What's new

Prepare India For 2-Front War: Parliamentary Panel

i seriously do not want the Tax money to be spent on more weapons purchase unless otherwise required.
CHINA is no longer an enemy, we have disputes that can be addressed diplomatically. as far as Pakistan, they have their own problems to solve so a war with INDIA is not in their interest.

The GoI should be thinking about spending money on development and the money being spent should be accounted well to see that it is being properly used for the people and does not end in some politicians swiss bank.

I for one is not willing to go with a war with either PAKISTAN OR CHINA, i hope the people of CHINA and Pakistan are also not in favour of such a war.

i seriously do not want the Tax money to be spent on more weapons purchase unless otherwise required.
CHINA is no longer an enemy, we have disputes that can be addressed diplomatically. as far as Pakistan, they have their own problems to solve so a war with INDIA is not in their interest.

The GoI should be thinking about spending money on development and the money being spent should be accounted well to see that it is being properly used for the people and does not end in some politicians swiss bank.

I for one is not willing to go with a war with either PAKISTAN OR CHINA, i hope the people of CHINA and Pakistan are also not in favour of such a war.

Peace can be formed but only among equals ...

I am amused, is history banned or something in Pakistan?

How come so many Pakistanis here believe they havent ever been defeated,, I even heard some say they won in 65!!

Did nobody tell you guys how US was there to save your country from being run over every time?

How is your assessment of USA and NATO loosing their wars in Afghanistan? Do you think USA has lost the war because Taliban has taken over USA or Europe? USA/NATO lost their war because they failed to gain their objectives and that makes Taliban in Afghanistan WIN.

If your assessment is India won the 65 war.. can you mention a single element of victory? India had rather lost several hundred kilometers to Pakistan. If India was winning.. why the holy hell it agreed for a seas-fire :) ? Get out of delusions my friend.. your countrymen are too good at making dramas but dramas are dramas not facts.

I dont think there will be a full fledged war with China. With China there will be a small skirmish across the border and with Pakistan also the possibility of an all out war is very less even if it happens will not last for more than two months.

So basically we need to be prepared even though the probability of happening is low.

You see you are intellectually refusing to accept a two front-war scenario and only imagine that China would be partly involved at most, as it has been the case before. I wouldn't comment weather you are right or wrong but your statement justifies that fighting/winning two front-war is not rational and you had to consider a limited war with China instead of full-fledge.

How is your assessment of USA and NATO loosing their wars in Afghanistan? Do you think USA has lost the war because Taliban has taken over USA or Europe? USA/NATO lost their war because they failed to gain their objectives and that makes Taliban in Afghanistan WIN.

If your assessment is India won the 65 war.. can you mention a single element of victory? India had rather lost several hundred kilometers to Pakistan. If India was winning.. why the holy hell it agreed for a seas-fire :) ? Get out of delusions my friend.. your countrymen are too good at making dramas but dramas are dramas not facts.
1965 we lost and you won :pakistan: :chilli: :blah:
happy now, go have your coffee now

do you want to leave in constant pressur (eg. phillipeans, vieatnam, taiwan)? you are unaware when the enimy will attack you & need to depend that some friendly country will come to your help when its needed. what if they are late?

we need toprepare for any eventuality. also we are spending huge on the defence (below 3% of GDP) so whats the problem. (just compare it with all the premeums you pay towards insurance of your total salary).

we dont need to win a two front war. we just need to hold on our positions so long as to the external forces will come to effect. you dont want to see India experiancing 1962 again or what Pakistan experianced in 1971?

1965 we lost and you won :pakistan: :chilli: :blah:
happy now, go have your coffee now

India failed to achieve its objectives and Pakistan defended its territory and didn't loose to India anything other than human lives and eventually, Pakistan Won! :pakistan: Definitely!

I am amused, is history banned or something in Pakistan?

How come so many Pakistanis here believe they havent ever been defeated,, I even heard some say they won in 65!!

Did nobody tell you guys how US was there to save your country from being run over every time?

Looks like comics is called history in India. No pun your post invited a square shot and you helped with your fairy tale post. What about Russia on Indian side my friend.. did it not exist on earth then? Ans Israel which your own countrymen admit was there to defend Kargil? :) Don't derail the post and don't exhaust everything you have learned in here. This thread has a title and a topic to discuss, it would be better if you and I stick to that.

the reason NATO is in **** is because they are trying to rebuild Iraq and afganistan after defeating them....with India -Pak war we will not be worried about rebuilding your country.

in the 65 war
1)you attacked to occupy Indian territory- Pakistani Objective
2)Indian objective- hold on to our territory.

since you attacked - it was a surprise to our forces as only our border security forces were at our borders you were able to gain territory. but as the war the situation changed once we started to mobilize our forces. so you guys came with a cease fire with the help of the US. we agreed to it because to us -our soldiers life are precious unlike your country who will even go to the level of calling your own soldiers as terrorists.

our objective was met at the end of the war while you objective failed along with your dead soldiers

^ lahore was gone mate in '65 :woot:

lol.. Lahore was gone but only in BBC's radio broadcasts. Lahore was defended to its every inch. I recall how Indian General had said that "we will take our lunch in Gymkhana" and couldn't visit this place till his death.

Go educate yourself some more on the topic.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-photos-multimedia/20852-some-rare-old-pictures-1965-war-3.html

and watch this.
Indian Army Chief EXPLAINS why Lahore was not taken! I wonder who has been feeding your brain and with what!

1965%20War-Antique%20Pictures_09.jpg

I dont know maybe the talibs were never good at maths or something. How else can one believe that losing 150 or so terrorists for every one NATO soldier is a victory lol. Or maybe the fact that they aren't even fighting anymore, just hiding in caves and hills.

If your assessment is India won the 65 war.. can you mention a single element of victory? India had lost several hundred kilometers to Pakistan. Also if India was winning.. why the holy hell it agreed for a seas-fire :) ? Get out of delusions my friend.. your countrymen are too good at making dramas but dramas are dramas not facts.

Single element of victory? Kashmir valley still in India big enough for you?

Maybe next time we will keep all of the territory we won so that ignorant people can be made to realize who won what.

Also maybe that tinpot dictator Ayub didnt let you guys know how he had begged US to make India accept ceasefire, read here what he says to US Ambassador-

Recurring theme voiced by President (Ayub) last night was “Why do U.S. actions seem designed to push me toward the Chinese? I don't want to sit in Chinese lap, and I won't do so if it can be avoided. But if U.S. can't give me any help, I'll have no choice.”
Office of the Historian - Historical Documents - Foreign Relations of the United States, 1964

:lol: at chinese lap.

India failed to achieve its objectives and Pakistan defended its territory and didn't loose to India anything other than human lives and eventually, Pakistan Won! :pakistan: Definitely!

Looks like comics is called history in India. No pun your post invited a square shot and you helped with your fairy tale post. What about Russia on Indian side my friend.. did it not exist on earth then? Ans Israel which your own countrymen admit was there to defend Kargil? :)

my dear graphican,
after the mild success of operation gibraltar, pak army brass speculated that with some **** initiation, the kashmiris would revolt and the whole of kashmir would fall into pak's hands. unfortunately for pakistan, it wasnt meant to be.....india didnt initiate the war so it didnt have any objectives on the first place. on the other hand the pakistanis had the objective of wresting kashmir as they thought indians were already truamatised by the events on n aftermath the '62 debacle.
after the war progressed, PAF did some successful sorties n caught indians pants down ( about 60% of the kills were due to the bombing of planes still in their fields). tables never turned actually, neither pak nor india let each other get the upper hand. pakistani reserves were almost gone when the ceasefire was declared. some fool on the indian side assesed that our artillery reserve was only 30% of wat we began with (this was eventually found to be a gross miscalculation on that official's part).
finally, pak's objective :get kashmir
india's objectives: protect kashmir.
u decide which objectives were met and whose werent.

we, on the both side of the border, are filled with incompetenses n problems, but please dont highlight those with ur imaginary n distorted fragments of history. respect ur history , watever that is, only then u can have the hope of a bright n a secure future.
thank u

In 1965,pakistan lost more soldiers,more land and more tanks.Then how the hell on earth they won the battle.
Plus they didn't even achieve any oftheir objectives.

Back
Top Bottom