What's new

PM Hasina’s mango diplomacy: Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif gets 1 metric tonne Amrapali

Now, @DrJekyll must be pondering why are you suggesting he eat an unripe green mango instead of a ripe yellow/ gold color mango.

In India we have some varieties which are green even when they are ripe. The Dashehri and Mallika mangoes I had this season were mostly green. Is it the same with these?

I tried Pakistani mangoes once only when I was in Makkah. It was quite good. But Bangladeshi mangoes are very very good too depending on the variety you eat. I don't know if they are exported to India but it's the mango season now in BD. Come over and try.

We don't get any imported mangoes here. Neither from BD nor from Pakistan. The local varieties are plenty, but I wouldn't mind some imported ones for a change. Again, even within Indian not all varieties are available everywhere. The only variety from Bengal I could taste this season was Malda, which I believe is a variant of UP's Langda.

In India we have some varieties which are green even when they are ripe. The Dashehri and Mallika mangoes I had this season were mostly green. Is it the same with these?

We don't get any imported mangoes here. Neither from BD nor from Pakistan. The local varieties are plenty, but I wouldn't mind some imported ones for a change. Again, even within Indian not all varieties are available everywhere. The only variety from Bengal I could taste this season was Malda, which I believe is a variant of UP's Langda.

Malda in India and Rajshahi in Bangladesh both grow Fazli mangoes. Malda and Rajshahi are divided by a border but are in the same area. Rajshahi division is the mango headquarter of Bangladesh.

Langra is grown in Bangladesh as well.

Noone else who eats basically any mango without knowing the type? Just me? Ok :enjoy:

Noone else who eats basically any mango without knowing the type? Just me? Ok :enjoy:

I have eaten plenty of mangoes without knowing the varieties. There are multiple mango trees in every house in the rural areas of Bangladesh. Most people don't know their varieties, some are really good, some are just ok. So I have eaten those too.

White soil is used as Kaolin to make porcelain items manufacture and also as a cosmetics ingredient. Quite popular....
It means that what you termed white soil is actually white or China Clay. Is the available volume large in Netrokona? Or, do our ceramic companies use only this material to produce porcelain materials?

Gift from chetona to Jamati again! Is it the end of the universe? :undecided:

What say you Ustadji Hazrat @Al-zakir

Last edited:
There are no South Asian mangos where I live...they're all from Africa or South America.

I have eaten Pakistani ones in Makkah, so if you go there you should find them there but of course in the mango season.

Make that two lol

I would but I don't know if it is safe enough.

BD is as safe as it gets for foreigners.
Never heard foreigners getting robbed or like that. But things like accident while driving in traffic and some pickpocketing can happen with anyone, regardless of their origin, although i think pickpocketing foreigners is quite rare too. If it happens at all.

I have to think about it.
1657109056536.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom