What's new

Propaganda against Urdu

school English medium kro ty ustaada no aakho text reading baajo lecture native language ich dvo. Baaki sirf arabi no iko ikhtiari language rkho ba kitay molvi mimbar ty da na laavay.

It's impossible to learn that many language to passify every ethnicities insecurities and those advocating in favour of their native language gonna switch sides if they are given the option to educate their kids only in english.

OK then, every child should learn every language spoken in a province. By that, Sindhi students will learn 5 to 6 languages, Punjabi students will learn at least 3, balochi will learn at least 5 to 6, and KPK, o dear they must learn many more than that.
Umer beet jaeygi.
In my opinion, we should throw Urdu away and accept Chinese as our national language. Then Karachi walas will be mocked as "Chinese speakers". We are mocked for abiding by a choice made by Mr Jinnah. My forefathers were not Urdu speakers. We had our own language(still national language of Haryana, India). But when a Sindhi steps towards me and mocks me for being so Pakistani, I really want to go back in time and ask my elders to not to go to Pakistan.
Dude seriously enough of this rr man
Sindhi, Punjabis migrated from here too

They didn't go to Maharashtra and said look stop, we spoke Sindhi but now we speak Hindi outdoors
So because of that you should also turn the whole state Hindi not marhati
If you don't I'll make emotional pleas (eventhough no one is even going to that extreme where India goes, I don't want it nor am I advocating for it)
school English medium kro ty ustaada no aakho text reading baajo lecture native language ich dvo. Baaki sirf arabi no iko ikhtiari language rkho ba kitay molvi mimbar ty da na laavay.

It's impossible to learn that many language to passify every ethnicities insecurities and those advocating in favour of their native language gonna switch sides if they are given the option to educate their kids only in english.
1 year Urdu, other school year local language
5,5 years each, mainstream language is Urdu on tv, music, movies
More than enough to be proficient in Urdu both spoken and written
So you're mainstreaming country around common language without hurting regional languages

Last edited:
Dude seriously enough of this rr man
Sindhi, Punjabis migrated from here too

They didn't go to Maharashtra and said look stop, we spoke Sindhi but now we speak Hindi outdoors
So because of that you should also turn the whole state Hindi not marhati
If you don't I'll make emotional pleas (eventhough no one is even going to that extreme where India goes, I don't want it nor am I advocating for it)
Sindhis of India still speak Sindhi and they study in English. F Hindi, f Marathi, f all regional languages and f gandhi. Better be like the ones you are quoting here.
And I am not defending Urdu here. F Urdu too. This language has brought more misery on me and my family.

It would have failed miserably..very miserably...by 1947 urdu had all the islamic literature (including that of different sects like deobandis,barelvis etc)...it had established itself as language of muslims......even iqbal whose mother tongue was punjabi wrote in Urdu....Urdu had a strong foundation...even if you had made Dari or any other language as national language it would have been impossible to displace urdu from masses.
Besides, bollywood with its music would also have played a role in keeping urdu alive among pakistani masses.

Just for your information Iqbal also wrote in farsi and his farsi poems are still taught in Iranian schools. He is known as Iqbal Lahori in Iran.

Another piece of info for you. Farsi was part of the official curriculum and was taught in every school in Pakistan until Zia regime removed it in the late 70s.

As for Urdu having strong foundation, it didn't have any strong foundation on this side of the border until the Muslims from today's India migrated. Even now only around 7% people are native speakers of Urdu, which means that everyone else had to learn Urdu at school, which in turn means that same people would have learnt whatever language was being taught either Farsi, Arabic, English or Klingon.

Just for your information Iqbal also wrote in farsi and his farsi poems are still taught in Iranian schools. He is known as Iqbal Lahori in Iran.

Another piece of info for you. Farsi was part of the official curriculum and was taught in every school in Pakistan until Zia regime removed it in the late 70s.

As for Urdu having strong foundation, it didn't have any strong foundation on this side of the border until the Muslims from today's India migrated. Even now only around 7% people are native speakers of Urdu, which means that everyone else had to learn Urdu at school, which in turn means that same people would have learnt whatever language was being taught either Farsi, Arabic, English or Klingon.
Be honest man...I can see everyone speaking in urdu in pakistan on youtube...from street vendors to business magnets...never saw anyone talking punjabi or pashto..even punjabi ulema give their sermons in urdu.
I dont buy the argument an illiterate person selling food on the street has learnt urdu from school...Urdu had been in pakistan even before partition..even before indian muslims migrated there...
If you have time go through the following wiki page,plz go through it ...many of these islamic scholars were from prepartition pakistan and everyone of them wrote in urdu(primarily)...not in punjabi or some pashto

1 year Urdu, other school year local language
5,5 years each, mainstream language is Urdu on tv, music, movies
More than enough to be proficient in Urdu both spoken and written
So you're mainstreaming country around common language without hurting regional languages

No thank you Punjabi ghr sy , Urdu t.v sy or english medium m general science, math or Islamiyat with added lessons of Arabic grammar in one book maktab sy .

Jis ny ethnicity k Mandir p apnay bacho ka charhava charhana hai vhi yeh mental gymnastic kry hmy koi zaroorat nahi . I've been actively taught Farsi and Arabic besides english and Urdu for three months ------- aik b pallay nae pari so I changed my school

Be honest man...I can see everyone speaking in urdu in pakistan on youtube...from street vendors to business magnets...never saw anyone talking punjabi or pashto..
I dont buy the argument an illiterate person selling food on the street has learnt urdu from school...Urdu had been in pakistan even before partition..even before indian muslims migrated there...
If you have time go through the following wiki page,plz go through it ...many of these islamic scholars were from prepartition pakistan and everyone of them wrote in urdu(primarily)...not in punjabi or some pashto

Mate, what you watch in youtube is dependent upon your search history, if you go through my youtube history you will think that everyone in Pakistan speaks Pashto.

Mate, what you watch in youtube is dependent upon your search history, if you go through my youtube history you will think that everyone in Pakistan speaks Pashto.
ok...whatever floats your boat..I give up

Be honest man...I can see everyone speaking in urdu in pakistan on youtube...from street vendors to business magnets...never saw anyone talking punjabi or pashto..even punjabi ulema give their sermons in urdu.
Farsi was widely taught in Pakistan after the partition and all learned people learnt and spoke farsi both before and after partition. There's also equal if not more rich body of Islamic works in Farsi and Arabic for people to lean on.

Lastly, we made do with English being our official language, we would have done even better with Arabic or even Farsi.

come on it's not that complicated: this "national language" nonsense destorys nations. in India most people do schooling in either regional language or English. even at English schools the teachers speak mostly in the regional language and books in English (you need to learn English in class 1 or before, in older days it was class 5). Hindi is only used in schooling in Hindi belt, and even there teachers often talk in regional languages like Maithili etc, other than that it's a language someone might choose to learn like they do Spanish or French in America.

of course optionally anyone anywhere can learn Hindi if they need to travel nationally, talk to migrant labourers etc, enjoy one more cinema medium etc.

India doesn't have and doesn't need a national language.

So many students study farsi as optional subject in FA and BA and pass with 70 80 percent marks lekin farsi main aik simple sentence nhi bana sktay. Jo smjhtay hain farsi Pakistan ki language ban skti thi unko ground realities ka nhi pta

And Arabic is taught as compulsory subject from class 6 to 8 phir bhi kisi ko zara si bhi nhi aati

Simple answer.........Ratta.

It would have failed miserably..very miserably...by 1947 urdu had all the islamic literature (including that of different sects like deobandis,barelvis etc)...it had established itself as language of muslims......even iqbal whose mother tongue was punjabi wrote in Urdu....Urdu had a strong foundation...even if you had made Dari or any other language as national language it would have been impossible to displace urdu from masses.
Besides, bollywood with its music would also have played a role in keeping urdu alive among pakistani masses.

Urdu is the national language of Pakistan but isn’t the mother tongue of about 92% of the population. This is because it was introduced as the sole official language of the country by Quaid-e-Azam as way to unify the country post partition. Many Pakistanis speak Urdu as a vernacular language for everyday discourse but most likely will speak another at home.

Most Pakistanis speak the language of their province. Most people in Balochistan, Punjab, Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa speak Balochi, Punjabi, Sindhi, and Pushto, respectively. Though there are many other languages there as well like Saraiki and Hindko. The people only speak Urdu with someone who does not share their mother language (like a Punjabi to a Sindhi, etc.).

come on it's not that complicated: this "national language" nonsense destorys nations. in India most people do schooling in either regional language or English. even at English schools the teachers speak mostly in the regional language and books in English (you need to learn English in class 1 or before, in older days it was class 5). Hindi is only used in schooling in Hindi belt, and even there teachers often talk in regional languages like Maithili etc, other than that it's a language someone might choose to learn like they do Spanish or French in America.

of course optionally anyone anywhere can learn Hindi if they need to travel nationally, talk to migrant labourers etc, enjoy one more cinema medium etc.

India doesn't have and doesn't need a national language.
Works for us, actually works great for us and everyone for the most part has bought into it and acknowledging it as national language
Debate ended decades ago(please don't bring the cringe Bangladeshi example, I am so tired of hearing it over and over again from Indians, seriously, at this point you should know not to judge Pakistan from that lense it's stupid)

"India doesn't have and doesn't need a national language"
Your country your choice, don't think it matters here
Tv, music mainstream entertainment
It's moronic that you couldn't think through this most basic of things, especially if you live outside your Homeland
You know you only learn languages by listening to it not by "studying" it

Yes Was British, but it was Jinnah made it official in Pakistan, like my previous post not spoken on scale people think

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom