What's new

PIL Filed Against Arundhati Roy For Kashmir Remarks

INDIAISM

Reaction score
PIL filed against Arundhati Roy for Kashmir remarks
Nov 22, 2011, 10.59PM IST PTI

JAMMU: A PIL was filed today in the Jammu and Kashmir high court seeking action against activist and author Arundhati Roy for her reported remarks advocating right of self-determination for the people of Jammu and Kashmir.

The PIL was filed by Veer Saraf, Ajay Bhat and Vijay Kashkari, all members of the Routes, an organisation of Kashmir Pandits based in Jammu and Delhi.

The PIL sought impounding of the passport of Roy and directions to the ministry of home affairs, the ministry of external affairs and the state government to restrain Roy from making "offensive" speeches and statements about Jammu and Kashmir

Attending a panel discussion on Kashmir in New York on November 12, Arundhati said "I want to say unambiguously that I do not think any country that calls itself a democracy has the right to force people to remain in it in a militaristic way, the way that India is doing in order to prove that it's a secular country."

"I think the people of Kashmir have the right to self-determination, they have the right to choose who they want to be and how they want to be," Roy had said.

The copy of the news report was also attached with the PIL

Courtesy:-Times Of India

I think either she has lost it or she getting dollars for giving these kind of statements......

Secondly I know we have freedom of speech here in India but any statement which is against the general sentiment of the People of India should be considered as Anti National and appropriate steps should be taken by the govt against the person who is giving these kind of statements.....

There is nothing going to happen with all these filings, accusations and court cases. I bet there are already 200 cases pending on this treacherous witch. A bullet between her eyes by the police and her body thrown in Mizoram's jungles for wild animals would be a short, quick and cheaper method of disposing this anti-national traitor.

There is nothing going to happen with all these filings, accusations and court cases. I bet there are already 200 cases pending on this treacherous witch. A bullet between her eyes by the police and her body thrown in Mizoram's jungles for wild animals would be a short, quick and cheaper method of disposing this anti-national traitor.

Hitler would be proud of you.

^^^Biggest Democracy in the world, so big that "this treacherous witch. A bullet between her eyes by the police and her body thrown in Mizoram's jungles for wild animals would be a short, quick and cheaper method of disposing this anti-national traitor", only in india.

^^^Biggest Democracy in the world, so big that "this treacherous witch. A bullet between her eyes by the police and her body thrown in Mizoram's jungles for wild animals would be a short, quick and cheaper method of disposing this anti-national traitor", only in india.
Yes India is the biggest democracy and that is the reason why few Anti national are mis using their freedom ....and still our Govt,Police or Army is not able to do anything against the person who is giving these kind of statements.....

Hitler would be proud of you.

Don't be too good,other wise u'll face a day where other people will enslave u and ur people in ur own land...
My advise,if u don't agree ,that's ok,but people around and life will teach u.....

Poor deluded Roy. She thinks she is some Desi Aung San Suu Kyi. Fortunately or unfortunately, she is just part of the lunatic fringe of Indian pseudo intellectuals with very little public support.

"I think the people of Kashmir have the right to self-determination, they have the right to choose who they want to be and how they want to be," Roy had said.

well said ma'am , these foul cases cant stop you from saying truth.:angel:

I would like to ask indian fellows what is wrong why not ask kashmiris which way they want to go ?
you are afraid that they will go with Pakistan ?

This is basic right of people in democracy , if you cant give that right to ppl then change your name country name to fascist republic of india.

Since you brought the concept of ONLY IN INDIA.. remember this man ???

Nawab_Akbar_Khan_Bugti.gif

The people of India through their elected representatives will decide Kashmir's fate. If Kashmiris dont like that, too bad. Emigrate to Muzzafarabad or wherever they want.

The people of India through their elected representatives will decide Kashmir's fate. If Kashmiris dont like that, too bad. Emigrate to Muzzafarabad or wherever they want.

why , why emigrate to Muzzafarabad they will live at their own land JK.

Back
Top Bottom