What's new

Poll: Causes of Late Marriages in Pakistan

What is/are the major cause(s) of Late Marriages in Pakistan??

• Unrealistic expectations (Rich guy/ Gorgeous girl etc)

• Financial Reasons/Inflation

• People are not ready or don't want to marry early

• Societal pressure

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
What is this "unholiness and cowardice" in current society ? Do you mean a mullah-led "pious" society produces Che Guevaras and Muammar Gaddafis ?

Not at all. I’m simply speaking of the standards of honour found in society are disappearing. This isn’t an Islamically exclusive terminology, but simple human nature. Take even western values from a hundred years ago, and pre-marital relations were frowned upon. There is nothing extreme about Islam’s policy, but the gradual degradation of honour and family values

Not at all. I’m simply speaking of the standards of honour found in society are disappearing. This isn’t an Islamically exclusive terminology, but simple human nature. Take even western values from a hundred years ago, and pre-marital relations were frowned upon. There is nothing extreme about Islam’s policy, but the gradual degradation of honour and family values

I agree that honor, actual morality and rationality at least in the political, socio-economic and cultural ways are hard to negotiate in the current world where "democracy" is ruling. I speak from the perspective of a Communist Muslim. For example the Western governments and their brainwashee society will find it scandalous and form a mob to persecute a female-male couple where the situation was natural where the female is of age 16 and was lascivious with a male of age 30. The act was natural for the girl but the couple will be hounded because of fake morality and fake feminism but the same Western governments and their brainwashee society will not condemn, persecute and prosecute their leaders or former leaders who have been involved in genocide, war crimes and destablization of progressive societies. From the Korea war of 1950s to the genocide of up to three million Indonesian Communists in 1965-66 to the Iraq war to Libyan invasion to Syrian war to now NATO's terrorists and Nazis in the Ukraine war, morality is the loser.

As for "family values" how far are we willing to defend those unclear things ? We in India, Pakistan and Afghanistan know very well of honor killing, and honor killing in our region is an ancient thing which should have disappeared. Should we retain honor killing for some strange idea of nostalgia ?

I agree that honor, actual morality and rationality at least in the political, socio-economic and cultural ways are hard to negotiate in the current world where "democracy" is ruling. I speak from the perspective of a Communist Muslim. For example the Western governments and their brainwashee society will find it scandalous and form a mob to persecute a female-male couple where the situation was natural where the female is of age 16 and was lascivious with a male of age 30. The act was natural for the girl but the couple will be hounded because of fake morality and fake feminism but the same Western governments and their brainwashee society will not condemn, persecute and prosecute their leaders or former leaders who have been involved in genocide, war crimes and destablization of progressive societies. From the Korea war of 1950s to the genocide of up to three million Indonesian Communists in 1965-66 to the Iraq war to Libyan invasion to Syrian war to now NATO's terrorists and Nazis in the Ukraine war, morality is the loser.

As for "family values" how far are we willing to defend those unclear things ? We in India, Pakistan and Afghanistan know very well of honor killing, and honor killing in our region is an ancient thing which should have disappeared. Should we retain honor killing for some strange idea of nostalgia ?

I disagree with honour killing being brought back, but I full endorse a sense of honour being brought back.

Honour killing doesn’t allow people to learn from mistakes, even though I understand the amount of shame that families feel when their honour is tainted. But by bringing back a standard of honour, honour killings will also be less frequent.

It's only going to get worse, women are the gatekeepers to reproduction and they want to reduce the birth rates for population control so guess who they will target. It will get to the point where a woman sticking around for a year with you is a job well done.

Concentrate on your riches and you can have the personality of a toilet and look like Modi and it won't matter.

I disagree with honour killing being brought back, but I full endorse a sense of honour being brought back.

Honour killing doesn’t allow people to learn from mistakes, even though I understand the amount of shame that families feel when their honour is tainted. But by bringing back a standard of honour, honour killings will also be less frequent.

"Honor killing will also be less frequent" ? Honor killing should be outlawed and those who did it must be given to a firing squad at a tennis ground with the proceedings broacast live on TV and livestreamed on the internet. What kind of honor does a typical desi family even have ? Are they a family of intellectuals, inventors and revolutionaries ? If they were those categories then honor killing won't happen in that family. How will you even define this "honor" that you are defending ?

Let me give you young Pakis that are getting married some advice.

As a guest, nobody cares if your shaadi is extravagant. How fancy your wedding invitations are ect.

People will remember your wedding if the food is good. Don’t skimp out by going for chicken. Spend less on decorations/venue and make sure there is bakra..

Pro tip: the food at your wedding will taste better if there is a fresh corpse of a poor man that was lynched at the event. So make sure to place the corpse next to where the guests are eating.

Good luck and I wish you young couples eternal bliss!

Better bang your head on the wall than replying him

Main issue: Average population haven't capability to cater after marriage responsibilities.

Many other problems in which males are also responsible.

Girls are greedy & don't like poor boys & always seeking for wealthy person even her family is poor.

Once a boy send proposal: girls family stand with objections & rejecting boys with little fault.

People's are not look liked as they behaving that's why divorce occurred & girls are sending to divorce market . 😂

Enjoy Pakistani Community 😎

The average age of marriage seems to be increasing gradually for both men and women. Mid to late thirties for men and late twenties for women has become a norm typically in urban areas of Pakistan. Well there are many reasons as listed in poll but in my opinion the unrealistic expectations both from the guy and girl's side is the root cause for this unnecessary delay in marriages.

Please vote and share your thoughts...!
Financial reasons and people want to focus on their education.

its alla bout pesay pesay and passport. The coward mentality log kya aksan, my reply there are so shameful ppl in our community and guess wat no one cares it just another day same s h it.

Back
Top Bottom