What's new

Procurement of new aircraft in PAF

Punjab puls and PAF are classical examples of Pakistani nation

We need realistic approach ...
In light category we have JF-17 and upcoming block III will outmatch all birds in Light category , 200+ of them will be enough for all Migs and Jags and M2Ks of IAF.
Does PAF need One new Medium Fighter ? Yes PAF need one, F-16s(No doubt that they are best in there category ) are getting old (majority we have are old version only few are New block-52)and they are sanction prone and what not,,,, We have to let them go one day. We also have to retire our Mirages (We can not change and replace all of our birds with JF-17 or I would say with One Bird), so best Option if we look closely is J-10P(P stands for Pakistani version). There induction not only allow us to replace Mirages (delta with delta ) but also give us 40+ years of peace of mind in there category. Second best option is (was) M2K I guess we missed that train already.
Does PAF need heavy 4.5 Gen bird ? Yes PAF do need one , for deep strikes and for Seas , Best options are EFT , Su-35 and J series from China. If Money can be arranged then EFT is the best among all (if available) , There are more countries involved in EFT programme and all of them are our allies , and our best ally counties also using that bird , so sanction wont be that effective plus that bird can help us in Our Next Gen Bird program and in JF-17 program even in J-10 if we buy them, Russian Bird (Su-35) is also great but can we trust Russia on that??? Then China's J series that also have issue with selling to other countries.
For 5th Gen , We can work with Turkey and China on different options , meanwhile we can buy (if pocket allows) J-31 .......
In short , PAF need more birds in 2 categories which are Medium and Heavy , We already wasted many years I hope we don't waist many more.

Why i am having a feeling that there is huge factor of corruption In Air Force which create hurdles in acquiring a new platform ?! We should have bought or lease 50 J-10's with AESA and IRST to increase our numbers ..

Sir I am afraid that FC20 was offered to Pak but it was not having AESA or IRST. The later versions of J10 are having these gadgets but they are so far being produced to fulfill Chinese requirements.
The best offer is to go for Fc31 may be available in next few Years if Pak commits now.

for 90 million euro - EFT is expensive but provides lots of data for JFT and future 5th gen fighter. some of the air frame components can be produced at PAC to lower the cost. we should go for twin seat version with CFT and TV engines.

decision to ditch J10 in 2006 is going to haunt us in coming years , a lease of 2 squadron with follow up order for J10B/C would have been sufficient along with Jf 17 would have solved many problems . J31 would have replaces F16 by 2025/2030

PAF has a need for an off-the-shelf fighter to provide additional capabilities – i.e. range and payload.
NO... PAF doesn't have any such need, or may be its invisible to me!
You are most welcome to enlighten me on this unseen unheard need!

However, I do agree that by 2025, PAF should have a newer airframe, but considering PAC establishment.... I don't see an off the shelf fighter in any foreseeable future of PAF.
Non the less, the speed with which technology is moving forward, I trust loiter time and pay load of JF-17 will also improve.

F-16 is a potent frame and PAF likes it and would like to have more of it, mainly because of existing infrastructure, but in presence of F-17, its charm is fading away.
I don't expect more tradeoff deals by PAF in future, just to secure more F-16.

Last edited:
NO... PAF doesn't have any such need, or may be its invisible to me!
You are most welcome to enlighten me on this unseen unheard need!

However, I do agree that by 2025, PAF should have a newer airframe, but considering PAC establishment.... I don't see an off the shelf fighter in any foreseeable future of PAF.
Non the less, the speed with which technology is moving forward, I trust loiter time and pay load of JF-17 will also improve.

F-16 is a potent frame and PAF likes it and would like to have more of it, mainly because of existing infrastructure, but in presence of F-17, its charm is fading away.
I don't expect more tradeoff deals by PAF in future, just to secure more F-16.

I think you miss ACM last interview in PDF

A bit too late for 4.5+ generation. Taking this route will not only dilute funds from other critical programs but PAF will forever play catch up with the IAF.

With the maturation of the JF-17 program, PAF leadership is right in investing in the 5th generation category, bypassing the 4.5+ generation all together. With the Turkish 5th generation aircraft and the Chinese perfecting the technology, by 2025 PAF will not only have outside options from reliable allies but will also be in position to advance its own 5th gen fighter program by leaning on lessons learned by the Turkish and Chinese friends. This will allow PAF to fundamentally close the technological cap with the IAF that currently exists. It’s only within the next 8-10 years that PAF will lag. I think this is acceptable. No need to spend money on EFTs and SU-35s type jets.

Fan boys might be disappointed but if the JF-17 Block III are 80% as effective as the SU-30s & Rafael, PAF is in a very good position if you factor in all the force multipliers like AWACS & ground air Defence it has been recently investing in.

40 Sukhoi-35
40 Gripen or 40 J11

• Should be enough for modernization and take off the burden from F16

• Block 3 JF17 Thunders will certainly enhance the capabilities 10 folds
sukhoi-font-b-su-b-font-font-b-35-b-font-poster-silk-fabric-cloth-print.jpg

j11.jpg

A good option to have

If we induct 40 Sukhoi-35 and 40 J11 we can safely start to retire F16 in 10 year time etc

That is all we need
1) Order with Russia
2) Order with China

2 Different suppliers and may be Sweden Gripen as Third fall back choice

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom