Pildat: Provincial Score Cards

ajpirzada

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
upload_2015-10-25_19-10-51.png

upload_2015-10-25_19-19-58.png

upload_2015-10-25_19-22-19.png

So people in KPK are feeling better off as far as democracy is concerned compared to all other provinces. Also KPK people think that things have improved for them over the last year. However, people in Punjab have seen things going towards worse.

It makes sense that because of better perception, people's trust in their political parties have gone up in KPK. Where as in Punjab it is almost unchanged.

Balochistan's approval rating for Respect of Human Rights...wow.

There is something PTI is doing horribly wrong that their party ratings have gone down despite better performance in KPK...

and there is something PMLN is doing very right that their party ratings have gone so high despite no improvement in performance...

upload_2015-10-25_20-13-34.png

PILDAT survey was deliberately conducted just before Nawaz's visit to US to depict impression of him being the most popular leader in Pakistan which obviously he is not. PILDAT surveys always comes in PMLN favor since 90's. Needless to say rest.

More surprising in Sindh, with almost all the ratings matching those of Punjab...

And as another poster mentioned above, Sindh has quality of democracy around 70%...astonishing! Would be interesting to know what exactly PILDAT meant by that...

ya thats interesting... but given law and order etc has improved a lot in Sindh during the last year so im not too surprised that people's perception in Sindh has improved somewhat

its quite obvious that all the 'Federal' related indicators have improved in Sindh over the last year... I think most of this is due to the security & accountability operation going on in Sindh

upload_2015-10-25_20-40-59.png

Surveys.... Never trusted them. I will give this survey the same level of importance I gave the nawaz Sharif high aprroval rating one. The best way to find out what people are thinking is through an election as it gives a more clearer picture and we will get proof of what the govt is doing and what is the approval rating of most parties in the local.body election , by elections and the 2018 election. That's where you can really gauge the situation ...

Surveys can be highly misleading since they can't take in the opinion of everybody and the opinion of 10000 or even 100000 in a province of a country of 20 mil is not enough especially when the opinion may vary district to district.

I think respondents of KPK made all checks even without bothering what do they pertain to.
1-KPK think that SC has more independence even more than Punjab. This comes as a surprise after the history of PTI in locking horns with SCP and maligning SCP post JC findings.
2-KPK thinks that federal devolved more powers to province than Punjab. I don't know where this put Muzaffar Saeed and QWP?
3-KPK think federal cabinet is performing well even more than what respondents in Punjab think.
4-KPK think that Civis got a better oversight on military than Punjab. :lol:
I think the respondents didn't even bother to read or if read than understand what the questions were meant for.

There is something PTI is doing horribly wrong that their party ratings have gone down despite better performance in KPK...

Media crucifixion of PTI? I don't know about everyone, but the general attitude among people around me towards PTI is that they are lazy good-for-nothing protesters.

So people in KPK are feeling better off as far as democracy is concerned compared to all other provinces. Also KPK people think that things have improved for them over the last year. However, people in Punjab have seen things going towards worse.

It makes sense that because of better perception, people's trust in their political parties have gone up in KPK. Where as in Punjab it is almost unchanged.

One has to go to KPK and experience the changes first hand. Due to the nature of my work, i travel throughout the country barring Balochistan and i must say that KPK is without a doubt the most improved Province. Although, the manner in which ANP ran the Province between 2008-2013, this tenure of PTI looks like a Golden Age for the people of KPK.

Although Imran Khan has failed to deliver on all the promises he made before the 2013 Elections, none the less structural and institutional changes have been made in KPK. Most impressive is the Police Force that you encounter. The Police Stations are very clean, impressive and most importantly the men manning those Stations come across as Professionals compared to their counterparts in Punjab. The bureaucracy is much more active compared to that of Punjab. I had the usual cash rolled up for the routine paperwork i always need but was stunned when the Officer refused to take a bribe, in fact the poor fellow was suspicious that i was an undercover Anti Corruption Officer. This was a huge surprise for me, as corruption is so embedded in our system that its routine to pay a bribe for your usual attestation work. One more thing that needs to be appreciated, the Province is a lot more cleaner now. The local waste management companies have done a good job in cleaning the Province up compared to 2012, when Peshawar used to look like a garbage dump. I wouldn't say everything is perfect now in KPK but i can say that things are getting better, i see that the Local Officials are genuinely trying to improve things. Yes they are failing in many regards but they are trying to address these issues e.g Extortion and Kidnapping is a huge problem in KPK. I remember the Police at the time launched a hot line and created a whole new department with a quick reaction force to deal with these issues. Not resolved, but their is a genuine desire to fix these problems. The introduction of LB Governments should be a further boost.

I am not surprised about Punjab. I live in Lahore and have lived here all my life. I would argue PML-N's tenure between 2008-2013 was much better compared to what it is now. They just keep on investing money on Lahore and building roads, barely any attention is being paid to fixing the bureaucracy and improving education/healthcare. God forbid if you ever have to come across Punjab Police, i would say they are less a Police Force and more Armed Thugs with Weapons. PML-N has only focused on cosmetic projects where there is lots of juice for commission compared to fixing structural problems.

Media crucifixion of PTI? I don't know about everyone, but the general attitude among people around me towards PTI is that they are lazy good-for-nothing protesters.

idk.. I think PTI people have dragged themselves too much on the protest route. Naturally they end up getting more press for protests etc and less for performance in KPK

Back
Top Bottom