What's new

PLAAF vs. USAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you tell me what jets did they retire in 15 Years and China hasn't produced a less capable than such?. When Posters say 15 years of difference....They mean by lack of 5th gen....J-10,J-10B are ranked as respected fighters with one 4th gen and other 4.5th same is the case with J-11A and B. Chinese are also testing SU-30 equivalent named J-11 BS. JF-17 is a 4th generation fighter. They are way better than the fighters USAF retired 15 Years ago (I guess you are referring to A-6, Crusader and Phantom)

just tell me when will china will fly its first 5th gen....when will they able to develop an equivalent of SPIRIT bombers....u will find out that they r more than 15 yrs back

just tell me when will china will fly its first 5th gen....when will they able to develop an equivalent of SPIRIT bombers....u will find out that they r more than 15 yrs back
here are the lines
A PLAAF general appeared on CCTV's airforce special documentary today, confirmed that they were putting finishing touches to first prototype of China's F-22 class fighter and will make its maiden flight shortly, and hope to introduce into service within 8~10 years.

The announcement of Chinese 5th gen fighter deployment as early as 2017 forces China's neighbors to go with Typhoon(Second best air-superiority fighter after F-22, which can engage stealth fighters with AWACS assist), or pressure the US to sell them F-22 to counter Chinese F-22 class fighters deployed in a massive volume.

<What Yoda said: 'Do. Or do not. There is no try.' So yes, the USAF can hit any location in mainland China. There is no 'attempt'.>

You got confused with your beloved country Vietnam.

NOTE: Serbia a small country and much less powerful than China was able to shoot down a B2 and several F-117As.

<just tell me when will china will fly its first 5th gen....when will they able to develop an equivalent of SPIRIT bombers....u will find out that they r more than 15 yrs back>

On November 9, General He Weirong, deputy commander of the People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF), confirmed long-standing speculations that the PLAAF is developing fifth-generation fighters (fourth-generation in Chinese standard), which may be in service within 8 to 10 years, and certainly by 2020. During an interview with state-owned China Central Television (CCTV) two days ahead of the 60th anniversary of the PLAAF on November 11, Deputy Commander He announced that the next-generation fighter would soon undergo its first flight, closely followed by flight trials (Xinhua News Agency, November 9). The senior military officer’s disclosure reflects the considerable progress that the PLAAF has made in force modernization, which has exceeded Western expectations in terms of the pace of development and the capabilities of its defense industrial base.

NOTE: By Chinese standard J-14 or F-XX is 4th generation but by the world standard it's 5th generation.

NOTE: Serbia a small country and much less powerful than China was able to shoot down a B2 and several F-117As.

Serbia shot down one F-117, but I don't think they shot down any B2s

NATO flew tens of thousands sorties over Yugoslavia. Lost one F-16 and one F-117. Neither was because of anything technically spectacular but sheer blind luck, called 'spray and pray'. Two out thousands is not an air defense combat record to boast about at the bar. For the aggressor, two lost out of thousands is very much something to impress the chicks at the bar. Do some research before you engage.

NATO flew tens of thousands sorties over Yugoslavia. Lost one F-16 and one F-117. Neither was because of anything technically spectacular but sheer blind luck, called 'spray and pray'. Two out thousands is not an air defense combat record to boast about at the bar. For the aggressor, two lost out of thousands is very much something to impress the chicks at the bar. Do some research before you engage.

i believe we talked about this before,
im going to agree on the nothing "technically spectacular" part but sheer blind luck it was not in the case of the F-117, the ground forces were not spraying and praying a couple dozen sams in the air and hitting the f-117 out of sheer luck they knew its path and knew the time it took off and thus was able to plan accordingly and the commander of the sam unit himself claims to have been able to track the f-117 via infrared at short range, of course im not saying no luck is needed.

i believe we talked about this before,...
Yes it was.

im going to agree on the nothing "technically spectacular" part but sheer blind luck it was not in the case of the F-117, the ground forces were not spraying and praying a couple dozen sams in the air and hitting the f-117 out of sheer luck they knew its path and knew the time it took off and thus was able to plan accordingly and the commander of the sam unit himself claims to have been able to track the f-117 via infrared at short range, of course im not saying no luck is needed.
Its? Singular? No...Not possible for the Serbs and I do not care what anyone asserted he saw. Knowing the flight plans has nothing to do with radar detection. At best, knowing the flight plan would give the Serbs an idea of the general direction of approach, not sensor detect, track and finally target a single F-117.

The F-117's pilot, Dale Zelko, recalled he had to dodge at least two missiles. So again, at best, the Serbs would know the general direction of approach, confirmed by many days of observations from Serbian sympathizers in Italy, possibly by an officer inside NATO command itself according to some rumors, and fired off several missiles, hoping that in series they would force someone into at least one missile's path. And it worked as they hoped. The fact that NATO lost another aircraft, an F-16, throughout the war is another supporting evidence that 'spray and pray' is all that the Serbs could do. To this day, Zoltan Dani refused to divulge how many missiles he let off from his own battery, let alone if anyone else launched theirs.

Yes it was.

Its? Singular? No...Not possible for the Serbs and I do not care what anyone asserted he saw. Knowing the flight plans has nothing to do with radar detection. At best, knowing the flight plan would give the Serbs an idea of the general direction of approach, not sensor detect, track and finally target a single F-117.

The F-117's pilot, Dale Zelko, recalled he had to dodge at least two missiles. So again, at best, the Serbs would know the general direction of approach, confirmed by many days of observations from Serbian sympathizers in Italy, possibly by an officer inside NATO command itself according to some rumors, and fired off several missiles, hoping that in series they would force someone into at least one missile's path. And it worked as they hoped. The fact that NATO lost another aircraft, an F-16, throughout the war is another supporting evidence that 'spray and pray' is all that the Serbs could do. To this day, Zoltan Dani refused to divulge how many missiles he let off from his own battery, let alone if anyone else launched theirs.

im merely saying it was NOT sheer blind luck,
the number of missiles Zoltan Dani had to shoot at one plane at a time isnt that great to be able to blindly fill the sky, he had what ? the capability to launch 8 missile at a time maybe? AAA rounds can far better blindly covered the sky, even if he knew the "general area and timing, a half a second late and the blind non-tracking missile will hit nothing some tracking has to have happened to hit the plane, his modifications to the p-18 radar can be taken as a hint of some of the things he did. more importantly, contrary to your claim, no one has refuted that he had some form of sensor lock at close range (took 3 tries i think he claimed)

Last edited:
Can't believe this USAF vs PLAAF is still fighting in this thread for more than a month.

In real world, in a month's time USAF would have converted PLAAF into ashes .. :)

<NATO flew tens of thousands sorties over Yugoslavia. Lost one F-16 and one F-117. Neither was because of anything technically spectacular but sheer blind luck, called 'spray and pray'. Two out thousands is not an air defense combat record to boast about at the bar. For the aggressor, two lost out of thousands is very much something to impress the chicks at the bar. Do some research before you engage.>

No you do some research before shooting your mouth of. Fu&king dude, just because my data don't match yours, doesn't mean you're right. It seems you've got a problem accepting people's data or info. Just wondering if you have a problem at workplace (or are you collecting disability or unemployment?). Typical military person who thinks highly of the branch that he/she serves.

Not surprising you're inflating the capabilities of the USAF or deflating the casualties of the USAF. You've been indoctrinated by the USAF. What's your rank in the USAF?

NOTE: Go back to your beloved country Vietnam and build their AF if you think you know so much about AF.

Yeah, everyone loves their army.
Hope we get to see Chinese soldiers do something braver than shoot Buddhist Tibetian monks!
:sniper:

they did something brave in 1962....don't you remember?????:what::what:

in a month's time PLAAF would have converted Indian force into ashes :chilli:
i agree dude,

but u do realise this thread is about the USAF and not IAF ?

if u spend the month destroying the IAF, who will be stopping the USAF ??? :P

i agree dude,

but u do realise this thread is about the USAF and not IAF ?

if u spend the month destroying the IAF, who will be stopping the USAF ??? :P

This is a pretty typical response now...Indian members will indulge IAF in every thread...and when they are left with nothing more in their "arsenal" of "arguments"..we suddenly find a post like this:hang2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom