What's new

Picture of the Day

Check out photos from Pakistan from the Partition time up till Zia's time, at least in the cities the males wore pant-shirt. The shalwar-kameez by itself is not a wrong garment. It is even elegant when worn properly and designed properly but shouldn't be worn daily because daily is cringe. But the shabby version below even in the cities came through a cultural degradation brought by Zia :
lahore-old-lahore-pakistan-punjab-street-young-men-BJ9YMJ.jpg

dpa-men-stand-in-front-of-a-store-in-lahore-pakistan-22-july-2004-D3G9JN.jpg

Shouldn't these males take pride in looking decent and presentable ? They look just stupid and uncouth wearing those.

1. Why "Thank God, we got rid of it" ?

2. You are wrong that it is a Bangali and Muhajir dress. The saree is a garment that the Greeks brought to India maybe with Alexander 2300 years ago and it was added with Irani modifications. I quote this article :

We must ignore the photo caption that says the saree origins to the IVC because no one knows what the IVC people generally wore or their language, their culture, meaning of their writing, if they had concept of God etc. So the saree is Greek and then mixed with Irani and Central Asian influences.

Sculpture of Greco-Indian women dating to around 2300 years ago, found in present Pakistan :
greek_women_la.jpg

"The Greek ladies in the Mauryan court wore a long single piece of draped fabric known as chiton which was pleated as a skirt and draped over one shoulder."

So you declaring "Pakistanis never wore the saree" is historically wrong too. :)
Don't make me post photos of your Pajeet brothers with pant shirts looking like malnourished ch****
These men look 1000 times more elegant than them so don't even go there and disrespect our people's clothing

Going back 2,300 and finding a Greek dress to point out how saree is our native dress is lols , leave it, you don't even know any of our folk dresses who tf are you to tell us that this foreign dress is ours and our people should wear, who tf are you? And on top of that disrespecting our clothing's :lol: while his malnourished people wear 10 cheap Rp pant shirt

Don't make me post photos of your Pajeet brothers with pant shirts looking like malnourished ch****
These men look 1000 times more elegant than them so don't even go there and disrespect our people's clothing

I didn't disrespect the shalwar-kameez's elegant version. In your anger you didn't read this :
The shalwar-kameez by itself is not a wrong garment. It is even elegant when worn properly and designed properly but shouldn't be worn daily because daily is cringe.

Going back 2,300 and finding a Greek dress to point out how saree is our native dress is lols , leave it, you don't even know any of our folk dresses who tf are you to tell us that this foreign dress is ours and our people should wear, who tf are you? And on top of that disrespecting our clothing's :lol: while his malnourished people wear 10 cheap Rp pant shirt

1. You started with "Saree is a Bangali and Muhajir garment". I corrected you and now you disregard that the 2300-year-old saree in India is essentially the same as a Punjabi kudi wearing a shalwar-kameez and walking through a field with anklets clinking.

2. "Cheap 10 rupees pant-shirt". Now, what is your issue here ? (a). The people not having money to buy elegant clothing because they are money-poor and you disliking money-poor people, or (b). People having money but choosing to wear a ridiculous choice of cringe clothing, (c). Clothing should not be affordable at all.

Just read this baloney :lol:

Shalwaar kameez is our national dress, we have been wearing it's different variants for centeries, atleast in casual wear- nothing to do with Zia bumpkin, it's our ancestors dress that we still wear with pride regardless of income levels or education levels
saree was a foreign culture, from bangalis and muhajirs some specific group of people might have borrowed it and started wearing for special occasions but it's not ours thank God we got rid of it, it's a totally foreign concept our dress was , is , will be shalwaar kameez for both men and women

Don't talk about things you have no idea of

Have you bothered ever to look at the photos on the home page of this forum.

Your army's dress uniform for the ladies is still a khaki saree. Ours too, only it's OG. Or white. Or blue.

Have you bothered ever to look at the photos on the home page of this forum.

Your army's dress uniform for the ladies is still a khaki saree.
Have you bothered to know our folk dresses, if you don't than what's the point of this convo?

What someone in the fringe wear does not represent our culture or people

Quetta Valley, Balochistan...
Orientation:
Left:.............. Spin Lake, Koh-i-Murdar
Far Centre:.... Chiltan Peak
Middle:.......... Quetta City
Right: ............Hanna-Urak Valley..

1671211869954.png

I have cleaned some posts in prior pages. I though it was yet again PTI fan club badmouthing army for dethroning their king. they have a penchant of degrading every other thread on this forum about how emotionally scarred they are but this time this turned out to be an absolutely needless argument about dresses and culture.

Arangkel, Neelum Valley AJK..

321550298_1013701989550090_6165894468321058574_n.jpg
I have made multiple trips in that valley. its is very beautiful. I have trekked the mountains and stayed over multiple nights. the place is in in a time capsule of a beautiful unsoiled natural past.

Back
Top Bottom