ba59dfda9_z.jpg

(ATC guys have 'ATC' instead of 'E'. Couldn't find a picture).

At PAF academy you are given same basic training as infantry. Survival, target shooting, operating G-3s and similar missions. This is the first step prior flying.

O bhai I know the difference between the wings...I meant something else. Khair...fieldmarshal cleared it.

Back
Top Bottom