What's new

Parsis in Pakistan: Beloved but left behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions, if I may -

1) Why are you enjoying my discomfiture?

Answer:
Am enjoying your discomfiture because you are a bigoted racist stuck in a time warp, reminiscing over a vanished Empire that in its waning days lost every war it fought. You and my ex-friend are two of a kind pegging the blame for the demise of your tribe on Islam and Islam alone, when in reality your tribe was walloped by the Greeks . The Greeks would have left you alone if your king had not tried multiple invasions of their land. The Greeks gave your people such a bloody nose that your handkerchiefs are still red when you sneeze.
Alexander finished your military power for good.

2) You have always maintained that you are a mixed breed. Not even a pure Muslim, forget a practising or remotely devout one.
What difference then does our dynamic with Muslims and Islam make to you?
Or is there something pricking you inside behind that calm "non practising gin swilling" facade?

Being a "pure Muslim " has nothing to do with being a patriot to one's land. Jinnah was a pork eating gin swilling non-practicing "Muslim " too with a Parsi wife to boot. Had you interacted with him
( in Gujarati ) you would have found him remarkably similar in attitude.
Saladin drank wine too yet he beat the Crusaders out of Jerusalem.
Babur drank wine and rarely prayed., Kemal Ataturk pulled Turkey out from the ashes of the Ottoman Empire to found a modern republic.
In fact it is the non-practicing drinking Muslims who have best served their cause.

I wonder whether it was your Parsi friend who went fundoo, or was it you who did that put him off.

No, that person has problems with Hindus as well for not giving due importance nationally to his community. The Jains in Bombay wield far more political power even though they are a relatively small community in India of only 4.5 million, out of a 1.5 billion population of India.Outside Bombay hardly any Indian knows or cares who Ahreman is or what is Pateti. The Indian political dynamics has changed into caste and religious polarization and believers of "foreign origin" religions are not welcome and that goes for Christians too. Jews have largely left India so they don't count, but Parsis are unsure of their fate in a rejuvenated Hindutva oriented India.There is Maratha sub-nationalism which is intimidating to Parsis despite having a centuries old alliance.

My friend blamed Muslims and Pakistan for the re-shaping of India which I found preposterous.
How is Pakistan responsible for the rise of Yogi Adityanath ? I kicked him out of my house and have stopped drinking with him

I pity Parsis because they are doomed either way. Their refuge in India is under threat from strident sub-nationalism and the rise of Hindutva. The Hindutva proponents lump the Parsis as Hindus as they lump all non-Muslim and Christian minorities in India as Hindus . The Parsis are so far silent unlike the Sikhs who don't like being classified as Hindus.
But to my ex-drinking buddy this all the fault of Pakistan.

Who cares...

People are replaced by others all the time and that's how things have been since the advent of mankind.
You mean you will go the way of the Phoenicians ?
The Assyrians ?
The Hitites ?
The worshippers of Zeus , Apollo and Mercury, ?
What will happen to the grand temples ?
Like the temples of Baal and like the Parthenon ?
The temples of the sun god Ra and Isis in Egypt ?
When Moses challenged the mighty Pharaoh and his army with HIS God ?
Or when David slew the Philistines giant Goliath with a slingshot?

Western Christian civilization has preserved Greek mythology and culture even though it destroyed the belief itself?
The Christians number 2.4 billion over a third of the world's population, with unrivaled military and economic power.

A philosophical question to you .
Never in the History of mankind has one faith had such a global footprint and that too after centuries of persecution when their believers were publicly fed alive to big cats for entertainment.
How do you attribute this rise of a faith that smashed every temple of the " false Gods" from the Aztec Ziggurats to the.Greek temples of Zeus, and the hundreds of Roman temples over its vast Empire .
Charlemagne brought Christianity to Europe in a few decades stamping out the Nordic and Gaelic temples to Thor and Odin forever.
How do you attribute the success of Christianity, a faith founded by a Jewish carpenter in a small Jewish kingdom?

So essentially you are a fundoo. Thanks for the elaborate clarification.

Cheers, Doc
As much of a "fundoo" in personal habits as Jinnah, Kemal Attaturk, Ayub Khan, Shah Reza Pahlavi, Gamal Abdul Nassar, Hafez Al Assad, Zaheeruddeen Babar, Alauddin Khilji, Salahuddin Ayubi, Baybars , Ertughrul Ghazi , Jalaluddin Khwarzimi , Mohammed Ghauri , Mahmud Ghazni, Timur Lang ,
You know who these people are and if they were " fundoos " .?
Get educated.

n your 1000 years of wandering you have watched Islam grow from its roots in a small desert tribe of a few thousand to a global 1.6 billion strong footprint .
@Irfan Baloch @waz @Horus @Arsalan
No Im talking about the dadhi wala neo convert dying to prove his equal or superior type Muslimness fundoo with a half Muslim chip on his shoulder.

Wondering what the other half is. I'm thinking Hindu, which is what I see with interesting babas from PAF in the UK.

Or maybe Christian.

Cheers, Doc

No Im talking about the dadhi wala neo convert dying to prove his equal or superior type Muslimness fundoo with a half Muslim chip on his shoulder.

Wondering what the other half is. I'm thinking Hindu, which is what I see with interesting babas from PAF in the UK.

Or maybe Christian.

Cheers, Doc
I am talking of fundoos like you yearning for an empire that vanished 1300 years back .
An empire whose people abandoned their warrior traditions to become a nomadic merchant class "going where the money " is.
A fundoo like you is dreaming the impossible even if by an outwardly appearance you don't dress like a dastur with your tall black hat .

I am talking of fundoos like you yearning for an empire that vanished 1300 years back .
An empire whose people abandoned their warrior traditions to become a nomadic merchant class "going where the money " is.
A fundoo like you is dreaming the impossible even if by an outwardly appearance you don't dress like a dastur with your tall black hat .

I actually am an Athoran.

Thanks for your kind words.

Cheers, Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom