What's new

Photos of LCH trials

Only other attack helicopter I can remember that uses a 20mm cannon is the S. African helicopter.

172702.jpg

1035129.jpg

Rooivalk_nose.jpg

This also uses a French 20mm cannon.

Nexter_THL_cannons_P1220836.jpg

LCH's cannon.

hmm still you didnt capture the photo....... :angry:
chennaites..... always carry a good camera and look out in sky for next couple of weeks...... [and please mind the traffic]

I thought of taking poto, but i would have lost my mobile....
Mobile is banned in my collage :angry:

Flys mostly anytime between 10.30-12.30......

Still think they should have gone for a different gun, the 20 mm gun doesn't seem powerful enough for an attack helicopter.

not really. A 20mm gun is more than adequate when attacking infantry and soft skinned targets. For tanks and the like, HELINA will be there.

on top of that 30mm gun would have heavier ammo, need a bigger storage space, etc. BMPs have a 30mm autocannon, so i assume you can realise the kind of recoil etc the small helicopter would have to endure if a 30mm gun was mounted.

i would like to know what kind of targets you had in mind when you mentioned a 30mm gun. Also a 30mm gun would be a vast overkill when targeting infantry

Is it? That would be a strange decision imo, because IA pilots don't have the necessary experience with combat helicopters, especially not from war cenarios. IAF Mi 35 or even some of the former Mi 8/17 pilots would be better to get a good feedback at this stage or?

What is BASIS of above comment ?//or another HyberBola!!

Sunny Jim - AAC officers go on deputation to HSQN 104/125 for 3 years cross SQN training is rampant...

Still think they should have gone for a different gun, the 20 mm gun doesn't seem powerful enough for an attack helicopter.

20mm Gun with HE rounds can cause havoc!! on APC, Trucks, Bunkers...
Armour piercing rounds are a Different league in itself....

Dont ridicule a system if you dont know iota about it!!!

What is BASIS of above comment ?

It's actually was in the text:

because IA pilots don't have the necessary experience with combat helicopters, especially not from war scenarios

There are IAF pilots that has not only normal training experience, but also the necessary operational experience which would be an advantage in the development of a combat helicopter.

It's actually was in the text:

There are IAF pilots that has not only normal training experience, but also the necessary operational experience which would be an advantage in the development of a combat helicopter.

Rubbish.....Akbars were activated in 1986. First combat exprience was in Jaffana. Scores of AOP Pilots went on SORTIES along with IAF pilots.

At the momemt if some one says AAC cant maintain or has experience to fly these Birds is pure HyberBola......

Basework shops can maintain all Cheta/Chetak/Chetal/Dhruv.

As mentioned few days back THE ARMY wants to establish Air Cavalry thus 22 Longbows as starters...Number will increase innitally, we wish to integrate 22 then more.

AAC has been sactioned enough budget as part of A-E&D to get Choopers inspecific for 2,21,33 Corps.

No More Sunny Jims Talking any More Bullshit....

Rubbish.....Akbars were activated in 1986. First combat exprience was in Jaffana. Scores of AOP Pilots went on SORTIES along with IAF pilots.

At the momemt if some one says AAC cant maintain or has experience to fly these Birds is pure HyberBola......

Basework shops can maintain all Cheta/Chetak/Chetal/Dhruv.

As mentioned few days back THE ARMY wants to establish Air Cavalry thus 22 Longbows as starters...Number will increase innitally, we wish to integrate 22 then more.

AAC has been sactioned enough budget as part of A-E&D to get Choopers inspecific for 2,21,33 Corps.

No More Sunny Jims Talking any More Bullshit....

Again, went on sorties isn't the same as having numbers of flight hours in a combat helicopter, especially in war time situation. That's a hell lot of valuable experience and know how that would be beneficiary for LCH development and it's simple logic. You can stick with your believe, but obviously can't really argue against it.
Secondly, the attack helicopter deal is for IAF not for IA, so far there is no statement that the deal will go to IA and imo it doesn't even need to go to IA, since they will get Rudra and LCH in high numbers anyway and for the fire support role. No need to waste billions of money that could be spend more wisely (especially in IA), just because they want a something foreign or what initially was meant for IAF.

Again, went on sorties isn't the same as having numbers of flight hours in a combat helicopter, especially in war time situation. That's a hell lot of valuable experience and know how that would be beneficiary for LCH development and it's simple logic. You can stick with your believe, but obviously can't really argue against it.
Secondly, the attack helicopter deal is for IAF not for IA, so far there is no statement that the deal will go to IA and imo it doesn't even need to go to IA, since they will get Rudra and LCH in high numbers anyway and for the fire support role. No need to waste billions of money that could be spend more wisely (especially in IA), just because they want a something foreign or what initially was meant for IAF.

One line --- you are talking to an AAC retired officer.

What is the difference in Sortie and flying hours ??
Mark my words Air Cavalry is under formation. Good-Bye to IAF FlyBoy Mentality..

Back
Top Bottom