What's new

PLAAF - What is best fighter in service now and in future?

That "j-10 is derived from Lavi" is one of the most absurd claims of fanboys/laymen of all time:

Successful (due to successful aerodynamic design) canards in modern history: Euro canards, J-10

Failed (due to flawed aerodynamic design) canards in modern hostory: Lavi.

Lavi only test-flied for dozons times before was found out that it had critical design flaws that Israel couldn't, and most likely still can't, solve. The failure of Lavi was partially because that the US pulled the plug on the finance, but most importantly the US pulled the plug on technical support so that Israeli designers can't fix it.

To sum up: J-10's aero design profile is one of best out there, while Lavi was the worst, a failed concept, an example of how NOT to design a working canard.

How a successful aero design is derived from a cuc-de-sac-flawed hence doomed-to-fail design?

If that had been true, then Bruno's theory must have had been derived from Christian Church's doctrines. :lol:

What Israel sold to J-10 thank to its US tech connection, according to what I've read, were mostly, among some inspirations, a pile of Lavi test fly data (containing flawed data) and modern concept of how to make F-16 alike FBW, upon which Lavi's FBW was based.

As to which part of data was good which was not and why so, even Israel had no clue, else Lavi would have been flying today.

J-10, though, had to do painstaking data-mining on its own to have identified useful data from flawed one among all those highly-priced Lavi crap, concluded where Lavi went wrong, how to fix it, and made its own FBW from scratch and independently since F-16's FBW don't need to deal with canards while Lavi's is a flawed one. J-10 designers are masters while Lavi designers are layman desasters.

J-11B is not designed for Dogfights as it is a BVR Fighter. In a real world fight, J11B wont let J10B get close enough to dogfight as it will destroy J10B with a BVR missile so the dogfighting capability is a mute point.

The J-10B is far stealthier than the J-11B and probably carries a hell lot more sensor fusion and ECM capabilities. The J-11B, although having a larger AESA radar, would appear quite unstealthy and therefore a huge abnormally-high observability especially when AWACS is present.

Thanks .. your explanation appears to make sense. I had a feeling that Indian Su-30Mk1 was bad news for Pakistan. Not sure about the Rafale though. That said I guess Pakistan has to retire behind the nuclear shield and depend on first strike to calm the indians down.

Pakistan was never going to be able to compete with India militarily. India is 7 times more populous than us and with 1. 1 billion people, India is in the same league China.

J10 also appears to be based on the Isreali Lavi which itself was derived from F-16. In time I suspect Chinese technology will mature.
Are you sure? I will take it as a joke.

Makes sense that meets your tastes

why you bother to debate with him??? time wasting...

you sound like a cyber warrior more.
Lol, Chinese cyber warriors backed by blogs and imagination believe their single engine multirole Israeli rip off beats an air superiority flanker. The reason why long range high altitude air superiority exist is because they outclass multiroles and don't dog fight.

The next thing you know, made in China trash doesn't explode or poison someone then explode.

I'd say they are J-16 and J-10B,both of which will be in active service beginning 2013.

Back
Top Bottom