What's new

Putin Looks to Pakistan as Cold War Friend India Buys U.S. Arms

I believe that I have been debating since then with different people, unless of course the definition is somehow different now. You can debate if you want, that is minus the cynicism and the idea that the world somehow revolves around your country, in a positive constructive manner.

Oh no, I would have, the contents of the thread forced me to say it, read all around, what exactly are your brethren trying to talk about if not the superiority complex which somehow appears to be dented by the news?

Lets keep the money factor away.

What Pakistan offer more than India for Russia.?

Bro, Russia insecurity driven about future, not present. From 1990, India was in Area of Influence of Russia, but now situation in tremendously changed. And after Vikky fiasco, there is consensus in MoD, that Russia is just want money, not strategic relation with India.

Anybody will do business with anybody. USA sells F-16s to Jordan/Turkey/UAE/Egypt etc.....and they also sell them to Greece/Israel.
Money is one thing, whether small or big, but countries can ask for other concession as well. Some countries will want to have better relations, just in case they need to cash in the future. Russia is free to choose who it partners with or who it meets in person. Indians should realize that.

@he-man, btw oil is my business......... price of crude may fall to USD 70 before Saudia and others cut production by 1 to 1.5 million barrels per day (depending if Russia cooperates - if they don't, get ready for up to slashing of 2 million barrels per day), that will stabilize it back to 85 - 95 range. No matter what, Russia will be smiling once again in two months time! :D

Depends on Russian perception. If they have calculated that stabilized Afghanistan is worth more than, let's say USD20Billion / year, they may go the Pakistan way. It's all a matter of long term strategic interests.

I don't think so. They just want a bigger share of........... wait............. wait.............. Indian arms market........ they don't give two hoots about ours. It's just the way Russians do business, you'll see that in no time the Indians will buckle and will agree to all Russian demands on PAKFA and will settle for ToT only on paper and the money will start flowing again. Russians are just good gangsters, nothing more.
I agree, we should not let our hopes run too high so quickly. We should buy what we need and do business as usual until things become more clear.

Lets keep the money factor away.

Stability in the Russian backyards and the region, strategic location, the movement of goods to that country when the new SILK road finishes, one more partner to do business with, access to mineral rich Baluchistan for extraction and refinement. Even letting India know that it isn't exclusive any longer. There are many factors besides money, what are you looking for?

Depends on Russian perception. If they have calculated that stabilized Afghanistan is worth more than, let's say USD20Billion / year, they may go the Pakistan way. It's all a matter of long term strategic interests.

So the new interest is based on fact that road towards Afghanistan begins with good rapport with Pakistan.

Now the second part:

What is a stabilised Afghanistan? Does that include Taliban? Or karzai or his types?

Anybody will do business with anybody. USA sells F-16s to Jordan/Turkey/UAE/Egypt etc.....and they also sell them to Greece/Israel.
Money is one thing, whether small or big, but countries can ask for other concession as well. Some countries will want to have better relations, just in case they need to cash in the future. Russia is free to choose who it partners with or who it meets in person. Indians should realize that.

Its not just about business, its about strategic interest, area of influence, in which Russians are failing in that area, I still call Vikky fiasco causes total turn around in India-Russia foreign policy.

Before 1990, even before 2000, did you find any Indian that supported Israeli cause, even before 2000 there were very few Indians who actually knows about Israeli problems. But now you find every Indian supporting Israel, and actually they are die hard fan of Israel. Why?

A stabilised Afghanistan will FIRST stop taking aid from all over the world
which is not happening

The mining interests of various countries will bear results depending upon
the Bilateral relations between Afghanistan and the interested country whether
it is China ; India or Russia

Going through Pakistan will not be necessary at all
US military presence will curtail Pakistani influence
and allow for India to expand its activities in Afghanistan

That is why you have Pakistani leaders asking Afghan leaders to
minimise Indian footprint in Afghanistan

@he-man, btw oil is my business......... price of crude may fall to USD 70 before Saudia and others cut production by 1 to 1.5 million barrels per day (depending if Russia cooperates - if they don't, get ready for up to slashing of 2 million barrels per day), that will stabilize it back to 85 - 95 range. No matter what, Russia will be smiling once again in two months time! :D

Yes thats a given.
But russians still are in a mess and i am much more worried about pakfa future in this scenario than mi-35 sale to u guys.:mad:
Their industry is in tatters,just take the example of their space failures in last 2 years.Forget that ,they import the targeting pods for some su-35 variants from french,their satellites are made under contract in italy and they are not even capable of making a modern helicopter carrier in today's scenario.

And with these sanctions no one knows what all industrial machines and components will be denied to them making it difficult for all their future prospects.Hence worry for pakfa.

Well, I know you're one of the very few members with an enhanced grey matter....... so I know, you already get what I'm saying....... on the other hand, if you were a noob, then I'd take some time off and write a lengthy paragraph....

Let me enjoy my hot cup of mocha now! :D

E L A B O R A T E.....

There is never going to be a stable Afghanistan.........period............... try to read between the lines................... stable for some!

A stabilised Afghanistan will FIRST stop taking aid from all over the world
which is not happening

The mining interests of various countries will bear results depending upon
the Bilateral relations between Afghanistan and the interested country whether
it is China ; India or Russia

Going through Pakistan will not be necessary at all
US military presence will curtail Pakistani influence
and allow for India to expand its activities in Afghanistan

That is why you have Pakistani leaders asking Afghan leaders to
minimise and Indian footprint in Afghanistan

Well, I know you're one of the very few members with an enhanced grey matter....... so I know, you already get what I'm saying....... on the other hand, if you were a noob, then I'd take some time off and write a lengthy paragraph....

Let me enjoy my hot cup of mocha now! :D

Who are the parties in a stable government @ Afghanistan..

Make it in a sentence.

Back
Top Bottom