What's new

Photos of LCH trials

Its Army Aviation Pilots who are testing it and modifications have been conducted under feed back from IA , but still IAF on the LCH , seems like both will have standard version , and since IA will have 3 times more fleet then IAF , IA is doing the talking and not IAF

Is it? That would be a strange decision imo, because IA pilots don't have the necessary experience with combat helicopters, especially not from war cenarios. IAF Mi 35 or even some of the former Mi 8/17 pilots would be better to get a good feedback at this stage or?

Radar?

Screenshotfrom2012-06-30140643.png

There are 2 types of Radar on a plane..Primary radar and Secondary radar.Weather radar falls in the cateogary of a Primary radar and ACAS radar falls in the cateogary of a Secondar radar.So the Dhruv may be having any one of them.I cant recognise a radar by a picture..not that good with a/c technicals ;)

Well LCH will have that Ohh! impact only if HAL is able to clear it for induction on time. I just pray that this beast comes in at the right time.

Exclusive photos of the ongoing sea-level trials of the second prototype of India's Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) on the outskirts of the Chennai. Check out that sexy cockpit shot as the pilots near the East coast. The last photo, also taken from the LCH, shows the IAF chase Mi-8 from Yelahanka air force station that's flying with and observing/recording the LCH during the current round of sea-level trials. The trials will continue for another 7-9 days.

LCH1+(1280x960).jpg

LCH2+(1280x960).jpg

LCH+hovering+-Tambaram.jpg

LCH+over+the+East+Coast.jpg

LCH+overflies+the+Bharat+Benz+factory+enroute+to+the+East+Coast.jpg

The+chase+Mi-8+accompanying+the+LCH+as+seen+from+the+LCH.jpg

This is why i joined pdf .
Thankyou dude ......now these pics r gonna revolve in my mind for most parts of my dirty dreams .

Still think they should have gone for a different gun, the 20 mm gun doesn't seem powerful enough for an attack helicopter.

LCH is a bit heavy for its class.

The 20mm has probably been used to cut the weight a bit.:undecided:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom