What's new

POLL- What do Pakistanis on PDF think about the Saudi intervention in Yemen? Pakistani members only.

What role do you believe Pakistan should play in the Saudi intervention in Yemen?

• Total voters
Saudis has acted in their own interest which is good for them. Pk and turkey will provide moral support only...

First wait and see before jumping to conclusion. As of now Pakistan is not in this Saudi-led operation in Yemen.
I just watched PMLN and Khawja Asif declare a full moral and military support to Saudi Arabia. Any threats that the kingdom might face against its sovereignty, Pakistan will extend her full military support to the Saudis.

It's done, man. It's sad though the kind of language they used to express their support for Saudi Arabia they never used such language against TTP or or for Pakistan's sovereignty.

It's cha-ching time. You know that as well as I do. There's money to be made, mountains of it. Politicians and army generals are not gonna look the other way.

It's once in a life time opportunity for them. But a prelude to another bloody chapter in the already bloody chapter of Pakistan's brief history.

10 years from now, we are gonna be cursing the administration, the politicians, the Saudis and keep opening threads on bomb blasts in Pakistan and keep counting our dead.

10 years from now, we are gonna be cursing the administration, the politicians, the Saudis and keep opening threads on bomb blasts in Pakistan and keep counting our dead.

We are cursing them even now but who cares. Pakistan is another name of today's Arena of Death.

I just watched PMLN and Khawja Asif declare a full moral and military support to Saudi Arabia. Any threats that the kingdom might face against its sovereignty, Pakistan will extend her full military support to the Saudis.

It's done, man. It's sad though the kind of language they used to express their support for Saudi Arabia they never used such language against TTP or or for Pakistan's sovereignty.

It's cha-ching time. You know that as well as I do. There's money to be made, mountains of it. Politicians and army generals are not gonna look the other way.

It's once in a life time opportunity for them. But a prelude to another bloody chapter in the already bloody chapter of Pakistan's brief history.

Bitter quote... :(

Hey maybe it'll be better. The Bomb blasts wont be happening in Pakistan at all. Perhaps some in Pukhtoonistan, Greater Punjab, quite a bit in Azad Balochistan and a few in the principality of Karachi.. so at least Pakistan wont have to suffer this choice.

This is why Pakistan .f.

SomeFool, Pakistan is already building up its country. You apparently are too ignorant to know about all the infrastructure and economic progress Pakistan has made in past years and continues to do so today. From 1998-2008 Pakistan doubled it's entire GDP, new power plants are being constructed, program for a new dam, many new highways already built, etc. Tax net being expanded, adding to total GDP each year.

As for splitting Pakistan along ethnic lines that would resolve nothing for us and truly reveals what your real nationality is. If you want to split anything start with yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
SomeFool, Pakistan is already building up its country. You apparently are too ignorant to know about all the infrastructure and economic progress Pakistan has made in past years and continues to do so today. From 1998-2008 Pakistan doubled it's entire GDP, new power plants are being constructed, program for a new dam, many new highways already built, etc. Tax net being expanded, adding to total GDP each year.

As for splitting Pakistan along ethnic lines that would resolve nothing for us and truly reveals what your real nationality is. If you want to split anything start with yourself.

People washing bathrooms of goras now can lecture others on failed states

Pakistan can't:

1. Feed its citizens
  2. Provide enough electricity for the country
  3. Provide clean water
  4. Provide gas
  5. repay its debts
Yet has the resources to go fight another country's war. The same country that is one of the wealthiest and heavily armed country in the world, the same country that is often accused of supporting terrorism in Pakistan.

How does this make any sense?

Why should pakistan send its troops to a BS country like Saudi that openly funds and supports terror networks around the world. On top of that they constantly behead Pakistani en-mass.

Saudi Barbaria can go to the dogs for all we care. Pakistani Army and Taxpayers should NOT support this vile monarchy.

How does this make any sense?

RING DING DING DING!!..
WHAT DO HAVE FOR AM?

That is right, the correct question for Pakistan is

"What country repeatedly shoots itself in the foot,arms and legs.. in order to alleviate an itch on its butt?"

1. we cannot remain aloof bcz its regional war..
2. we should remain neutral and just do diplomacy to diffuse the situation
3. we cannot stretch ourselves into another war afetr we are unclear what Sindh situation might turn and our eastern border situation..
4. its not a simple war but of hatred, sectarian and dominance war (so objectives cannot be defined clearly like capturing or liberation and wounded countries will not forget).
5. it would weak all muslims against any other country's war, diplomacy pressure etc.. as dividend are easy to be manipulated...

Last edited:
You guys seriously think that 5 richest states in world have started this war hoping that pakistan will send its army? No . Saudis are fielding more eurofighter typhoons than britain and germany combined. Not to mention f15 silent eagle the semistealth version of worlds most successful fighter.
By looks of things hotees will get slaughtered. They dont need external help. They need moral support only..
In cricket terms they have been given a full toss ball in their feet and they are aiming for a six...

This is why Pakistan is a failed state and viewed as a pariah to the outside world. The politicians and military there have sold the country down the river and are basically licking arab boots for scraps. Why not just tell them to f-off and start the hard work of building up your country on your own, even if that means being poor? Make peace with India and let the Kashmiris fend for themselves. Of course that kind of common sense just doesn't jive with the Pakistani establishment that are hell bent on lining their pockets.

My parents immigrated from Pakistan and I'm ashamed of that country and glad they left. I don't ever see it pulling out of the rut that it is in and honestly at this point, the best solution would probably be to dissolve it entirely and split it along ethnic lines. Give east Pakistan back to India (if they even want it) and the western portion can merge with Afghanistan or form it's own enclave. Whatever the case, it would be better off than it is now with a bunch of corrupt families plundering it and costing lives.

Before you accuse me of being Indian, Israeli or whatever, look introspectively if you are Pakistani (either living there or by association) and decide if Pakistan as a nation has any future whatsoever. It's current track record of being a beggar corrupt country kind of speaks for itself.
nop you are naive, weak and depressed. you cannot face/bear an opposition./a war/ a crisis. You are not fit to command anything but to serve and be ruled..

When Zia committed his blunder by supporting the US led Afghanistan war against Russia we paid dearly and continue to do so. Our nation still bleeds and our kids get killed in schools.

Oft'times our generation says this current violence was gifted to us by our previous generation, who stood by and watched a mad men do the bidding of a world super power.

Pakistan's involvement in this Saudi war in Yemen will be our gift to our next generation. Who will blame us of the violence we would bestow upon them. I don't know how any one of us can look in the mirror and be ok with this.

I think we should support Saudi in securing its border but we should not get involved in ground operation

Well, they've already decided they're gonna jump in this for the Saudis. And if history tells us anything its that we are gonna pay for this, unfortunately. And we are gonna pay with blood.

I'd prefer we stay out of this conflict but Saudis pretty much own the Pak govt and and its army. Master wants us to do their bidding. They pay us hefty amount of sums, now they require services.

But it's a no brainer that Pakistan will suffer for this, as politicians get even richer.
Yemen is not our neighbour,its more or less like our rendezvous in Somalia

Back
Top Bottom