What's new

Philippine warship in stand-off with China vessels

USHawk785 please proof to everyone here, when the first time in history did the US fought a real war by them self without the NATO? Tell me why US don't fight a fairly war with weak country like Iraq or Libya, while these country are so damn weak?

The United States of America operates via its military network(s) vis-a-vis NATO and other non-NATO allies. In regards to Iraq and Afghanistan, our initiative was to render vengeance on those who attacked the United States in 911. The deposition of Saddam in Iraq has allowed the establishment of a democracy in Iraq and allowed some sense of provisional rule for the Kurds in that country.

American involvement and subsequent NATO involvement in Afghanistan was to topple the barbarous Taliban regime, and to neutralize Bin Laden; which the latter's death was secured recently.

The United States, as the leader of the Western World, operates through multilateral channels. NATO is part of the American geopolitical tool to maintain order in the world.

Plain and simple.

We could defeat large countries, but what benefit would it bring to the US and to the American people ? Everything is done for strategic and tactical interests for the United States. We know we can defeat large countries and we have the force to do so, but having the force does not necessarily mean one should use unnecessary force.

Brute strength , alone, does not win wars. Strategy wins wars. Genghis Khan defeated China via strategy. The Manchus defeated the Ming via strategy, despite the Chinese superior numbers. Strategy wins the day. :)

It was a naval exercise involving 1 carrier battle group. Trust me, in a real naval conflict, the PLAN would be erased from history. Without involving nuclear weapons, the PLAN would be neutralized. There is no comparison.

India's Navy, alone, could plow through China's rear behind. Sweet and toasty like warm apple pie. ;)

Sorry, I don't trust you, and you don't talk like a doctor.

Not personally confirmed:

北海舰队驱10支队的053H1型护卫舰543丹东舰,545临汾舰,东海舰队护3大队的053H1型护卫 舰533台州舰,534金华舰,南海舰队驱2支队的053H1型护卫舰553韶关舰,555昭通舰,053 H1G型护卫舰558北海舰,559佛山舰,南海舰队护2大队的053H1G型护卫舰560DG舰,561 汕头舰,562江门舰,563肇庆舰

Three Chinese Fleets Will Transfer 10 Old Frigates For South China Sea Daily Operations

North Sea Fleet: 2 053H1's 543 Dandong, 545 Lingfan;

East Sea Fleet: 2 053H1's 533 Taizhou, 534 Jinhua;

South Sea Fleet: From No. 2 Destroyer Zhidui-2 053H1's 553 Shaoguan, 555 Zhaotong & 2 053H1G's 558 Beihai, 559 Foshan
From No. 2 Frigate Dadui-4 053H1G's 560 Dongguan, 561 Shantao, 562 jiangmen, 563 Zhaoqing

@ Feilong,

Libya was dealt with via a combined NATO naval and air forces. The revolutionary forces merely delivered the coup de grace.

@ Feilong,

Libya was dealt with via a combined NATO naval and air forces. The revolutionary forces merely delivered the coup de grace.

Libya situation is internal, it is not America business. Why you have to invade Libya by air, if internal issued the Libyan revolution can dealt with it by themselves. But America bombard gadaffi forces with air strike, but not alone with 5-6 country involve to take out a weak gadaffi? :)

Libya situation is internal, it is not America business. Why you have to invade Libya by air, if internal issued the Libyan revolution can dealt with it by themselves. But America bombard gadaffi forces with air strike, but not alone with 5-6 country involve to take out a weak gadaffi? :)

Since the beginning of the intervention, the initial coalition of Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Italy, Norway, Qatar, Spain, UK and US has expanded to nineteen states, with newer states mostly enforcing the no-fly zone and naval blockade or providing military logistical assistance. The effort was initially largely led by France and the United Kingdom, with command shared with the United States.

lol, it was a naval exercise, no live fire, don't believe every single news printing you read.

as for obsolete, it is the Pakistani Navy that is obsolete. ridiculous.

China is not even no where near close to the United States Navy, we are leagues above them and the inferior naval power that is Pakistan. India, alone, could be capable of destroying the combined navies of Pakistan and China.

Please, don't try comparing to USN; how naivete.

i know Pak Navy is obsolete but like I said atop making shitty arguments, truth is that your detection systems FAILED and USA's economy cant afford a war with Iran let alone China. and seriously this is the level of operational preparedness of the great USN who cant even detect the sub of country who is still 20yrs behind the US in military tech

China has not fought a major war since 1980, more than 33 years. But between 1949 and 1980, we defeated USA in the Korean War, we defeated india in the 1962 border skirmish, we defeated USA in the Vietnam War, we defeated the Soviet Union in the 1969 border skirmish and we defeated Vietnam in the 1979 border war. We took this opportunity to build our economy and look now within 5 years we'll be #1 in total GDP but merely a middle income country in per capita GDP.

Back in USA's early history, it fought the Spanish Empire for control of the Carribean and also fought the British Empire for the North Atlantic. China is doing the same thing: we are casting our influence over our peripheral region and forcing out hostile foreign superpowers.

China is naturally the dominant power in East Asia, has been this way for most of the last 5000 years. Philippines and Vietnam cannot try to deal with China as if we are a small / mid-sized country like they are. And even more laughable, they cannot try to bully China by trying to bring in USA or india into the South China Sea dispute. That would never work because we would spank them hard!

South China Sea is simply China's Carribean. Philippines is like Cuba. Vietnam is like Mexico.

Originally, China only wanted to have 51% share. Now that Vietnam and Philippines crossed the line, China will take away their share completely!

Confucius says: "True gold is not afraid to be tested."
Let's begin the examination to see if China has what it takes to be superpower of East Asia! :china:

2gskhg0.jpg

But Philippines defeated China in Yultong Bridge and Hill Eerie in Korean war :))

i know Pak Navy is obsolete but like I said atop making shitty arguments, truth is that your detection systems FAILED and USA's economy cant afford a war with Iran let alone China. and seriously this is the level of operational preparedness of the great USN who cant even detect the sub of country who is still 20yrs behind the US in military tech

is there any proof? so what if they can't detect? after all that submarine the only thing can do is to hide underwater :) and watch the USN passing by

But Philippines defeated China in Yultong Bridge and Hill Eerie in Korean war :))

is there any proof? so what if they can't detect? after all that submarine the only thing can do is to hide underwater :) and watch the USN passing by

You won 2 battles (I'm not going to bother looking them up so I'll say you're right). The end result was still Seoul getting depopulated and US forces being pushed back 400 km and never regaining that 400 km ever again. That was when China in 1950, 1 year after the country formed, with WW1 level technology.

Today, in any war, any adversary would be blind, mute and deaf from our capabilities in information, space and electromagnetic warfare.

You won 2 battles (I'm not going to bother looking them up so I'll say you're right). The end result was still Seoul getting depopulated and US forces being pushed back 400 km and never regaining that 400 km ever again. That was when China in 1950, 1 year after the country formed, with WW1 level technology.

Today, in any war, any adversary would be blind, mute and deaf from our capabilities in information, space and electromagnetic warfare.

but still your lost is very humiliating Filipino with only one battalion defeated a swarm of Chinese? racing down to defeat quickly the UN forces? and still you never get all of Korea :)) but don't worry there might be a part two :)) and you'll be losing territory after that part two :))

but still your lost is very humiliating Filipino with only one battalion defeated a swarm of Chinese? racing down to defeat quickly the UN forces? and still you never get all of Korea :)) but don't worry there might be a part two :)) and you'll be losing territory after that part two :))

You're bragging about a tactical victory in the background of a strategic loss. That's interesting. No wonder Philippines was richer than China in 1950 and now far poorer.

Our goal was not all of Korea. We didn't warn the US after they pushed back North Korea to the 38th. We told them don't pass the 38th. They passed. We intervened.

In round 2, there might not be a Philippines.

well...most people suspected that was "deliberate"...to increase military budget..

Indian generals know these kinds of tricks too..see..our Government is now trying to fast track procurement of weapons..these are cheap tricks..

That is new, Any article to support your claim? I like to read more about this story.

oh you want to read it? huh?

Battle of Hill Eerie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Battle of Yultong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hmmm if you don't trust wiki I don't have any other site in the battle of Hill Eerie

Heroes of the Korean War: Lieutenant Colonel Dionisio Ojeda – Part 1 | ROK Drop

this won't be teach by Chinese coz it's very humiliating :))

Back
Top Bottom