What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is one of the simplest of tasks. They take their power for granted, they won't even provide a baseline standard of a clean street. Literally zero development work. I have gone into google map street view on a number of locations in Pakistan and its the same story. Broken roads, broken buildings, sewage, garbage, animals, broken power lines. Its the minimum they couldn't do and they had power for over 30 years and they are multi millionaires now.

Because PPP was and is a feudal party. Urbanization has some benefits and that benefit most of the PPP leadership has not seen. They come from villages and small towns from Interior Sindh where they are literally like some medieval Lords, lording over peasants nearby. Only Urban Punjab and Urban Sindh are progressive enough for a progressive Pakistan. But all this for a different topic.
Plan B of PTI should be to resign en-masse once the NCV goes through. No more Clever-by-half measures. No more illegal actions. Because violating the Constitutional could have severe consequences--even for Imran Khan who is arguably the most protected of all Pakistani politicians in Pakistan's history.

The SC verdict have no bearing on the stigma labelled on PDM parties as Ghaddars and doing Baghawat with the country...i.e. Sedition and Treason. Will hurt badly all Sharifs, Zardari's and Fazal, others.

The stigma is here to stay with being 'Corrupt' to the core. So this SC verdict might look to be a win for PDM just as the NCV tabling, a pyrrhic victory.

And with it the stigma of doing Horse Trading, no escaping from it even with a SC verdict.

Guys I think I am right in saying that even if speakers decision is reversed, 7 days have passed. They will need to submit the NCM again and this time speaker can reject it right away.
Correct, but you never know how the SC bench will interpret that.

Supreme court has no Right to Review case brought by criminals who broke Article 63A

Initial Violation by PDM
Pakistan's constitution states clearly , you cannot "Buy" or Entice a member of another party to vote against the party this is Illegal
Article 63A

Now if your first act is wrong , and those members should be disqualified

How can you have 172 votes when the members guilty of changing vote broke law ?
  • These votes ~are rubbish PTI has right to elect a replacement candidate with internal elections

The No confidence motion itself is illegal as it is based on a illegal first act
Also due to security threat , and proof of outside interference , speaker is 100% correct to reject illegal motion

The guilty can't cry , wolf and go complain to Supreme court for review
That itself is illegal , supreme court has no right over Assembly proceedings

Last edited:
The SC verdict have no bearing on the stigma labelled on PDM parties as Ghaddars and doing Baghawat with the country...i.e. Sedition and Treason. Will hurt badly all Sharifs, Zardari's and Fazal, others.

The stigma is here to stay with being 'Corrupt' to the core. So this SC verdict might look to be a win for PDM just as the NCV tabling, a pyrrhic victory.

And with it the stigma of doing Horse Trading, no escaping from it even with a SC verdict.
This is Pakistan! Our nation's memory is quite fickle. They forget the sins of the politicians very quickly thus the repeated rules of PML-N and PPP.

I agree with those who are saying that mass resignations should have been done by PTI. PTI didn't know how many Lotas and sellouts were present in their rank and that's why dared the opposition to go through the NCV proceedings. Imran Khan and his team hasn't fully grasped how opportunistic and nasty Pakistani politicians really are! If that was not enough of a political mistake, the second mistake was to not face the NCV. The govt could have been toppled and the PTI members resigning, forcing conditions which would likely lead to general elections. Instead, what we are about to see is eggs on Imran Khan's face. Rumors are there that the Speaker himself didn't want to reject the NCV so Deputy Speaker had to. This was obviously unconstitutional despite the PDF members protesting otherwise.

Exactly

Resigning enmasse from assemblies and forcing assemblies to dissolve was a much better option than now when IK would look like a criminal and a violator of constitution after supreme court verdict

I don't know who is guiding Imran Khan but till now he has played very passively and has allowed opposition to gain more and more ground

45 minutes remaining til SC (the Supreme Chore) anounces the restoration of Pakistan Daaku movement as the rightful rulers of Pakistan
But not without setting a hideous trend of judicial overreach in the matters of parliament.

I hope the SCP also considers the situation on the ground instead of trying to pass judgement without context just because the text suggests that (although I am not sure if the constitution is very clear here). In my view, polls under a caretaker government are the only way forward.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom