What's new

Pappu's(Rahul Gandhi) tryst with "vociferous" Arnab Goswami--Twitteratti's Take

Urbanized Greyhound

Reaction score
Country
India
Tweeple have a field day mocking Rahul Gandhi's interview

Tweeple had a full blast at the cost of the much awaited Times Now interview on Monday night and #RahulSpeaksToArnab possibly was the longest trending hashtag on the social networking site when Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was being interviewed by Arnab Goswami.

Cracking jokes about the repeated use of ‘fundamental’, ‘RTI’, ‘women’s empowerment’ by Gandhi, Twitter world took digs at his dodging and evading ‘specific question’; his attempts at sticking to certain phrases whatever may be the question and in general pointing fingers at his and Congress party’s PR machinery.

"#RahulSpeaksToArnab used the word #fundamental 103rd time already! Fundamental waste of time, how’s Arnab not losing his cool" tweeted Anand Subramanian (@anandish).

"Arnab: What if aliens invaded India? Rahul: I want to say that our govt brought RTI" tweeted Veeraj Patel (@VeerajPatel)

There were several tongue-in-cheek remarks such as Psycho's (@i_Psycho): "Rgandhi hs now said ‘empowering women’ more number of times than total women population of the country."

Of course there were praising voices too, albeit few and far. Gaurav Pandhi (@GauravPandhi) tweeted: "Today people don’t understand the long lasting vision of empowerment. RG is here for a long-long time."

So was Deepal Trivedi (@DeepalTrevedie) when she tweeted: "At least Rahul Gandhi answered all questions raised by Arnab. He did not walk out", in an apparent reference to BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi walking away from an interview on another channel some months ago. But it was mostly jibes at the Gandhi scion’s answers and the way he was talking by repeating certain phrases/words.

Rishi Bagree (@rishibagree) made a scathing comment on the content with "If Stupidity was measured in bricks, Rahul Gandhi would be the great wall of China."

Many found it funny enough to be equated to cartoon channel or comedy programmes as did Javed Khan (@IM_JavedKhan): "If you missed, Rahul Gandhi interview will be repeated on Pogo Channel !!!" or Rishi Sagar (@rishisagar): "After #rahulSpeaksToArnab Kapil Sharma loses his job, from next weekend colors tv will telecast, "ROFL nights with Rahul (sic)"

And then, there was a tweet seeking to draw his attention possibly on the real empowerment of women.

Prosenjit Roy (@tweetyproy) tweeted: "Q: Price rise A: Empower women, Q: 2G A: Empower women. He needs to get married soon to understand about empowered women."

Many would say, it's a pity, how the interview turned out to be because the issues he raised are worthy of being pursued seriously.

Sample some more tweets:......................

Ilúvatar @floydimus

Rahul Gandhi just told Arnab Goswami that the questions are out of syllabus.

T. @TypoMaketh

You know how in exams we know very little and try to fit it in every answer? That's what Rahul is trying to do in every question!

Adi @reviewero

The fundamental issue at hand is by the time Rahul understands the question Arnab is on 3th question

Tanmay Bhat @thetanmay

Dude who knows what he's saying, is authoritative, firm and fit to be PM is on an interview on tv now. Along with Rahul Gandhi.

Psycho @i_Psycho

Rahul Gandhi has now said 'empowering women' more number of times than total women population of the country. #RahulSpeaksToArnab

Rofl Indian @Roflindian

Arnab: "What's your favorite film, Rahul?" Rahul: "Mera Naam Joker." #RahulSpeaksToArnab

soumik sen @bangdu

Rahul made you laugh. Modi will make you afraid. Very afraid.

gaurav kapur @gauravkapur

This is like watching 2 different shows. Arnab's questions and Rahul's answers.

Peglet @PedestrianPoet

So Rahul Gandhi is clearly not winning any hampers for today's interview.

vipra shrivastava @vipsster

It is over....thank god it is over...RahulSpeakstoArnab

Rahul Roushan @rahulroushan

Maybe the idea was to counter Modi Wave with Sympathy Wave for Rahul Gandhi. #RahulSpeaksToArnab

Rofl Indian @Roflindian

Arnab: "Would you have a debate with Modi?" Rahul: "Look we need an alternative. Tap global energy. Empower women!!!" #ArnabVsRahul

Ashish Shakya @stupidusmaximus

Rahul Gandhi walks into a bar and lowers it.

Chaitanya @Chaitanya_13

Arnab : When will you get married? Rahul : Never Arnab : Why? Rahul : Mummy bolti hai "humein bahumat do" #ArnabVsRahul

Clyde D'Souza @clydeno9

This is Rahul Gandhi's exit interview.

Gabbar Singh @GabbbarSingh

Just now in heaven, Sanjay Gandhi poked a facepalming Rajeev Gandhi "You do realize you should have enrolled into my nationwide program ;)"

Roshnai @TakeThatPunk

Watching this interview is like watching a puppy die. Sad because puppies are cute but at the same time too fascinating to look away.

Gabbar Singh @GabbbarSingh

This show should be re-recorded with the Filmfare awards laughter track.

This guy, zabardasti @AskThePankazzzz

This man has no idea what he's saying. I think he'll run the country well.

TyagiG @tyagiG

Arnab: What is your name? Rahul: Empower women.

Oculus @daddy_san

Modi doesn't want to talk. Rahul doesn't know how to talk. Kejriwal doesn't stop talking.

Shobhaa De @DeShobhaa

When will this embarrassing AG-RG Comedy Hour end ?

Priyal @priyal

Narendra Modi has just booked the banquet hall for his victory speech

Link : Tweeple have a field day mocking Rahul Gandhi's interview - Hindustan Times

Full Text of Rahul's interviews :

Links : 1.) Full text of Rahul Gandhi's interview - part 1 - Hindustan Times

2.) Full text of Rahul Gandhi's interview - part 2 - Hindustan Times

3.) Full text of Rahul Gandhi's interview - part 3 - Hindustan Times

4.) Full text of Rahul Gandhi's interview - part 4 - Hindustan Times

God Help the Congress now :hitwall:

They were right when they said ( The political Pundits said) : Rahul Badly needs a Media manager. Looks like he failed to answer properly even after coming Prepped with the Q's and A's . LOL :rofl:

Link : 'Rahul Gandhi losing the perception battle, needs a media advisor' - Rediff.com India News

Here are some others

BfAXTs_CMAAs07H.jpg

Cartoonist @sudhirtailang sums up the #RahulSpeakstoArnab interview on #TimesNow

:rofl:

Fakhruddin Rangwala @geekf

Infosys, are you looking for "System" Engineers who have a keen eye for "process"? RaGa might be a good candidate #RahulSpeaksToArnab

Vikas Parashar @viCODE_in

When Rahul Gandhi was asked about RTI? he had a same smile on face as an Engineering student...ye wala to aata hai.. #ArnabVsRahul

REPETITIVE :

aib_rahul_gandhi_joke_1390896283_540x540.jpg

Last edited:
Madhavan Narayanan @madversity

This feels like interval in a Kurosawa movie. You feel there is something important but you still haven't a clue. #ArnabVsRahul

Bahut Dimaag Lag Gaya

BfAfruICAAAujds.jpg

Babaji Ka Thullu @BabajiKaThullu4

Everyone watching Rahul Gandhi's interview today were like :D #RahulSpeaksToArnab #ArnabVsRahul

He Did This On Purpose?

Jayanti Anubhav @Jayanti_Anubhav

#ArnabVsRahul was so weird & funny yesterday that I've started to suspect if there's a hidden agenda behind it & we r unable to understand.

Dr Rahul Gandhi

Angry Nerd @drviren4584

RG is perfect student 4 medical exams,no matters wht d Q is,u answer wht u know with some relavent words #rahulspeakstoarnab #arnabvsrahul

Kal Attack Karenge

The UnReal Times @TheUnRealTimes

Be_ty3mCcAAZ5Gk.jpg

15 mins to go before the big #RahulvsArnab interview, and this is the scene in the BJP war room (Idea: @ajayendar)

Rahul's Dictionary

Keh Ke Peheno(in 3D) @coolfunnytshirt

#RahulSpeaksToArnab was like Arnab playing dumb charades with RaGa & RaGa cud only come up with words like RTI, Empowerment, Women, System..

Daya Karo

aib_rg_joke_1390897248_540x540.jpg

How to Save India From an Alien Invasion

The UnReal Times @TheUnRealTimes

Arnab: "What if aliens invade India?" | Rahul: "I want to say that our govt brought RTI..." #RahulSpeaksToArnab

The Winner Gets a Nobel and an Oscar

Harsha Bhogle @bhogleharsha

there are questions on this rahul gandhi interview and there are answers but i am searching for a connection.

Arnab 2.0, Are You Listening?

Omar Abdullah @abdullah_omar

I want this version of HIM if HIS channel ever does an interview of mine again.

Hello! Hello!

Madhavan Narayanan @madversity

Arnab is looking at London. Rahul is talking to Tokyo #ArnabVsRahul

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
3 things we learned about Rahul from his interview last night

Firstpost Politics 3 things we learned about Rahul from his interview last night by Piyasree Dasgupta Jan 28, 2014 #BJP #Congress #Corruption #India #Lok Sabha elections 2014 #NewsTracker #Politics #Rahul Gandhi #RTI #System inShare 379 CommentsEmailPrint You know this man. As Pappu, if you are a big Twitter hashtag junkie. As ‘shehzada’ if you are an ardent admirer of the Narendra Modi school of retro nomenclature. Or As the ‘reluctant prince’ if you are a collector of newspaper headlines with great recall value. Rahul Gandhi probably has more nicknames to his credit than Sushilkumar Shinde has had blonde moments in his political career. We have seen him upset, we have seen him angry, we have see him happy and we have even seen him kicking himself in the posterior (well, in any political discourse, the blows Rahul has rained on the Congress government amounts to exactly that). Some days we know he is Congress’ PM candidate, while on other days we suspect he is the Congress PM candidate. And then there are the days that we’re absolutely sure that Congress wouldn’t make him the PM candidate.

In his low key political career spanning roughly ten years (he fought his first elections in 2004), Rahul Gandhi has been the sum total of a series of conclusions we have drawn from his very limited public appearances – most of which survived in public memory because of stand-up comedians trying to outshine each other on Twitter and hence churning a joke out of every article and pronoun that he utters. One would have said it was a clever move for the Gandhi heir to appear on a television interview and dispel the air of hopelessness around him. In fact, from the promos on Times Now channel, the hopes went up once the viewers realised that the anchor was speaking in a volume, a few notches lower than what is reserved for his usual guests. Whether at the end of the interview, it still seemed like a good move is debatable. But here’s what could be gleaned about him from the said interview:

1. Rahul Gandhi either doesn't know or is in denial about what ‘specific’ means If you are a fan, you might want to read that as Rahul Gandhi needs to shoot his manager right now. Assuming that Rahul Gandhi doesn’t just share Goswami’s deep concern for what the nation wants to know and hence agreed on this interview after a thorough intra-party brainstorming, Gandhi seemed far from prepared to grapple a difficult question or two. And these weren’t even questions that struck him out of the blue – thanks to an entity called the BJP, these are questions that are metaphorically lobbed at Gandhi religiously every other day. So when Goswami declared right at the beginning that he wants ‘specific’ answers to his questions, Gandhi should have realised that the nation doesn’t want to know about the Gandhis from him – they don’t want to throw Prakash Jha out of work just yet. However, Gandhi refused to answer a single question in a way that didn’t sound like a particularly unimpressive voiceover for a Gandhi biopic. Sample this: Goswami: Rahul Gandhi the first point is this; you have just avoided this whole question about whether you are open to PM's post. It seems to me Rahul that you are avoiding a difficult contest. 

Rahul Gandhi: See, if you look at the speech I gave at AICC a few days back. The issue is basically how the Prime Minister in this country is chosen. The way the Prime Minister is chosen in this country is through the MPs. Our system chooses MPs & MPs elect Prime Minister. Or this: Goswami: The growing belief is that if Rahul Gandhi has not picked up the challenge officially that means that there is a fear of loss, he is avoiding a direct one on one battle with Narendra Modi, you must answer that? 

Rahul Gandhi: To understand that question you have to understand a little bit about who Rahul Gandhi is and what Rahul Gandhi's circumstances have been and if you delve into that you will get an answer to the question of what Rahul Gandhi is scared off and what he is not scared off. The real question is what I am doing sitting here, you are a journalist, when you were small you must have said to yourself I want to do something, you decided to become a journalist at some point, why did you do that? Your take-away? Rahul Gandhi likes the sound of ‘Rahul Gandhi’ and hence likes saying ‘Rahul Gandhi’ aloud many times in a sentence. In fact, this was the first opportunity during the interview, where Gandhi could have sounded out a strong message to the Opposition by following the bible of politics which suggests a slightly adamant, but still strong-sounding ‘no’. However, his stream-of-consciousness answer that eventually led to Arnab Goswami’s nursery school ambitions, just reinforced the picture of a leader whose goal is as unclear to himself as it is to his party. Then from 1984 riots to Adarsh Scam, from his education to his willingness to be part of the political system, Gandhi batted away every question with catchphrases we are familiar with, thanks to his speeches. In the traditional political narrative of our country, hubris is often read as confidence and Gandhi missed a chance to dig in his heels as a leader who commands attention.

2. Rahul’s favourite word: system; his least favourite: Modi Final score: System: 73 Modi: 3 Rahul Gandhi evidently loves the word ‘system’ way more than Yo Yo Honey Singh likes his own name. In fact, it is to him what many would say, ‘mitron’ is to Narendra Modi. While his limited vocabulary is not greatly worrying, what is, is his how his relationship with the word, as it applies to India at present, is completely misdirected. Here is the Vice President of a party, which is the incumbent government, talking about how the ‘system’ needs an overhaul. If ‘system’ is the political establishment that runs governments in the country, Congress while not being responsible for the whole of it, is certainly responsible for the biggest section of it. So did Rahul Gandhi declare he is going to shake the entrenched political malpractices up? No he didn’t. He carefully skirted past the issue of Maharashtra Congress ministers originally implicated in the Adarsh scam report. Did he strongly demand all political parties be brought under his trophy policy – RTI? No. He said, if the legislature is made answerable to the public, so should the judiciary and the media. Did he clearly enumerate the steps he is taking to make the ‘system’ more accessible to the country. No. Given the fate of his earlier initiatives to make the party more inclusive, Gandhi’s anti-system assertions lacked the thrust of a concrete action plan. His web initiative Khidkee fizzled out after a week-long run in which it effectively turned into a scrapbook for platitudes for the Congress. We have still heard nothing of his initiative to have aspiring legislators fill up a five-page application form for purposes of transparent nomination. No one knows who compiles these forms, who screens them, and what the process involved in the elimination of candidates is

3. Rahul is not equal to Congress? It is probably not just Ajay Maken who has been haunted by his question every time Rahul opens his mouth to speak. Though it was a warped question at its best, Rahul seemed unwilling to shoulder the burden of the wrongs of his party, though he doesn’t quite mind revelling in its history of political hegemony in India. While it might be slightly unfair to ask Rahul to ‘apologise’ for the anti-Sikh riots as the anchor framed it, the Gandhi heir cannot still afford to not acknowledge this phase of Congress’ history because he was not a ‘functional’ member at that time. The attempt to dissociate a political narrative from selected phases of its own development can only produce a discordant and desperate appeal to look into the future regardless of the past. And that runs the risk of being read as disregard for the past, lack of penitence and an evident absence of humility. The voter will compelled to ask, if you dismiss the past, where is the assurance that you have learnt from it and won’t repeat its mistakes? Asked, why he didn’t deem it necessary to speak up during the 2G scam and why was he so removed from the party that he didn’t even smell the wrongdoings, Gandhi said, “My position was that I report to the Prime Minister. Whatever I felt I had conversations with the Prime Minister. Whatever I felt about the issues I made it abundantly clear to the Prime Minister. I was involved in the legislation, RTI legislation. And now I have helped pass the Lokpal Bill. I bring you back. The real issue here is participation of people in politics.” It won’t be completely off the mark to say that Rahul is in a great hurry to distance himself from every scam the Congress has been caught in. The mark of a good leader is one who knows how to drag his brood out of muck if the party were to be caught in it. His passing the buck on the Prime Minister reveals another pathological problem – his refusal to take responsibility or his expertise to shoulder it alone. The primary weapon in a political party’s arsenal is a strong defence – a mix of denial, refusal and counter-allegation. And Gandhi seems keen on defending and promoting just those aspects of the party’s activities he has participated in, leaving the rest to their own devices. It can be read as selfishness, it can be read as ineptitude and it will most certainly be counted as a big leadership drawback. And its ripples are bound to be felt by the several lower rungs of the party who have associated Congress with other leaders before Rahul. Rahul’s anti-Old Congress stance can only gain credibility when the investigations in the several scams reach a conclusive end. If the Adarsh scam is a template to go by, we’d rather not place our money on that one.

Link : Three things we learned about Rahul from his interview last night | Firstpost

Pappu's answers are right.. But Arnab asked wrong questions.. That's why the answers are not matching.. LOL.. :rofl:

i ignored the interview earlier thinking it will be a waste of my time.
but it seems it has the potential of turning a dull and cloudy afternoon into a friday office gigglefest

Back
Top Bottom