What's new

Prabhakaran's son was killed in cold blood by Lankan forces?

Sir, if you look at Indian reactions carefully, you will know that an overwhelming majority of us do not support LTTE. Even our government has sincerely cut off LTTE ties and played our role in destroying LTTE - a legitimate goal of SL government.

Now that cleared, can you pls talk about the war crimes issues and delivering justice to innocent people? Surely you do not wish your country to be known a pariah state by judging them by the same standards applicable to a proscribed terrorist group? These people are your citizens are they not? What do you think, the civilians do not want justice be cause they also faced injustice at the hands of LTTE?

I fully supported complete destruction of LTTE, but I find SL govt's behaviour distrubing. Please consider that.

Talking of sons of megalomaniacs, does rajpakse have a son?

First thank you for being civil in discussion..As a ordinary civilian i would definitely like to see reconcilliation and the truth to be exposed for all cocerned but that at a pace that is viable for all Lankans not to the tune of some seperatist elements in TN or the west..After all the country is coming out of a 30 year old conflict these issues cannot be solved in a year or two on a fancy of some neo liberal politicians in the west or thier minority constituents..Most of these productions come out quite stratigically very close to Geneva sessions on Human rights on vested interests..They will continue to do for the foreseeable future,Given the huge sums of money the seperatist diaspora have to buy and propagate through HR orgs,Neo liberal media etc..But still there have been no substantial proof provided..No eye witness's mentioned..Just apperant war throphy pics and videos..Now that is not to say atocities did'nt happen..They always do especially in brutal wars where one party does not adhere to rules of war

I'm no big fan of this regime..Far from it..But those issues concern all Sri Lankans they are not specific to Tamils..The more outsiders try to make this partisan,More the majority Sinhalese will back the Rajapakse's,even though they have to bear with it's tyranny..Thats the irony

First thank you for being civil in discussion..As a ordinary civilian i would definitely like to see reconcilliation and the truth to be exposed for all cocerned but that at a pace that is viable for all Lankans not to the tune of some seperatist elements in TN or the west..After all the country is coming out of a 30 year old conflict these issues cannot be solved in a year or to on a fancy of some neo liberal politicians in the west or thier minority constituents..Most of these productions come out quite stratigically very close to Geneva sessions on Human rights on vested interests..They will continue to do for the foreseeable future,Given the huge sums of money the seperatist diaspora have to buy and propagate through HR orgs,Neo liberal media etc..But still there have been no substantial proof provided..No eye witness's mentioned..Just apperant war throphy pics and videos..Now that is not to say atocities did'nt happen..They always do especially in brutal wars where one party does not adhere to rules of war

I'm no big fan of this regime..Far from it..But those issues concern all Sri Lankans they are not specific to Tamils..The more outsiders try to make this partisan,More the majority Sinhalese will back the Rajapakse's,even though they have to bear with it's tyranny..Thats the irony

I agree with you largely. Outsiders can not do much anyways other than irritating you a little. But irritation is a small thing isn't it, particularly for you becase you are dealing with your own people who (in my opinion based on what proof I've seen so far) have been done injustice and faced humiliation.

I also know people will back rajpakse just out of a defencive attitude. But I hope that does not happen. I gather you are not a Buddhist, but I have great affinity for Buddhism and would love to see Sri Lanka bring a good name to Buddhism for Buddha - by any yardstick one of the greatest men ever.

Lastly, purely out of concern for your own country, freedom and most importantly building institutions (this also takes years if not decades), Sri Lankans also need to see what rajpakse is doing. He's not doing justice to his own people, let alone Tamilians. SL Tamilians need YOUR help and YOUR ears, not otheres'. Others are only doing their jobs.

First thank you for being civil in discussion..As a ordinary civilian i would definitely like to see reconcilliation and the truth to be exposed for all cocerned but that at a pace that is viable for all Lankans not to the tune of some seperatist elements in TN or the west..After all the country is coming out of a 30 year old conflict these issues cannot be solved in a year or two on a fancy of some neo liberal politicians in the west or thier minority constituents..Most of these productions come out quite stratigically very close to Geneva sessions on Human rights on vested interests..They will continue to do for the foreseeable future,Given the huge sums of money the seperatist diaspora have to buy and propagate through HR orgs,Neo liberal media etc..But still there have been no substantial proof provided..No eye witness's mentioned..Just apperant war throphy pics and videos..Now that is not to say atocities did'nt happen..They always do especially in brutal wars where one party does not adhere to rules of war

Like INDIANs can not stand the truth of the plight of the some Kashmiries who were tortured by the STF,
Your nation can not stand the truth that your army and Government did to the tamils, besides history is written by the victors. Thanks to the electoric age, all will be out in due time and you guys will still say that its ok to have killed people.
when you talk about Geneva convention, does that not say that you can not use your air force against your own citizens. The LTTE did not end up in SL from MARS, they were once your citizen who took arms when your own government malignined the TAMIL population.
Be it NAXAL in INDIA, or LeT in Kahmir or any other organization called as terrorist they have their due reason to fight for their freedom, honor and equlity. But had the same freedom, honor and equlity is given by the Governments then there would be no fight for that cause. But we have to accept that we live as animals and not civilized humans.

when did u move to Newcastle?

Came on an assignment for a year.

Came on an assignment for a year.

good man..when I was in London I heard a lot good abt newcastle from my friend who had earlier lived in newcastle..

well, after one year once u come back, you will really miss those days...! the difference is tooooooooo big :-)

good man..when I was in London I heard a lot good abt newcastle from my friend who had earlier lived in newcastle..

well, after one year once u come back, you will really miss those days...! the difference is tooooooooo big :-)
I am a man of lesser needs, its my work that has moved me here, but I'll still be able to live a good life at my village. I would have fufilled my life if I am able to fold my needs into one brief case. Too much need for money, power is also a reason that we are not living in a civilized socity

Now all the pundits tell me, how these photos prove that SL army killed him? He is freely enjoying a snack. Would he do that in an enemy camp? The soldiers were wearing slippers. SL army soldiers do not wear slippers but LTTE did. Is there a single photo frame where SL army soldier specifically kills the boy? Technology has improved a lot today. You can make a whole base less video look believable using editing. That is used heavily here. Once the creator of the CH4 video itself accepted he did not say ch4 video is evidence for war crimes. Use ur brain not only the eyes because latter can deceive you. In a court of law where real evidences are handled, these CH4 videos would disappear into thin air.

CH4 videos do nothing but try to deceive the gullible people. Unfortunately they have succeeded so far. Even UN has NOT accepted CH4 videos as proof. In the video they say they have evidence for war crimes? But later reject they said so. They don’t want to tell the truth, it is a PR battle they are engaged in. It is the defaming SL they want to do. Other than that these videos has nothing in it. They have come up with 3 videos so far. All three videos show exactly the same thing with few alterations but try to show they have NEW evidence. But in reality they come up with the same wine in a different bottle. Wonder why they come up with a video with the same stuff at the eve of UN resolution.

The "photo" has provided another change to Tamil Nadu for pressurising Center for taking tough stand against Sri Lanka at UN

An unfortunate incident that a 12 year old was killed in cold blood for the wrong doings by his father.

Atleast SL army should have spared the child.

how do u say SL army killed the child. Cant the first two pics be photos taken when he was with LTTE? Which army would give him snacks before murdering him? The whole CH4 video is built on assumptions and made to look like a fact by clever use of multi media.

The "photo" has provided another change to Tamil Nadu for pressurising Center for taking tough stand against Sri Lanka at UN

the real reason it was made for.

Oxygen for Tamil Nadu politics

CHENNAI: In an apparent fallout of the alleged cold blooded killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE chief V Prabhakaran, some persons pelted stones at the office of Sri Lankan Airlines in Chennai, causing minor damage to property.

Police said nobody was injured in the incident which comes close on the heels of a little-known pro-Tamil group attacking the Bank of Ceylon branch here recently, injuring two persons.

Staff at the airline office confirmed the incident and said nobody was injured.

Some glass panes were damaged, police said, adding three to four persons were suspected to be behind the attack.

On Tuesday, images of 12-year-old Balachandran seen eating snack and another taken a few hours later showing his body lying on the ground, his chest pierced by bullets were featured in the Channel 4 documentary had drawn widespread criticism in the state. Sri Lankan Army had dismissed the allegation as "lies, half truths, rumours and numerous forms of speculation".

Stones pelted at Sri Lankan Airlines office in Chennai, no injuries - The Times of India

Earlier I was Pro-SL and anti LTTE…but looking at the behaviour of SL post the demise of LTTE; my perception towards SL has changed completely….they played the game very well and used us against our own people…we silly people never understood the root cause and blindly extended the support to SL cause….but I guess, LTTE had point as they had to deal with SL !!

SL and Mahinda regime are two things. MR is getting unpopular more and more. The more west pressurise SL, it will help MR. Can u say what aspects of behaviour of SL post the demise of LTTE that has made u disappointed. I d like to know.

Sir, if you look at Indian reactions carefully, you will know that an overwhelming majority of us do not support LTTE. Even our government has sincerely cut off LTTE ties and played our role in destroying LTTE - a legitimate goal of SL government.

Now that cleared, can you pls talk about the war crimes issues and delivering justice to innocent people? Surely you do not wish your country to be known a pariah state by judging them by the same standards applicable to a proscribed terrorist group? These people are your citizens are they not? What do you think, the civilians do not want justice be cause they also faced injustice at the hands of LTTE?

I fully supported complete destruction of LTTE, but I find SL govt's behaviour distrubing. Please consider that.

Talking of sons of megalomaniacs, does rajpakse have a son?

It might be true that majority of Indians did not support LTTE. But the question is did you speak for Lankans when thousands were murdered in cold blood in the streets by suicide bombers or when LTTE killed villagers in border villages in such a heinous manner? And so how can anyone judge us when we finally put an end to that?

There are many things to make straight in SL before justice. I am a Lankan I eagerly wait for justice more than any of you. I want justice for people in my country for 1971 insurgency, 1983, 1988-89 insurgency and war. After Britain murdered Irish it took 70 years for the Brits even to accept that. Crimes (not war crimes) would be discussed and handled when Lankans want them. SL is not a pariah state, far from it. If SL is, then many too would fall to that category. As I said before justice for people will be only handled by Lankans when they want to. And we have to fix a lot of things in this country before that.

Thanks for supporting destroying LTTE. SL gov is getting unpopular day by day. It is the west and HR mafia that make it popular and look like a savior of SL. Many people who conducted wars have children my friend. Bill Clinton who killed 500,000 iraqis through sanctions had a daughter. Bush had children. And your point was?

how do u say SL army killed the child. Cant the first two pics be photos taken when he was with LTTE? Which army would give him snacks before murdering him? The whole CH4 video is built on assumptions and made to look like a fact by clever use of multi media.

There are enough videos circulating in net showing SL Army executing LTTE members .

I have no problem if SL is doing this to LTTE cadres but to a 12 year old child......That is sick how much you try to spin it.

Cannot vouch for authenticity of Balachandran pictures – Indian Union EA Minister

Indian Union External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid has said he had seen the pictures and the report on the alleged killing of LTTE chief V. Prabakaran son but could not vouch for their authenticity.

Mr. Khurshid was asked about the government’s response to the op-ed in The Hindu’s Tuesday edition based on a British documentary featuring the pictures of the killing of Prabakaran’s 12-year-old son, Balachandran. Sri Lanka has dismissed the report as “lies, half-truths and numerous forms of speculation” and suggested such reports make a comeback around this time of the year when Sri Lanka’s human rights situation comes up for appraisal before a United Nation’s committee.

The External Affairs Minister said Sri Lanka was an important neighbour and friend with which India has been intensifying ties in all fields. At the same time India has voiced concern over the human rights situation and voted against Sri Lanka last March at the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC).

The documentary titled ‘No War Zone-The Killing Fields of Sri Lanka’ is to be aired in Geneva at the next session of the U.N. Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in March.

“This is not the first time such unsubstantiated allegations have been levelled against the Sri Lankan forces,” military spokesman Brigadier Ruwan Wanigasooriya said.

“Interestingly, these come up as we near a UNHRC meeting and die down thereafter. No substantive evidence has been presented for us to launch an investigation. Unfortunately, it appears that the parties who float such baseless allegations never want these to be investigated or solved. They want to keep them as mysteries in order to tarnish the country’s good image as and when it suits their agendas.”

Mr. Wanigasooriya said that if the Channel 4 was interested in having them investigated, it should cooperate with credible evidence and the Army would institute a probe, the Hindu reports.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom