What's new

PA's New Haider MBT is the T99A- Type 99 MBT

@Quwa it seems sir the type 99 is being finalized and the approach is same as we discussed previously. A Hull to be massively modified with fire control, optics, protection systems and engine. I just hope type 99 was the best choice as main frame with things like steel specs and design up to the mark. If so, this new project will shape and define our armoured corps of future!!
The hull of the ZTZ-99 is quite good already, I'd be surprised if there's much work to be left in that area or in the area of the gun and electronics. IIRC the central problem the VT-4 (albeit a different tank) was engine or transmission related.

Type-99A
iu

ktrximz.jpg

type_99_l5.jpg

526dd429bf8d61cc735dfbbe61921b3e.jpeg

type_98_l2.jpg

The hull of the ZTZ-99 is quite good already, I'd be surprised if there's much work to be left in that area or in the area of the gun and electronics. IIRC the central problem the VT-4 (albeit a different tank) was engine or transmission related.
The Ukranians zindabad for that sir! :lol:
I havent read too much about the hull specs and will surely try and look it up! I am sure you can also guide me to an interesting read? Now that this seems more likely to happen :P

This is not AK 2 but AL HAIDER Tank. AK 2 is separately being developed

How do you know this ???
Know what how? That Type 99 may well be the one being selected or the thing i mentioned about upgrades? Both are from different sources and have different reasons to believe them :) What is that you are actually questioning?

To be labelled as AK2? What a pity. PLA has already inducted the ZTZ-99A2 variant with all those upgrades.

thumb2-tanks-type-99-ztz-99-armored-vehicles-china.jpg

8yLWYH1-696x469.jpg
Type-99A2-Workbook-Turret-Armor-1024x491.jpg
Type-99A2-Workbook-Turret-Overview-1024x441.jpg
To be our next MBT, do not know about the tank name.

As for the upgrades, we were not that happy with what they offered so it looks like we will be opting for different sources for different subsystems. It is kind of what we did with Al-Khalid as well and frankly speaking, as we have previous discussed in detail, this may well be THE BEST approach with benefits outreaching just a new MBT!

I havent read too much about the hull specs and will surely try and look it up! I am sure you can also guide me to an interesting read? Now that this seems more likely to happen :P

Know what how? That Type 99 may well be the one being selected or the thing i mentioned about upgrades? Both are from different sources and have different reasons to believe them :) What is that you are actually questioning?

As for the upgrades, we were not that happy with what they offered so it looks like we will be opting for different sources for different subsystems. It is kind of what we did with Al-Khalid as well and frankly speaking, as we have previous discussed in detail, this may well be THE BEST approach with benefits outreaching just a new MBT!
I am asking did some Army guy told you that ? Because I haven't heard of T-99A2 tested in Pakistan. What I have heard is T-90 Bhisma and OPLOT M will be tested from December. As for engine I think Pakistan should try to get engine technology from where ever they can get and if it's offered by more than one country we should take it. And not just Tank engines but helicopter and also Ship engines.

I am asking did some Army guy told you that ? Because I haven't heard of T-99A2 tested in Pakistan. What I have heard is T-90 Bhisma and OPLOT M will be tested from December. As for engine I think Pakistan should try to get engine technology from where ever they can get and if it's offered by more than one country we should take it. And not just Tank engines but helicopter and also Ship engines.
I had some discussion with men in HIT and connected a few dots. I would be honest, it was not like some ARMY guy (or one claiming to be) made a video of it and uploaded on Facebook from where i got this info. It is based on some discussion, some common sense and connecting a few dots.

As for engines, i agree. Ukraine is the most likely option and meets our needs for tank engine. I hope we can work something for that 1500hp as well as the 1200hp one as well. We may even buy some 250-300 tanks from them to sweeten up the deal!

However the part that might be difficult to digest for some of us here is that the news is not as close to be announced as we thought some 8 10 months ago.

T-90 to be tested in Pakistan?

I don't have any reads that one wouldn't be able to find on Google. In fact, it seems that with a lot of new tanks, the vendors (across the board) are quite secretive about the armour their tanks are using. That said, I haven't come across anyone slamming the Chinese for bad armour, but rather, questionable propulsion.

AK-2 has nothing to do with Al Haider, dont know why you guys keep mixing them up. the high tier tank vs mid tier one. Get that in your minds folks. HIT has invested too much into Al Khalid series and there is no turning back. Right now, only Al Khalid-1s are churning out of tank manufacturing factory.

Ideas will reveal more details on AK-2, and ukraiinians have offered the 6td-3 for it.

Lastly, Oplot Ms are back for trials.

And No INTEREST has been shown in Altay. You really think Army will buy this overweight over priced behemoth?? Be my guest, never.

AK-2 has nothing to do with Al Haider, dont know why you guys keep mixing them up. the high tier tank vs mid tier one. Get that in your minds folks. HIT has invested too much into Al Khalid series and there is no turning back. Right now, only Al Khalid-1s are churning out of tank manufacturing factory.

Ideas will reveal more details on AK-2, and ukraiinians have offered the 6td-3 for it.

And No INTEREST has been shown in Altay. You really think Army will buy this overweight over priced behemoth?? Be my guest, never.
That is exactly what I am saying AL KHALID and AL HAIDER are two totally different projects. By the way will T-90 Bhisma also come for testing and also T-99 A2 and what about the engine which was offered by South Korea. @RAMPAGE @Arsalan

That is exactly what I am saying AL KHALID and AL HAIDER are two totally different projects. By the way will T-90 Bhisma also come for testing and also T-99 A2 and what about the engine which was offered by South Korea. @RAMPAGE @Arsalan
The engine offer by South Korea is German engine.

:lol:

and its going back after failing trails AGAIN!

Pakistan Affairs
3 hrs ·
Ukrainian Oplot tank going back home after it was extensively tested by#Pakistan Army and didn't match Pakistan's requirements.

:lol:

and its going back after failing trails AGAIN!

Pakistan Affairs
3 hrs ·
Ukrainian Oplot tank going back home after it was extensively tested by#Pakistan Army and didn't match Pakistan's requirements.

No not going back this is picture is from last time corrected these Pakistan Affairs guys. It hasn't failed again in fact after returning proper trials haven't begun yet

Actually, that is just part of what you are saying and there really was not much disagreement about this. Perhaps you will like to pay some attention to that second part as well? :lol:

It is understood that both option may well be pursued but there were a few talks about whether a tank from the trails will be selected as it and labeled Al-Haider or will there be some modifications. Now as per a mechanical engineer and in HIT there are chances we will go for some modifications and call that Al-Haider. AK-II on the other hand will remain on track and may come as future evolution of AK-I. The debate was really about whether Al-Haider will be a off the shelf product of will come with some modifications. In that myself and @Quwa have been talking about an approach that how we can got for a main frame/hull of OPLOT M or may be the Type 99. Then after that it is a process of choosing the best systems as per your requirement. We can involve Ukranians for the engine, Turkey and or some western country for electronics and battle management systems etc and stuff like that. This however was all hypothetical debate and never mentioned as a FACT or confirmed/promised as what will happen. :lol:

Anyway, @Dazzler you also mentioned this as a top tier vs mid tire system. What will you configure as what? Like if OPLOT M are selected as it is will that be the top tire and AK-II med tire or its other way around. As far as i can tell there is not that HUGE difference (considering what kind of improvements we MAY see in AK-II) so that too makes we feel that we will want some changes for Al-Haider.

Actually, that is just part of what you are saying and there really was not much disagreement about this. Perhaps you will like to pay some attention to that second part as well? :lol:

It is understood that both option may well be pursued but there were a few talks about whether a tank from the trails will be selected as it and labeled Al-Haider or will there be some modifications. Now as per a mechanical engineer and in HIT there are chances we will go for some modifications and call that Al-Haider. AK-II on the other hand will remain on track and may come as future evolution of AK-I. The debate was really about whether Al-Haider will be a off the shelf product of will come with some modifications. In that myself and @Quwa have been talking about an approach that how we can got for a main frame/hull of OPLOT M or may be the Type 99. Then after that it is a process of choosing the best systems as per your requirement. We can involve Ukranians for the engine, Turkey and or some western country for electronics and battle management systems etc and stuff like that. This however was all hypothetical debate and never mentioned as a FACT or confirmed/promised as what will happen. :lol:

Anyway, @Dazzler you also mentioned this as a top tier vs mid tire system. What will you configure as what? Like if OPLOT M are selected as it is will that be the top tire and AK-II med tire or its other way around. As far as i can tell there is not that HUGE difference (considering what kind of improvements we MAY see in AK-II) so that too makes we feel that we will want some changes for Al-Haider.
Pakistan hardly takes this from the shelf we always make some changes and same will happen with the rifle which we would select and also with this AL HAIDER Tank which ever it would be

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom