What's new

Petrol Price increased 25 rupees. Petrol Price now 237

Before / After
1655470339115.png

Car owners would turn to bikes making your effort invalid 🤣🤣🤣

good point :)

but what i want responsible gov to spend on public transports.. like trains, trams, metro buses and small commuter vans..

get people off cars and bikes

How do you call overvalued exchange rate during Patwari govt perfectly placed? Don't you understand its long term destruction on the economy?View attachment 854560View attachment 854561View attachment 854562View attachment 854563
If all of my previous posts could not explain to you and if the fact that export powerhouses of the world i.e., China and Japan have REER at 140 and 70 respectively and yet they do superbly does not explain to you why your obsession with REER is pointless; then nothing can be done about it.

I can only confirm that the rupee was perfectly placed throughout the tenure of PML and was in our best interest.

Just a recap on the REER, for your understanding:

Pakistan-REER.jpg

And here is Bangladesh's REER during the same period, which has outpaced us in exports:

Bangladesh-REER.jpg

And that is not it, this is INDIA's REER in the same period, which has outpaced both Pakistan and Bangladesh in exports:

View attachment 854460

Indian-REER.jpg

Strange that India's REER is above 115 and yet it is outpacing Bangladesh which has a REER under 110; I hope you don't blow your little brain.

But let's view the Japanese REER in the same period, which is also exporting at an astonishing rate:

View attachment 854462

Japanese-REER.jpg

So Japan is an export power house despite having a REER of under 80; with your logic, how can it be?

And now for the conclusion, let's look at the Chinese REER:

Chinese-REER.jpg

So, China has a REER of over 125 in the last 10 years and a REER of over 140 in the last 5 years and yet China exports more than many top exporters combined!

I would again advise that you read up on REER, its limitations, its applicability and effect in real world vis-a-vis country to country other than the basket currencies!!

If all of my previous posts could not explain to you and if the fact that export powerhouses of the world i.e., China and Japan have REER at 140 and 70 respectively and yet they do superbly does not explain to you why your obsession with REER is pointless; then nothing can be done about it.

I can only confirm that the rupee was perfectly placed throughout the tenure of PML and was in our best interest.

Just a recap on the REER, for your understanding:

Pakistan-REER.jpg

And here is Bangladesh's REER during the same period, which has outpaced us in exports:

Bangladesh-REER.jpg

And that is not it, this is INDIA's REER in the same period, which has outpaced both Pakistan and Bangladesh in exports:

View attachment 854460

Indian-REER.jpg

Strange that India's REER is above 115 and yet it is outpacing Bangladesh which has a REER under 110; I hope you don't blow your little brain.

But let's view the Japanese REER in the same period, which is also exporting at an astonishing rate:

View attachment 854462

Japanese-REER.jpg

So Japan is an export power house despite having a REER of under 80; with your logic, how can it be?

Chinese-REER.jpg

So, China has a REER of over 125 in the last 10 years and a REER of over 140 in the last 5 years and yet China exports more than many top exporters combined!

I would again advise that you read up on REER, its limitations, its applicability and effect in real world vis-a-vis country to country other than the basket currencies!!
Lol. Countries who have already amassed huge foreign exchange reserves like Japan, China, India they have the luxury to have high real effective exchange rate whenever they want. Pakistan does not. When your beloved Patwari govt set real effective exchange rate too high, it led to loss of billions of dollars in reserves.
854BB46B-572D-46EE-B291-A37089F598D0.jpeg
DAC672A0-A247-4903-986F-F1F6A1210B80.jpeg
557A836B-E4C3-411A-A9F7-638EB94E8435.png
57D8AD21-3EEB-42B4-B557-90D4097095BB.png

agar dollar her na raha to ye sab indicators sur graphs tail lenay jainge
Global recession araha bhai, ye dallar shallar sab bhasm hojaiga
Thoray se din hain enjoy kero roti shoti khao piyo mauj kero

How do you call overvalued exchange rate during Patwari govt perfectly placed? Don't you understand its long term destruction on the economy?View attachment 854560View attachment 854561View attachment 854562View attachment 854563
You have comprehension issues dude, I will still try again. Japan's REER is at 70-80 and China's REER is at 135-140; they are at the opposite ends of the spectrum and both have massive reserves, massive debt and yet massive exports! Consider also liberal examples of Bangladesh & India, nobody has a good REER and yet they are doing extremely good. So you seriously need to end your obsession with REER. Real world examples prove beyond doubt that it is not an accurate scale.

I will again confirm that the rupee was perfectly placed throughout the tenure of PML and was in our best interest.

Just a recap on the REER, AGAIN, for your understanding:

Pakistan-REER.jpg

Bangladesh-REER.jpg

View attachment 854460

Indian-REER.jpg

View attachment 854462

Japanese-REER.jpg

Chinese-REER.jpg

Lol. Countries who have already amassed huge foreign exchange reserves like Japan, China, India they have the luxury to have high real effective exchange rate whenever they want. Pakistan does not. When your beloved Patwari govt set real effective exchange rate too high, it led to loss of billions of dollars in reserves.

And again misleading!

What needs to make sense is, despite accumulating massive reserves and massive amounts of debt, why is the REER of Japan and China at the opposite spectrums? If you understand that then everything will start making sense.

And you have never bothered to answer my question on how many Billion did Dar burn to maintain the exchange rate? How many Billions did he siphon off for PML in corruption? How many Billions did he provide in subsidy? How many Billions was the debt servicing and accumulation of debt under PML? How many Billion were actually invested in new Projects, especially CPEC and power related projects?

Stop criticizing senselessly and start thinking, use your brain for a few minutes, it will not hurt.

will again confirm that the rupee was perfectly placed throughout the tenure of PML and was in our best interest.
If real effective exchange rate was perfectly placed during your favorite Patwari govt, how come Pakistan lost 7 billion dollars in foreign exchange reserves trying to maintain dollar rate at around 100 Rs, Patwari? How was losing 7 billion dollars in reserves, losing billions of dollars in exports due to overvalued exchange rate in Pakistan's best interest, Patwari?
C3536300-51EC-484B-9E5F-F0A3A4963275.jpeg
293C5CFB-1F7B-478B-8D56-209C27131D53.jpeg
45D36B07-CFD9-449C-A497-85D906118A67.png
F13A67D6-B504-41DC-BE3A-C5068DD26F57.png

What needs to make sense is, despite accumulating massive reserves and massive amounts of debt, why is the REER of Japan and China at the opposite spectrums? If you understand that then everything will start making sense.
You need to lower real effective exchange rate in order to make your exports competitive in global markets. Once you have gained enough reserves to avoid any risk of default, then you can use the reserves to set real effective exchange rate whatever you want. Pakistan has no such luxury since it doesn't have enough reserves to set real effective exchange rate too high without facing BOP crisis

Last edited:
It is apparent that you are more interested in trolling than in engagement and discussion. Furthermore, you post things without first trying to understand the context of the discussion or the response that you have copied and pasted in hundreds of posts without merit. The rupee was perfectly placed throughout the tenure of PML and was in our best interest.

The rupee slide started under caretaker Government but nobody can blame the caretaker setup as it has a very limited mandate and is not empowered to make strategic decisions; this is always the case with caretaker setups. It was expected that the incoming Government would immediately approach IMF, instead of the leader committing suicide as he had promised; and that the currency devaluation would not only be arrested but reversed. However, Asad Umar, the seemingly financial genie of PTI kept wasting precious time (just as Miftah has been doing lately) because of which our reserves kept depleting and hence putting even more pressure on PKR. The rest, as they say, is history!

As for your REER stories and nonsense, this is Pakistan's REER in the past 10+ years:

Pakistan-REER.jpg

Bangladesh-REER.jpg

View attachment 854460

Indian-REER.jpg

View attachment 854462

Japanese-REER.jpg

Chinese-REER.jpg

So let this be a lesson and a shut-up call. Now run along and read up on REER, its limitations, its applicability and effect in real world vis-a-vis country to country other than the basket currencies!!
Your analysis is fallacious. You are ignoring the historical reality of each of the countries you posted about. Please go pull their long term REER trend and see the period they took off as export economies. The comparison to India is false as India is not an export economy- it’s an import economy and always has been but pricing is more competitive there than over here.

You should go read up on J-curve theory if you want to understand the effect that REER has on export and what not. Pakistans problem was an overvlaued currency- in the long run

Lol. Countries who have already amassed huge foreign exchange reserves like Japan, China, India they have the luxury to have high real effective exchange rate whenever they want. Pakistan does not. When your beloved Patwari govt set real effective exchange rate too high, it led to loss of billions of dollars in reserves. View attachment 854895View attachment 854896View attachment 854897View attachment 854898
As I said, you either have serious comprehension issues or are doing this out of stubbornness. Anyway, you say that the countries which I have mentioned had already amassed huge foreign reserves but refuse to answer why still Japan's REER is at 70-80 and China's REER is at 135-140; why are these powerhouses of export at the opposite ends of the spectrum despite having massive reserves, massive debt and yet massive exports each?

Infact, how can China continue to export so much despite having a very high REER (much higher than Pakistan's)?

I will again confirm that the rupee was perfectly placed throughout the tenure of PML and was in our best interest. And why was that so, because we were importing a lot of machinery and goods for establishment of the power plants and other CPEC projects.

Pakistan-REER.jpg

Bangladesh-REER.jpg

View attachment 854460

Indian-REER.jpg

View attachment 854462

Japanese-REER.jpg

Chinese-REER.jpg

And you have never bothered to answer my question on how many Billion did Dar burn to maintain the exchange rate? How many Billions did he siphon off for PML in corruption? How many Billions did he provide in subsidy? How many Billions was the debt servicing and accumulation of debt under PML? How many Billion were actually invested in new Projects, especially CPEC and power related projects?

Stop criticizing senselessly and start thinking, use your brain for a few minutes, it will not hurt.

Infact, have a look Pakistan's REER in the last 50 years:

1655644869382.png

And how about Japan's REER in the last 50 years:

1655644939072.png

And China:

1655644969346.png

I also want to explain to you that our export powerhouse, our textile industry, had largely moved to Bangladesh, China or elsewhere due to acute power shortages which started during Musharraf's era and grew exponentially by the time PML came into power. What exactly were they supposed to export when our strongest export industry had almost vanished instead of progressively flourishing? The first thing that we needed was stable and surplus electricity to cater for the time then and for the growth, at whatever the cost at that time. That's precisely when PML did and thanks' to that PTI Government had surplus power based on which our export industry started to pick again.

If real effective exchange rate was perfectly placed during your favorite Patwari govt, how come Pakistan lost 7 billion dollars in foreign exchange reserves trying to maintain dollar rate at around 100 Rs, Patwari? How was losing 7 billion dollars in reserves, losing billions of dollars in exports due to overvalued exchange rate in Pakistan's best interest, Patwari?
View attachment 855047View attachment 855048View attachment 855049View attachment 855050

You need to lower real effective exchange rate in order to make your exports competitive in global markets. Once you have gained enough reserves to avoid any risk of default, then you can use the reserves to set real effective exchange rate whatever you want. Pakistan has no such luxury since it doesn't have enough reserves to set real effective exchange rate too high without facing BOP crisis

Lol. Countries who have already amassed huge foreign exchange reserves like Japan, China, India they have the luxury to have high real effective exchange rate whenever they want. Pakistan does not. When your beloved Patwari govt set real effective exchange rate too high, it led to loss of billions of dollars in reserves. View attachment 854895View attachment 854896View attachment 854897View attachment 854898
As I said, you either have serious comprehension issues or are doing this out of stubbornness. Anyway, you say that the countries which I have mentioned had already amassed huge foreign reserves but refuse to answer why still Japan's REER is at 70-80 and China's REER is at 135-140; why are these powerhouses of export at the opposite ends of the spectrum despite having massive reserves, massive debt and yet massive exports each?

Infact, how can China continue to export so much despite having a very high REER (much higher than Pakistan's)?

I will again confirm that the rupee was perfectly placed throughout the tenure of PML and was in our best interest. And why was that so, because we were importing a lot of machinery and goods for establishment of the power plants and other CPEC projects.

Pakistan-REER.jpg

Bangladesh-REER.jpg

View attachment 854460

Indian-REER.jpg

View attachment 854462

Japanese-REER.jpg

Chinese-REER.jpg

Infact, have a look Pakistan's REER in the last 50 years:

1655644869382.png

And how about Japan's REER in the last 50 years:

1655644939072.png

And China:

1655644969346.png

I also want to explain to you that our export powerhouse, our textile industry, had largely moved to Bangladesh, China or elsewhere due to acute power shortages which started during Musharraf's era and grew exponentially by the time PML came into power. What exactly were they supposed to export when our strongest export industry had almost vanished instead of progressively flourishing? The first thing that we needed was stable and surplus electricity to cater for the time then and for the growth, at whatever the cost at that time. That's precisely when PML did and thanks' to that PTI Government had surplus power based on which our export industry started to pick again.

Back
Top Bottom