What's new

Public hangings in Iran

How do you give death penalty in turkey? One rule for turks and another for iranians?
Or do you think Iranians are third rate people who deserve to have such barbaric way.

Unfortunately, we don't even have the death penalty because we are trying to be accepted in the EU.

Dude what is your point? Hanging people in pulbic or not is not the case.. There is no diffierence between the ''hanging'' punishment if its inside or outside. This wont control the crime rates. But if we talking about stoning and beheading.. that we must follow the numbers that how many people do the same crime because of that punishment.. Also in sharia countries the crime rate of robbing or stealing is low because of the fact that you know that if you get captured, that you will lose a hand.

Dont manipulate people now with the numbers.

My point was....

Firstly, I tried to prove that capital Punishment doesn't reduce crime....If it did, then countries like Iran wouldn't have to execute so many people every year......

Secondly, your logic about thieves is ridiculous.....
Generally a person steals out of necessity, hunger etc.......therefore cutting that persons hand is inhuman....
unless you kill the person, he will steal again.....loosing one's hand doesn't mean that he won't feel hungry anymore......
Therefore he will again steal out of compulsion for him and/or his family.....
i.e if you don't solve the core issue, the crime won't decrease.......and you will find that even though you regularly chop off people's hands.....people are still stealing at the same rate.....that's why in countries like Iran such a huge no. of people are needed to be hanged every year....that too PUBLICLY....

Thus to effectively reduce crime, you need to address more fundamental social issues........
You may feel good by PUBLICLY hanging a criminal......but in the long run such PUBLIC display of inhumanity will degrade your society....

My point was....

Firstly, I tried to prove that capital Punishment doesn't reduce crime....If it did, then countries like Iran wouldn't have to execute so many people every year......

Secondly, your logic about thieves is ridiculous.....
Generally a person steals out of necessity, hunger etc.......therefore cutting that persons hand is inhuman....
unless you kill the person, he will steal again.....loosing one's hand doesn't mean that he won't feel hungry anymore......
Therefore he will again steal out of compulsion for him and/or his family.....
i.e if you don't solve the core issue, the crime won't decrease.......and you will find that even though you regularly chop off people's hands.....people are still stealing at the same rate.....that's why in countries like Iran such a huge no. of people are needed to be hanged every year....that too PUBLICLY....

Thus to effectively reduce crime, you need to address more fundamental social issues........
You may feel good by PUBLICLY hanging a criminal......but in the long run such PUBLIC display of inhumanity will degrade your society....

You talk like you have information about every single crime that happend in last years in Islamic countries.. Your conclusion is based on nothing because of the fact that the statics of the capital punishment doesnt show for which crime it was. So how can you know if the death penalty for gays, making the crime rate of it bigger or less?

And about stealing because of hunger.. HOW YOU KNOW THIS?? HOW YOU CAN MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT WHILE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW IF IT REALLY HAPPEND OR NOT? WE DONT GONNA TALK NOW WITH POSSIBILITYS.

You talk like you have information about every single crime that happend in last years in Islamic countries.. Your conclusion is based on nothing because of the fact that the statics of the capital punishment doesnt show for which crime it was. So how can you know if the death penalty for gays, making the crime rate of it bigger or less?

And about stealing because of hunger.. HOW YOU KNOW THIS?? HOW YOU CAN MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT WHILE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW IF IT REALLY HAPPEND OR NOT? WE DONT GONNA TALK NOW WITH POSSIBILITYS.

You're making no sense......

I'm not talking about possibilities....I have given facts and if you add a bit of common sense to it, you'll understand what i'm saying....

It is common sense that you cannot change GAY persons nature by executing them.....
Now, since being GAY is a crime acc. to SHARIA and people can't help being GAY......you'll find that, by executing GAYS you are not able to reduce the no. of gays......you have to keep on executing as long as there are Humans on Earth....

Thus, even if you don't have specific DATA about GAY executions, COMMON SENSE will tell you that, the 'crime'(of being GAY) rate won't decrease no-matter how many GAYS you kill...

This is what I was trying to say, if you don't understand the real issue, just executing people won't reduce 'crime' rate....and this overwhelming PUBLIC display of inhumanity adversely affects the society....people looses their self-worth and becomes more aggressive towards others as well as towards themselves....this explains why MUSLIMS are more aggressive in general.....they're always ready to kill others and themselves in the name of religion.....and this is not a possibility, it's a FACT....

You're making no sense......

I'm not talking about possibilities....I have given facts and if you add a bit of common sense to it, you'll understand what i'm saying....

It is common sense that you cannot change GAY persons nature by executing them.....
Now, since being GAY is a crime acc. to SHARIA and people can't help being GAY......you'll find that, by executing GAYS you are not able to reduce the no. of gays......you have to keep on executing as long as there are Humans on Earth....

Thus, even if you don't have specific DATA about GAY executions, COMMON SENSE will tell you that, the 'crime'(of being GAY) rate won't decrease no-matter how many GAYS you kill...

This is what I was trying to say, if you don't understand the real issue, just executing people won't reduce 'crime' rate....and this overwhelming PUBLIC display of inhumanity adversely affects the society....people looses their self-worth and becomes more aggressive towards others as well as towards themselves....this explains why MUSLIMS are more aggressive in general.....they're always ready to kill others and themselves in the name of religion.....and this is not a possibility, it's a FACT....

I dont think it will have any kind of adverse effect on the society rather a person who tries to do a crime will be afraid to do it coz he knows that if he got caught he will have to go through the same punishment.

Just tell me you know that punishment for taking drugs to Saudi Arabia is death by beheading would have the guts to take drug with you to Saudi Arabia. No i dont think so ............. while you can try to take drug with you to other countries where you can expect lesser sentence or whatever.

U pointed out that thieves will steal due to hunger .I disagree with you for the laws to be applicable there are some pre conditions to that like if GOVT is giving food to every one fulfilling their needs to the known extend and even then people steals then it is applicable to cut the hand.

oh and there is no excuse for being gay.There is no place for these kind of people .They should be punished strictly.Gayism will decrease people will control their feelings and act like a human being not as a freaking animal.
I hope that make things clear to you.

My point was....

Speeding tickets does not deter violators of traffic laws. Should we get rid of traffic speed limits?

Speeding tickets does not deter violators of traffic laws. Should we get rid of traffic speed limits?

Yeah! you're absolutely right....but the irony is, countries without Death Penanty are functioning absolutely well...and surprisingly, the overall crime rate in countries having NO Death Penalty is LESS than the countries having Death Penalty....
Below is the stat. of your own states....

DPvNonDPStates.jpg

P.S: I'm not against Death Penalty for murderers BUT for ANY other crime it is not justified....

......At the Indians crying over the life of criminals: please go and cry over the death of baby girls in your country or the lack of basic hygiene in your nation which result in disease and deaths. The few hundred rapists, criminals and killers in our country aren't worth your fake asss tears nor are any of your concern

OP, there is something srsly wrong with you to be obsessed about a country you don't share anything with. You guys are on another planet in terms of geography and culture and yet you spend all day, every day, on this forum posting news about Iran, all negative. As I've told you before, an old man must enjoy his life before he kicks the bucket. Spending your days posting hateful messages about Iranians is the biggest waste of life I can think of lol.

You are too dumb to understand that this is NOT an Iran bashing thread.....
NO-one is bashing Iran for having Death Penalty.......so many countries including India,America etc have Death Penalty....

we are debating about the 'Death Penalty' itself.....NOT about any country....

Since the executions happened to be in IRAN recently, therefore people are discussing about Iran....what's wrong with it.....if the executions had happened in India, we would have been discussing about India.....

People like you are a shame to any discussion forum....you pounce on others without even understanding the topic at hand...

You talk about India......BUT if I show you your true face behind this APPARENT STRICTNESS you won't be able to hide your face.....
You show your APPARENT STRICTNESS by PUBLICLY hanging 'rapists'......BUT I can show you how incidents like rape of daughter-in-law is not reported out of fear of execution of a family member......
How an Islamic Religious Leader orders a household to give their 10yr old daughter to their 'service' in the name of 'the Almighty'.......
ALL THESE happen under the cloak of the so called 'strict' Islamic Sharia law
......I can post the links and really turn this into a Iran bashing thread(I may be banned, but I can do that if you insist)....do you want that???

DON"T SHOW YOUR FAKE MORALITY.....

Yeah! you're absolutely right....but the irony is, countries without Death Penanty are functioning absolutely well...and surprisingly, the overall crime rate in countries having NO Death Penalty is LESS than the countries having Death Penalty....
Below is the stat. of your own states....

P.S: I'm not against Death Penalty for murderers BUT for ANY other crime it is not justified....
There is no 'irony' and the crime rates have no direct correlation to capital punishment. Murder is an extremist crime in civilized countries, meaning it is rare in occurrence, because we honor life to the opposite extreme. On the other hand, driving is an act that is common to all civilized countries and the more common and accepted an act, the greater the propensity for the people to violate any laws relating to that act. We take driving for granted but not life for granted. That is why we issue more speeding tickets than death sentences.

So the deterrence argument against the death penalty is a misguided one. For such an extremist crime, it is more about punishment and vengeance to the extreme than it is about deterrence.

Back
Top Bottom