What's new

Plot to kill Modi and many BJP leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law are equivalent to Rules in a game, and Judges are equivalent to Referees. There is no greater cause than the most efficient way to keep order and let business as usual continue.

Ethics and Morality on the other hand has religion guiding it, along with customs and practices of that particular society.

I will let the Atheist speak for himself.

But rules cannot be arbitrary or the players will revolt. It has to be based on common consent, which often arises from a visceral sense of right and wrong - almost a hard wired code.

Dude, tell me honestly (and no bull$hit if you think that despite our differences we are friends)- do you really believe that Modi will make CBI incdependent? Both you and I know that he will use CBI as a victimization tool the same way the congress has.

So, you finally concede that CBI is Congress tool to nail BJP .Good that you came to terms with reality.

This is your problem... You are arguing more about the things you are imagining than what others are writing here.. Where did I call Modi and BJP as loonies? I said with Ram Sena and Bajrangdal on loose, you really think there will be peace.. Sheesh, is it really hard for you to understand anything anyone says here? Ram Sean was bought into Policing because of congress?? :omghaha: Tell me seriously that you believe what you just said... And do you really think that Bajrangdal or Ram Sena was doing anything better than Taliban in Afghanistan?

I strictly go by what you write ...... you now say that you meant Ram Sena and Bajrangdal are loonies.

So when you said country run by loonies ....you meant country run by Ram Sena and Bajran Dal ? :azn:

Are they standing for elections ? ..... are they political parties ?

Ram Sena did come into existence during Congress Rule. So did VHP, Bajrang Dal and BJP...................You are seriously in denial. Stop wasting my time.

I am not aware of Ram Sena ...but Bajrang Dal was against Valentine's day as it is an alient cultural concept. They are most certainly not against love marriage :angel:

I am not aware if Talaban is against Valentine's day ....if they are ....good for them.

But rules cannot be arbitrary or the players will revolt. It has to be based on common consent, which often arises from a visceral sense of right and wrong - almost a hard wired code.

I already answered that .....it is based on the most efficient way to maintain order and let business as usual continue.

I hope my comment wouldn't be seen as an intrusion for I don't want to pass any judgement or give an opinion on what you do in your own country but a question does come to mind :

I was under the impression that Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, Buddhism etc. were spiritual traditions & not organized or codified in the least bit as Islam, Christianity or Judaism are. Abrahamic Religions might have the Shariah, the Justinian Code & the Talmudic Laws as different Legal Paradigms derived from them but what do you mean when you say 'Laws based on Dharma' ?

The difference is that there is no codified "word of god" but only guidelines for righteous living. What is Bhagwadgita if not a code of Dharma. By way of analogy, Abrahmic religions can be said to have penal codes - mostly black and white, while the dharmic religions have a library of books on philosophy of ethics -- read and reach your own conclusions.

fbi incident happened in a struggle and is different than a custodial killing, isn't it ? here in our case primary enquiry reports suggest that it was a fake encounter and victims were already under police custody.

So they 'claim' yes that the man died in a struggle but the only witnesses were FBI agents so who can really say what happened?

I agree with you fully that custodial killings is against Indian law and if such incidents took place those culprits should be brought to book. Encounter killings is a bit of a grey area because sometimes intelligence turns out to be false and on that basis the victim turns out to be innocent and not the terrorist that was the target but is that the fault of the shooter who was following orders? or is that more a case of a intelligence failure? this is why it is a bit of a grey issue.

Dude, tell me honestly (and no bull$hit if you think that despite our differences we are friends)- do you really believe that Modi will make CBI incdependent? Both you and I know that he will use CBI as a victimization tool the same way the congress has.

I dont think he or any politician will do it ,CBI and our police forces always act in the favor of the ruling party its not a big secret ....

They come under the Dharmic law but each of the religions has their own philosophies

Dharma is an important term in Indian religions. In Hinduism it means 'duty', 'virtue', 'morality', even 'religion' and it refers to the power which upholds the universe and society

Dharma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No I understand what you mean by that but how does one go about making laws out of such a thing as 'Dharma' ? For example Islam has Jurisprudential Paradigms derived from the Koran & the Sunnah; how does one do the same with Dharma ? Does one consult the Vedas, the Upanishads, the Mahabharat or the Ramayana as canonical texts that guides one to constitute a set of Legal Paradigms that could be Institutionalized or are there already Legal Paradigms within these texts or within Hinduism ?

I strictly go by what you write ...... you now say that you meant Ram Sena and Bajrangdal are loonies.

So when you said country run by loonies ....you meant country run by Ram Sena and Bajran Dal ? :azn:

Ram Sena did come into existence during Congress Rule. So did VHP, Bajrang Dal and BJP...................You are seriously in denial. Stop wasting my time.

I am not aware of Ram Sena ...but Bajrang Dal was against Valentine's day as it is an alient cultural concept. They are most certainly not against love marriage :angel:

I am not aware if Talaban is against Valentine's day ....if they are ....good for them.

I already answered that .....it is based on the most efficient way to maintain order and let business as usual continue.

Hmm... I do not quite agree with your utilitarian model of law. Why then are laws for protection of the weak? Or punishments for raping a destitute women. I rather feel that there is something more innate which is codified as formal laws.

This also happened in the streets of London where a Brazilain student was killed by armed cops who mistook him for a terrorist but is that the cops fault? no they were following the intelligence reports so it was a failure and a investigation took place as to what led to the blunder.

The difference is that there is no codified "word of god" but only guidelines for righteous living. What is Bhagwadgita if not a code of Dharma. By way of analogy, Abrahmic religions can be said to have penal codes - mostly black and white, while the dharmic religions have a library of books on philosophy of ethics -- read and reach your own conclusions.

Dharma in hindu context is about a balance between Duties, Responsibilities and Authority. All three are addressed.

You should know the difference between running the country and running the show.. I have no more to say.. Since you are supporting their actions of beating people just because they exchange flowers and harassing them, whats the purpose of talking to you when you support these kind of action. For your kind of people if any one do any kind of cruelty to any one in the name of religion, it is fine.. No need to quote me any more.. I wonder how people are getting this backward with all these education..

No I understand what you mean by that but how does one go about making laws out of such a thing as 'Dharma' ? For example Islam has Jurisprudential Paradigms derived from the Koran & the Sunnah; how does one do the same with Dharma ? Does one consult the Vedas, the Upanishads, the Mahabharat or the Ramayana as canonical texts that guides one to constitute a set of Legal Paradigms that could be Institutionalized or are there already Legal Paradigms within these texts or within Hinduism ?

Not really because there is so many philosophical views in Hinduism it is hard to have 1 common law for everyone to agree on. Although there is some moral teachings in the Gita which can be a guideline my view is the only common law is that of Karma that every action has a reaction kinda like what you reap is what you shall sow.

Hmm... I do not quite agree with your utilitarian model of law. Why then are laws for protection of the weak? Or punishments for raping a destitute women. I rather feel that there is something more innate which is codified as formal laws.

Basic premise of the law is utilitarian.

Social unrest disagrees with maintaining Order. So when societies evolve to be more civilized, even the rights of the weakest sections of societies are taken into account as discounting them can also lead to social unrest.

I hope my comment wouldn't be seen as an intrusion for I don't want to pass any judgement or give an opinion on what you do in your own country but a question does come to mind :

I was under the impression that Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, Buddhism etc. were spiritual traditions & not organized or codified in the least bit as Islam, Christianity or Judaism are. Abrahamic Religions might have the Shariah, the Justinian Code & the Talmudic Laws as different Legal Paradigms derived from them but what do you mean when you say 'Laws based on Dharma' ?

There are some code of laws like smṛtis (manu ,briasathi) ,my knowledge on such subjects are zero so i may be wrong also

this will help you about Hindu laws https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_Hindu_law

Not really because there is so many philosophical views in Hinduism it is hard to have 1 common law for everyone to agree on. Although there is some moral teachings in the Gita which can be a guideline my view is the only common law is that of Karma that every action has a reaction kinda like what sow is what you shall reap.

I got that the other way round lol:cheesy:

I said what you reap you shall sow duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom