What's new

Patil sets record as frequent flyer President

Guys....control your anger and mind your language...you are using abusive language against a middle aged women...

Does our constitution has provision that a President of India should visit X number of countries duing his/her tenure and does it bar him/her from travelling abroad with family???

I guess even BCCI allows cricketers to take their family along when they are touring abroad!

Personally, I think post of President is redundant in Indian constitution and it should be done away…some formalities like swearing in ceremony of ministers etc. can be handled by Lok-sabha, Rajya-Sabha Speakers AND/OR Chief Justice of India….

As constitutionally our President is just a 'Rubber Stamp' what benefits does his /her visit to foreign countries bring.

nothing much to be honest. They don't even make any news in the country they are on visit. she was in UK some year & half ago on a state visit. Not even a boo on any british media. Indian president's post has been a sort of pay back for their loyalty to the chosen political party & it's always been that way. It's only when Prez APJ took over, the office of president came to limelight. Hard task for anyone to follow..

Guys....control your anger and mind your language...you are using abusive language against a middle aged women...

Does our constitution has provision that a President of India should visit X number of countries duing his/her tenure and does it bar him/her from travelling abroad with family???

I guess even BCCI allows cricketers to take their family along when they are touring abroad!

Personally, I think post of President is redundant in Indian constitution and it should be done away…some formalities like swearing in ceremony of ministers etc. can be handled by Lok-sabha, Rajya-Sabha Speakers AND/OR Chief Justice of India….
it does not say the number of visit she can take, but i don't see here visit bring any diplomatic or economic strength where ever she has gone. she has toured the world at the expence of INDIAN TAX PAYERS like you and me.
a person does not command his respect because of his/her age but does because of the actions he/she does.
Read here profile history and you'll see that she has bribed, demanded bribe and has a bad reputation for corruption. I don't understand what made the Congress in the first plact to chose her as a candidate for the high post.

SONIA and her blood line has to be deported for atleast 20 to 30 years for INDIA to become a strong country or else they will sell INDIA for the highest bidder

do indian president has her own jet like Obama does ?

no, it is made available at service by national air line as and when it is required and the cost is recovered from defense ministry as President is the head of three defense wings

do indian president has her own jet like Obama does ?

India have Boeing Business Jets fitted with all type of gizmos operated by IAF, but our President thinks that to make the pointshe should travel by 747 of Air India.

no, it is made available at service by national air line as and when it is required and the cost is recovered from defense ministry as President is the head of three defense wings

There are Boeing Business Jets of IAF.

Age and sex are secondary to the person's character .

But is it absolutely necessary to travel by 747s when IAF operates Boeing Business Jets. Also whats the need for 4 butlers and personal chef to accompany her.

As far as BCCI is concerned, I think they generate their own revenue and when going on tour not all family members of all players accompany the team.

all those in favour to bring back Missile man back as President say aye :tup:

India have Boeing Business Jets fitted with all type of gizmos operated by IAF, but our President thinks that to make the pointshe should travel by 747 of Air India.

If it is normal passenger plane, it shows how down to earth she is.

all those in favour to bring back Missile man back as President say aye :tup:

Why? Honestly he is better off as a dean or visiting professor for some esteemed college imparting his knowledge to the young minds. I that way he can serve the nation much better than being just a 'rubber stamp' president.

Is this missile man Dr Kalam or someone else ?

The very same person

Why? Honestly he is better off as a dean or visiting professor for some esteemed college imparting his knowledge to the young minds. I that way he can serve the nation much better than being just a 'rubber stamp' president.

Thats a very good point

I think he is already serving though - but he is barred to travel abroad on govt expense and it wont look good to bring back a guy who was stripped searched in US airport and it would have a negative impact on India's image.

thx

If it is normal passenger plane, it shows how down to earth she is.

Its completely charted aircraft. Do you think that president travels along with normal passengers. It costs much more than to chart a 747 than to just travel by the Boeing Business Jets.

Okay but who else would be wish to see as President if not her?

That 747 is a customised version which has security features to ward of attacks. It's actually a 737 of which we have bought 3 of them.

IAF and Indian security officials have already taken charge of the first jet, a modern Boeing 737-700, and it is now being fitted with sophisticated electronic countermeasures, a protection suite and chaff dispensers to ward off missile threats, a secure satellite and VHF communication suite, and other security gadgets, according to a report in the latest issue of the India Strategic defence magazine.

Exact specifications have not been disclosed but sources say the parameters by and large are the same as those of the US Air Force One, which is believed to have five exact Boeing 747s for presidential use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom