What's new

Putin and Modi have agreed on licensed production of a Russian attack helicopter in India

Hareeshu IA MBT

Reaction score
Country
India
Breaking: Putin and Modi have agreed on licensed production of a Russian attack helicopter in India, probably Mi-28/Mi-35.

@timesnow: Russia has offered to fully manufacture in India one of its most advanced helicopters, we will follow up on this quickly: PM #PutinInIndia"

Just found it on twitter . Can anyone please conform the source ?

Breaking: Putin and Modi have agreed on licensed production of a Russian attack helicopter in India, probably Mi-28/Mi-35.

@timesnow: Russia has offered to fully manufacture in India one of its most advanced helicopters, we will follow up on this quickly: PM #PutinInIndia"

Just found it on twitter . Can anyone please conform the source ?
if its true than are neighbor first batch might be made in India :D

Wth!!! On one hand we are inducting US best attack helis, on second hand we are inducting our very own LCH and Attack Dhruv helis. Now from where did we generate third hand? Will it not be too much or will it be deployed solely by air force? So many questions. Let me first reach home baby, i m coming.

It will be nightmare for trainers, logistical and arial deployment units to coordinate the ops of all three types together.

It will be nightmare for trainers, logistical and arial deployment units to coordinate the ops of all three types together.

Wth!!! On one hand we are inducting US best attack helis, on second hand we are inducting our very own LCH and Attack Dhruv helis. Now from where did we generate third hand? Will it not be too much or will it be deployed solely by air force? So many questions. Let me first reach home baby, i m coming.

Relax. Wait for a bit. Let the whole story come out first.

"President Putin and I discussed a broad range of new defence projects. We also discussed how to align our defence relations to India's own priorities, including Make in India. I am pleased that Russia has offered to fully manufacture in India one of its most advanced helicopters. It includes the possibility of exports from India. It can be used for both military and civilian use. We will follow up on this quickly."

Unlikely to be an attack helicopter.

Last edited:
While India's options have increased, Russia will remain as our most important defence partner. We conducted joint exercises across all three wings in last six months. We also discussed how to align our defence relations to suit to India's interest like `Make in India`. I am pleased that Russia has offered to fully manufacture in India one of its most advanced helicopters: PM Modi
LIVE: Russia is India's foremost defence partner, says Modi after holding talks with Putin | Zee News
Could not find an agreement in the MEA website though
List of documents signed during the Official Visit of President of Russian Federation to India (December 10-11, 2014)

Simply cant be otherwise you have to let go Apaches .... Mi-35 could be the case if India wish to continue Hind's service but Mi-28 is highly unlikely.
It could be the KA-52 for navy as well.

If Russia wants India to buy Su-35, it should sell couple of squadrons to Pakistan first :D

India is such an India and Russia has discovered that!

Simply cant be otherwise you have to let go Apaches .... Mi-35 could be the case if India wish to continue Hind's service but Mi-28 is highly unlikely.
It could be the KA-52 for navy as well.

The news source said advanced. That rules Mi-35 out

Most likely, its an agreement for the production of LUH
IAF and Army have a combined requirement of 440 LUH, and Kamov is one of the contender for this contract.
Maybe India will use this contract to placate the Russians for their numerous losses in the recent tenders, since both Eurocopter and Kamov had cleared the trials .

Modi is using this deal as a carrot to torpedo the sale of Mi28 Helis to Pakistan

Key words, "Russia", "Offered", you seem to have overlooked both.

Putin and Modi have agreed on licensed production of a Russian attack helicopter in India. Is that not in the title? What Russia has offered is production in India but apparently "both" have agreed to purchase helicopters already.

Kabhi saha bhi karo bhai... accept where India is India!

KA 52 Balck shark is a king. It is more potent as a basic platform than appache.

Back
Top Bottom