What's new

Prophet Muhammad PBUH Had only one daughter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratva

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hearing it For the first time in Life, I heard that Prophet Muhammad had only one Daughter,,, i.e Fatima Raziallah unho,,,, while rest of three were not his daughters, and the believers of this belief are Shia, actually their whole foundation is based upon this thing

So i request Muslim Members to give their input on this thing and tell me is this the Bidat on our beloved prophet or is it real what Shias claim,,,

Please no flaming in Topic and try to be as sane as possible. Thanks in advance

I think a verse from Holy Quran would be enough.

“O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran, 33:59)

The Shia Muslims disagree. They assert that Zainab, Ruqayya and Umm Kulthoom were not the daughters of Muhammad and Khadija; in fact, they were not even the daughters of Khadija by any earlier marriage; they were the daughters of a (widowed) sister of Khadija. Khadija's sister also died, and upon her death, she brought the three girls into her own house and brought them up as her own children.

The Shia Muslims disagree. They assert that Zainab, Ruqayya and Umm Kulthoom were not the daughters of Muhammad and Khadija; in fact, they were not even the daughters of Khadija by any earlier marriage; they were the daughters of a (widowed) sister of Khadija. Khadija's sister also died, and upon her death, she brought the three girls into her own house and brought them up as her own children.

Well I don't know what they believe but according to this verse Prophet Muhammad(SAW) had 4 daughters. Allah has said it clearly in Quran that adopted children should be associated with their real father. Now why in Quran Allah would associate adopted daughters to Prophet(SAW) and contradict His own order.

"And Allah did not make your adopted children your sons. That is only your words coming out from your tongues. And Allah says the truth and He guides you to the right path. Call them with reference to their (real) fathers. It is more just in the sight of Allah." (Surah 33:V4)

In Surah E Ahzab Verse 59 Allah has clearly said Prophet Muhammad(SAW) had more than one daughters.

It is enough at least for me now.

Areesh,,, why Shia thinks like that, even if evidence is in Quran??????

another viewpoint of Shias, these daughters were from previous marriage of Khadija Raziallah unho and the Prophet Mohammad PBUH in his All hadiths stressed upon Fatima rather than his other daughters and He(PBUH) never talked about his daughters except Fatima in his Hadiths

another viewpoint of Shias, these daughters were from previous marriage of Khadija Raziallah unho and the Prophet Mohammad PBUH in his All hadiths stressed upon Fatima rather than his other daughters and He(PBUH) never talked about his daughters except Fatima in his Hadiths

Well if I have 4 daughters but I have most affection to the youngest one, does it make that other three are not my daughters? :)

Any ways as I said verse of Holy Quran is enough to guide us.

whatever guyz.... Sunni Shia behas naa chir jaye

contact your local imam saab for this reason... or read the books to find your answer

Solomon Dont try to Poke your nose where it is un necessary, In My very First post, i have laid out the parameters of debating, So keep out and dont try to post your secular non sense, Go read Prophet Life on Wikipedia atleast, the claim you maid is utterly rubbish and totally false

One of my books ("The Age of Faith" by Will Durant) recounts that Muhammad had to put up with a lot of ribbing from his fellow Muslims for his inability to father sons, despite having multiple wives.

Well, thats all untrue. Mohammad(PBUH) had two sons but they later Died.All of his fellow Muslims loved him and followed him with great Zeal..!

The Quran refers to Muhammad's daughters as "banatika" ([Qur'an 33:59]), the plural for "daughters". This is the argument against the view of that the sisters of Fatimah were not the biological daughters of the prophet Muhammad as according to the universally accepted islamic creed that the Qur'an will remain unaltered till it is lifted totally. Shia discard this logic based on a similar contradiction found in context of event of Mubahila for which Quranic verse 3:61([Qur'an 3:61]) was revealed, though the verse calls for (in 'Arabic) at least 3 "sons", at least 3 "women", and at 3 least "selves" from each side in the Mubahila, only Imam Hasan ibn 'Ali and Imam Husain ibn 'Ali represented the "sons" of the Prophet, only Fatima al-Zahra represented the "women", and only 'Ali ibn Abi Talib represented as the "self" or "soul" of the Prophet.[2],[3]

The event was the result of a delegation led by Abdul Masihm and 60 Christian followers addressing Muhammadصلى الله عليه وسلم regarding the nature of Jesus. Then, according to Qur'an Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم invited them to imprecation:
"If any one disputes in this matter with thee, now after (full) knowledge Hath come to thee, say: "Come! let us gather together,- our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie! 3:61"

Though the verse calls for (in 'Arabic) at least 3 "sons", at least 3 "women", and at 3 least "selves" from each side in the Mubahila, only Imam Hasan ibn 'Ali and Imam Husain ibn 'Ali represented the "sons" of the Prophet, only Fatima al-Zahra represented the "women", and only 'Ali ibn Abi Talib represented as the "self" or "soul" of the Prophet.

Eid al-Mubahila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom