What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

I will be very interested to know why the VTOL is being pursued.
Given We're not in an A/C Carrier Mood & I don't think Fighter Jet Landings could be an Issue since PAF continuously repeats the Motorway drill Exercises.
Only two reasons are coming into my mind atm.

1) It is strictly for the take off purposes. Assuming a situation where the enemy has damaged the tracks and it is unable to fly-off in such conditions. This might be a very handy feature to carry.
2) Second is me just just thinking of a tactic. But it could be possible that the VTOL ability can be used to hide the Figher Jets kind of in a like "Underground Facility" with a small radar on top of the "Underground Facility " in a disguise. If the enemy fighter jet passes through that area and the radar detects it, They could automatically open the facility, use the VTOL for the take of & "Already" You're eyeing the tail of the opponent, giving a very big advantage in dog-fighting perspective. This could work very well close to border, where like Indian breaching after the "Pulwama Fiasco" into the "Balakot Event" where they entered only for a few seconds, but in this case, it could give huge advantage especially if PAF caught them while in a turning back state.

May be PAF is thinking of VTOL, because it's a derivative of china carrier based 5th gen proposed fighter. For me That's the best case scenario for this.

May be PAF is thinking of VTOL, because it's a derivative of china carrier based 5th gen proposed fighter. For me That's the best case scenario for this.
that will be mess a big mess . i wish they did not think of it

No no, i don't think that's happening & that should not happen as well.
If that's the case, they should just buy it directly cuz there is no point in stretching your outlines.
If VTOL is there, it should be under PAF requirements, & that is what i was pondering about.

there will be technical mess and economical mess too that will delay us some 10-15 years . do what you can do do not jump on others tech.
VOL can be pursued parallel to other project, this would not be a totally different jet. Would agree with the cost aspect

VOL can be pursued parallel to other project, this would not be a totally different jet. Would agree with the cost aspect
Only makes sense if PAF / PAC piggy Backs off the AVIC, that is if AVIC has such a project in pipeline or in future. If it is just PAF / PAC then I am sorry, its going to be one very expensive VTOL ever built, if it gets built.

That's ridiculous ... alone since China's next carrier-borne fighter won't be a VTOL-type, but a regular Catapult-capable fighter. IMO there's currently not even a plan for such a type in China.

As such, simply forget that idea.

That's ridiculous ... alone since China's next carrier-borne fighter won't be a VTOL-type, but a regular Catapult-capable fighter. IMO there's currently not even a plan for such a type in China.

^^^^PAF wouldnt even have access to any sort of engine type capable of the sort.

I wonder PAF is looking at the Loyal Wingman program Australia is pioneering with Boeing. Seems the Aussies have one upped even the USAF.

All PAF has to do is take the template, customize it, make it smaller for the subcontinent, and viola, Pak could have a UCAV that evens out India's numbers advantage.

PS: post not meant for the Zionist on the thread who doesn't think Pakistan can make such a drone.

I wonder PAF is looking at the Loyal Wingman program Australia is pioneering with Boeing. Seems the Aussies have one upped even the USAF.

All PAF has to do is take the template, customize it, make it smaller for the subcontinent, and viola, Pak could have a UCAV that evens out India's numbers advantage.

PS: post not meant for the Zionist on the thread who doesn't think Pakistan can make such a drone.

Funny or indeed a testimony for your own limitations that you don't get it and only repost the same BS once again: Fact is - regardless what you armchair-analyst think, it is not that equal, so I - and any other serious follower of this project agrees - am sure that "PAF has to do is take the template, customize it, make it smaller for the subcontinent, and viola, Pak could have a UCAV that evens out India's numbers advantage." :omghaha: Yes; . Pakistan indeed at the moment cannot make such a drone.

But I'm sure any of your buddies will soon step in with yet another triade of accusations against me.
Hi,

That is not an intelligent comment---.

There are no members as stupid as you who would ask for something that does not exist---and then laugh at their own stupidity---.

There is something that arrived a couple of months ago---but you would not know what it is---.

Don't cut your nose to spite your face---.

At least not as stupid as claiming the JF-17 Batch 3 would use a non-existent Italian engine.

Here allow me to add something else merely to refer the level of things being told and things being done. Supposedly, not just the commoners but even people attached to concern establishment or company or even forces, don't know about everything done behind the closed doors of those work sheds.

What we are told that already came into public awareness but I will never ask for something in any manners if I wants to know a secret. Since, I haven't been told doesn't mean nothing happening beyond the public domain. What I am saying is that an idea will always be an idea whether ridiculous or considerable which depends when shared and talked. I see that most of the times, reactions are also due to language barrier and misunderstanding so either one or another, may kindly bear with it.

Mr Deino, I need to ask a very basic question regarding stealth aircraft engineering.

Question: Say you have an stealth aircraft flying. Its structures deforms due to aerodynamic and inertial forces. You want to calculate the scattered radar field around it. How would you set up this problem in the language of mathematics. What would you call such problem mathematically.

Note the answer is just one sentence. A small sentence if one knows what they are talking about.

I am asking this question because a "pseudo expert" who constantly looks at my country Pakistan and the capabilities of Pakistani engineers and PAF with a condescending attitude and is excessively too sure of himself, will not be able to answer it by "googling it extensively".

You can't find answers to such questions from google. Even to ask them, you have to have some expertise yourself.

This question is that specific so that I can google too and make sure that answer given to me is NOT from a website or a popular book on "the magical capabilities of F-22 (or something like that)".

To answer this question you have to know the basics yourself, just the "VERY BASICS".

Am I right?

So what's the answer. Even an average expert with "very basic knowledge of advanced stealth aircraft engineering" should be able to answer it readily. Since you are way above such an expert. You are such an expert, you can even assess Pakistani capabilities without knowing or meeting any one of us or visiting PAF advanced research facilities. You would have no problem.....right?

I will give my ONLY one sentence answer and then will NOT further engage you.

I am really busy and have already wasted too much time today on irrelevant things and simply can't spend anymore time.

But one day when I will have time, I will write about the design and engineering capabilities of Pakistan as far as stealth aircraft are concerned. Cause I know they are vastly superior than people like you with their stereotypical image of Pakistan can ever imagine.

If you answered it correctly which seems not possible, I will then ask even harder question again that "ungoogle-able" question related to stealth aircraft, whose answer you won't find in the text books either but assumes high degree of expertise in multi-disciplinary stealth aircraft engineering. You can refuse to answer it off course. My aim is not to insult you here. But to let others know that when it comes to Pakistan project azm, they should not listen to your opinions and maintain a positive attitude towards our 5th generation aircraft program and what Pakistan can do. Pakistan is far more capable than you can ever perceive. So please don't take it personally and nor google it for too long. I would know, trust me.
wtf did i waste my time in reading here
be realistic and pull your head out.
its not a personal bashing thread.
but on a suject of an ambition.

I pray that people leading it are not as petty as ordinary Pakistanis who waste time in grudges rather than the task at hand.

Mr Deino, I need to ask a very basic question regarding stealth aircraft engineering.

Question: Say you have an stealth aircraft flying. Its structures deforms due to aerodynamic and inertial forces. You want to calculate the scattered radar field around it. How would you set up this problem in the language of mathematics. What would you call such problem mathematically.

Note the answer is just one sentence. A small sentence if one knows what they are talking about.

I am asking this question because a "pseudo expert" who constantly looks at my country Pakistan and the capabilities of Pakistani engineers and PAF with a condescending attitude and is excessively too sure of himself, will not be able to answer it by "googling it extensively".

You can't find answers to such questions from google. Even to ask them, you have to have some expertise yourself.

This question is that specific so that I can google too and make sure that answer given to me is NOT from a website or a popular book on "the magical capabilities of F-22 (or something like that)".

To answer this question you have to know the basics yourself, just the "VERY BASICS".

Am I right?

So what's the answer. Even an average expert with "very basic knowledge of advanced stealth aircraft engineering" should be able to answer it readily. Since you are way above such an expert. You are such an expert, you can even assess Pakistani capabilities without knowing or meeting any one of us or visiting PAF advanced research facilities. You would have no problem.....right?

I will give my ONLY one sentence answer and then will NOT further engage you.

I am really busy and have already wasted too much time today on irrelevant things and simply can't spend anymore time.

But one day when I will have time, I will write about the design and engineering capabilities of Pakistan as far as stealth aircraft are concerned. Cause I know they are vastly superior than people like you with their stereotypical image of Pakistan can ever imagine.

If you answered it correctly which seems not possible, I will then ask even harder question again that "ungoogle-able" question related to stealth aircraft, whose answer you won't find in the text books either but assumes high degree of expertise in multi-disciplinary stealth aircraft engineering. You can refuse to answer it off course. My aim is not to insult you here. But to let others know that when it comes to Pakistan project azm, they should not listen to your opinions and maintain a positive attitude towards our 5th generation aircraft program and what Pakistan can do. Pakistan is far more capable than you can ever perceive. So please don't take it personally and nor google it for too long. I would know, trust me.

Physicists have a famous saying: all cows are round. You start from there and apply perturbation theory. Although I don't have a very indepth knowledge of Maxwell's equations, I will hazard a guess and say you will start with the parameters of the flow when the aircraft is intact, and then setup a perturbation to progressively reach closer to the final system.
wtf did i waste my time in reading here
be realistic and pull your head out.
its not a personal bashing thread.
but on a suject of an ambition.

I pray that people leading it are not as petty as ordinary Pakistanis who waste time in grudges rather than the task at hand.

You read a highly technical response that went straight above your head like a bouncer. Mr Deino needs to be shown his place in the pecking order. Yes, we have a lot of ordinary Pakistanis who cannot express themselves, cannot reason about advanced topics. But to ritualistically degrade them and to use the word Pakistanis when doing that, it is humiliating for those Pakistanis who actually know what they are talking about.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom