What's new

PIA GROUNDS 18 PLANES (some reports 13), LEFT WITH 21 POORLY OPERATIONAL

Luftwaffe

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PIA GROUNDS 18 PLANES (some reports 13), LEFT 21 POORLY OPERATIONAL

ISLAMABAD - As cancellation of flights is the order of the day owing to PIA’s delaying dilemma, the number of airline’s grounded aircrafts has reached 18, other reports suggest 13 a massive blow to PIA and economy, with just 21 planes left operational.
According to the media reports, PIA set an example of mismanagement during Hajj operations, with 42 flights being cancelled in just the last two days.
The justifications offered for flight cancellation range from battery problem to maintenance work.
According to officials, the planes have been grounded due to unknown ‘technical reasons’, bringing the number of abandoned planes to 18, whereas just 21 aircrafts have remained for local and international operations.
Four Boeing 747s, two Boeing 777, two Boeing 737s, six Airbus A310 and four ATR are included in the list of grounded planes.
On Wednesday, a Riyadh-bound flight from Lahore was just cancelled only because a 9-volt battery used to operate one of its emergency gates was found out of order, provoking the passengers who vent their anger on the airport administration.

Now who says Pakistan is not heading towards disaster..

-Steel Mills
-Railways
-PIA
-Watershortage
-Load-shedding electricity short fall
-Industrial sector dying
-Gas load-shedding shortfall

in mush time PIA actually became profitable

These planes are not in terrible shape, they can be refurbished extensively with the help of Boeing-Air Bus, It would cost 30% not 100% instead of procuring many to replace the existing ones, these should be upgraded.

Actually I disagree. Pakistan isnt heading towards a disaster. Thats quite an understatement. I just finished a book last week called "When Money Dies" coming weekly events happening in Wiemar Republic in the 1917~24. It was chilling to read what was happening, what Govt officials were saying and how ppl just were getting corrupt by the day as the nation was entering into hyperinflation. Then it dawned on me.. that Pakistan is actually in its very initial stages of Hyperinflation. Pick any item, a bottle of Pepsi, a kg of Goat meat/chicken meat. When you graph the price trend, it shows a very clear exponential graph and pricing from 2008 show Pakistan's CPI is reflecting an INFLECTION point on pricing.
I went to http://www.statpak.gov.pk to check CPI read and they actually have MONTHLY CPI indexes! Monthly?? Really? What else Pakistani ppl need to realize its economy is already in its initial stages of Hyperinflation!

Disaster is an understatement!

PIA GROUNDS 18 PLANES (some reports 13), LEFT 21 POORLY OPERATIONAL

ISLAMABAD - As cancellation of flights is the order of the day owing to PIA’s delaying dilemma, the number of airline’s grounded aircrafts has reached 18, other reports suggest 13 a massive blow to PIA and economy, with just 21 planes left operational.
According to the media reports, PIA set an example of mismanagement during Hajj operations, with 42 flights being cancelled in just the last two days.
The justifications offered for flight cancellation range from battery problem to maintenance work.
According to officials, the planes have been grounded due to unknown ‘technical reasons’, bringing the number of abandoned planes to 18, whereas just 21 aircrafts have remained for local and international operations.
Four Boeing 747s, two Boeing 777, two Boeing 737s, six Airbus A310 and four ATR are included in the list of grounded planes.
On Wednesday, a Riyadh-bound flight from Lahore was just cancelled only because a 9-volt battery used to operate one of its emergency gates was found out of order, provoking the passengers who vent their anger on the airport administration.

-Steel Mills
-Railways
-PIA
-Watershortage
-Load-shedding electricity short fall
-Industrial sector dying
-Gas load-shedding shortfall

-Steel Mills (Russia is investing Billions to increase capacity 1-2 years)
-Railways (We ordered new engines and 100 engines will be repaired back to normal)
-PIA (PIA planning to buy new planes)
-Watershortage (Dam will be built a minor problem)
-Load-shedding electricity short fall (Gas coming from Iran by 2013-2014)
and for electricity we are also installing Nuclear power plants completed by 2014-2016
-Industrial sector dying (Gas electricity being imported form Iran will be used for Industrial sector problem solved)
-Gas load-shedding shortfall (Pakistan working on extracting coal from Sindh province problem solved)

Any more problem bacha ... tell it to baba I will fix it

What do you see in this picture ?

Glass-of-water.jpg

I know I know you see glass half full , but , that's not the real thing - there is a SOLID wall .. a strong solid wall and that is what Pakistan is to all Enemies !!!

in mush time PIA actually became profitable

So does Pak steel & Railway.

Various other govt. institutions were also performing.
Industry and economy had record growth.
Pakistan undertook various R&D projects.
Sanctions were lifted, Pakistan's image was atop.

I have to stop here...

Actually I disagree. Pakistan isnt heading towards a disaster. Thats quite an understatement.

No? Still living in lala land where love blooms? all major departments-sectors are shutting down. The life line of economy is railways-air transport-factories/industries-steel mills, Gas, Petro-CNG-water-electricity, 3 days of operation weekly and you still believe it is not a disaster, $65-70 billion external debt and twice internal debt. Hello, wakeup come to senses.

-Steel Mills (Russia is investing Billions to increase capacity 1-2 years)
-Railways (We ordered new engines and 100 engines will be repaired back to normal)
-PIA (PIA planning to buy new planes)
-Watershortage (Dam will be built a minor problem)
-Load-shedding electricity short fall (Gas coming from Iran by 2013-2014)
and for electricity we are also installing Nuclear power plants completed by 2014-2016
-Industrial sector dying (Gas electricity being imported form Iran will be used for Industrial sector problem solved)
-Gas load-shedding shortfall (Pakistan working on extracting coal from Sindh province problem solved)

Any more problem bacha ... tell it to baba I will fix it

What do you see in this picture ?

I know I know you see glass half full , but , that's not the real thing - there is a SOLID wall .. a strong solid wall and that is what Pakistan is to all Enemies !!!

Sorry.. i disagree!

The solution is to privatize all of Pakistan's service and production sector.

Close down provincial govts. it will save lot of money.

Fire all those good for nothing executives and hire some professionals. Have you ever seen PIA's staff?? 80% of them are total disgrace.

Do you guys know PPP has a week ago provided transferred 7 Crore Rupees to each PPP MPA estimated around 150 crore.

And further do you people know 26 Crore Rupees will be spent on Presidential Kitchen.

And then we hear PIA-Railways and other departments are short of money or needs to pay their reflected bills, how would they pay bills when corruption is all over.

This is a confirm news, where is that CJ who takes suo moto on every tom dick and harry news.

Pakistan led by PPP is in worst shape ever and most of the responsibility falls on the so called economic miracle man "Mushraff"..Lets face the truth, he did not cause any economic miracle..just trade nation interests and morals for some green back. Nothing was invested in sustainable growth!

Back
Top Bottom