What's new

Protestors warn of anarchy if blasphemy law changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be the same Liaqat Ali Khan that the Quaid's sister holds contempt for?
The man who went to check how long he had left??.. so he could take over?

There is no doubt.. that MA Jinnah was not a "secular" person..
But the nation was not destined to be a theocracy.. neither was the first Islamic state.. It was run by people of knowledge..and people of understanding..
Not just those who knew only the Quran.
The objectives resolution was infact the distortion of Jinnah's ideals.
Also..
While a lot that Mr Hamid said about the Quaid is true..
quite a bit of it is repeated emotional fiction.. that I have heard before..and that which has been debunked by MA Jinnah's descendants..and even by His sister in her book.

One must first understand Islam before going out to apply it like paint..
especially for us.. those who got Islam as inheritance.. instead of truly earning it.

Asia Bibi must be hanged for desecrating Islam. It's good that Pakistan has such laws which prevent people from making fun of Islam.

It's really sad that people are actually protesting. Blasphemy law was made by Zia ***** who was a wahabi fanatic. He is the reason why we have this taliban problem and afghani refugee problem.

Quaid e Azam, Allama Iqbal,Liaqat Ali Khan,Ayub Khan and other great secular leaders would never ever want this law in Pakistan.

This blasphemy law is only used to target religious minorities and muslims for personal gains. I can throw a paper away with the name Muhammad and I will be framed for blasphemy put on death row like Asia Bibi because she did not want to convert to Islam.

These Jamatis are the same people who opposed the creation of Pakistan.

Knock knock go read Quran and Hadith than comment, but sorry i was told u r a christian so leave it to that.

Last edited:
Jinnah played the religion card and unleashed a ghost, 60 years on and Pakistan is still haunted by it.
Well seems like it'll be hard to get it off with so much radicalisation still in the society..

Jinnah had no choice after the Hindu Congress started persecution of Muslims in 1937. He was called the ambassador of Hindu-Muslim unity, however Hindu hatred and persecution of Muslims forced him to change his views.

Why should she be punished for something the authorities can't prove? Just cuz some mullah with no proof says she insulted a religion does not mean she did. And even if she did then she should be allowed to because we live in a democratic country.

You r right, in a democratic country Law of the people By the people is supreme, thats way democracy has nothing to do with Islamic law.

Where God's law is Supreme.

Last edited:
Secularism does not mean rejecting a religion or being atheist. Secularism is simply separation of religion and state.

Yes secularism means separation of religion and state. But my question to you is does this secularism was practiced by, if iam not mistaking your Prophet (pbuh). Did he separated religion from state. If answer is no than DO HELL WITH SECULARISM.

Quaid e Azam also said that Pakistan will never be a theocratic state. Please read his August 11th speech.

Also if Pakistan was meant to be an Islamic state then why did we not have a state religion until 1973? Before that every religion was given equal status and Quaid e Azam also said that the state will not interfere in the religious matters of it's citizens.

Are you the follower of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) or Quaid-e-Azam(RA), decide first......................

Its like blackmailing GOP by showing the fear of civil war and anarchy.GOP must deal all these religious nut-cases with iron hand.

Its like blackmailing GOP by showing the fear of civil war and anarchy.GOP must deal all these religious nut-cases with iron hand.

Nutcase? They are trying to prevent people like Asia Bibi from making fun of Islam.

She should be hanged, no doubt. She must be made an example of.

Jinnah played the religion card and unleashed a ghost, 60 years on and Pakistan is still haunted by it.
Well seems like it'll be hard to get it off with so much radicalisation still in the society..

Dont worry Pakistan will outlast you..................

Why aren't these people being arrested? They're a threat to national security

Why dont you come back to Pakistan and do something about these people, who have become ur national (US) security threat.

And what secular and democratic factory produced you.......

This secularism is destroying the fabric of Islam in Pakistan. Hang Asia Bibi for the whole world to see that anyone who mistreats Islam will be hanged.

This is the only way to get these so-called 'secular' retards to stop defaming Islam.

For all those Secular people who believe the GREAT FALSE that Qauid e Azam M. Ali Jinnah was (Naoozubillah) a Secular Person....

YouTube - Zaid Hamid - Yaum e Quaid-e-Azam (25th Dec, 2010)

Bhai this is a pointless debate... Even if Quaid e Azam wanted secularism, this is not the Pakistan that he wanted... that we have today... and to be very honest to the secularists here... our rulers who have made a mess out of Pakistan today are not religious, rather secular to the bone... When you are not left with anything, you blame blown to bits 20 years ago Zia Ul Haq for all our problems...

Ego Boy and Ignite Mind... Thanks... we get the picture... now let the discussion continue

The way things are going.. it might as well be..
After all.. the idea of Paleedistan is flourishing..

If I had the choice of taking an action against such.. "anarchists"..

Id nuke em.. Even if it meant taking 5 million innocents with em..id do it.
Call it Chemotherapy if you will.

And it is my fault..
it the fault of my parents.. of my family.. of everybody who came from educated backgrounds.. all those who read more than just the Secondary school history of Pakistan...that these people roam the streets.
We stopped reading the Quran to understand it..
we stopped looking at the world and relating why the prophet said what he said..
Why should we feel anger at the Neo-zionist when he uses the Quran out of context after we ourselves dont even read it in context!!??
Why should we pass scathing remarks about the treatment of the population of Jerusalem by the Crusader..when our own brothers have done exactly the same elsewhere?
Why give a pitiful look to the American society's gratuitous use of sex and violence in everything.. when we dont even understand basic Human rights.... The Shariah.. is first and foremost to protect Human rights and dignity.. ?

It is depressing.. that instead of asking a review of the blasphemy law.. even by court to see if there is a mistake in implementation.
People..nay.. goats.. are defending it with high pitched bleats.

There is no Islam there.. its a degradation of society at work..
Peace.. is the last thing on the minds of these "saviors".
Islam is ridiculed, Muslims prosecuted across the globe.. because we no longer no who and what we are.. and when you cease to be a flock, and when what is left of all the sheep is led by a sheep itself.... the wolves will come..

No my dear... It is nt the end of the world... I want you to keep thinking rationally like you generally and normally do... Putting a nuke on your own people wont solve anything...

Funny you remind me of one of my uncles... He used to get so frustrated with the things that happen in Pakistan that he used the nuke option on a good few occasions in his discussions with me...

Young men like you are obviously frustrated... and you will be tested with a lot of frustration in the coming few years... You stay put and keep talking sensibly... Dont nuke your own people, our president is no better than these anarchists so lets not put the blame on the poor jahil first...

and yes certainly... if Muslims read one book with some thinking and apply it in their lives as well as its implementation on the society, they will solve most of their problems... You mention that book i.e the Quran and yes our parents were at fault for not initiating the discussions in their good times which we are having to do at this crucial and painful moment in our history...

Reactions: SQ8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom