What's new

Qatar: Talks with Pakistan over Mirage 2000-5s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well said. Our woes will end the day we start electing competent leadership.

On topic: Only reasons I can think of for Mirage-2000 are

A. PAF is looking to gradually close her relations with US. Recent fiery speeches may have caused this effect.

B. They are paving the way for further acquisitions e.g. Rafale. India may have been lured away by Boeing and LM. Who knows?!

C. Somebody is pocketing big money here (don't ask!).

Just because something is available is not a good enough reason to get them. In the 1980s and 1990s, the PAF was very interested in the mirage-2000s but corruption scandals killed any hope. Ultimately Pakistan had to stick with the Agosta-90B submarines, which themselves were very involved in huge kickbacks. In fact, the current campaign manager of Donald Trump was involved in the kickbacks and pocketed a lot of money as did other Pakistani politicians and generals. So acquisition of the mirages would have made sense then. Not today.

The mirage2000 dash 5/9 is a superior platform to both the thunders and older block of Falcons in Pakistan airforce.

Only the single Squdron of 18 block 52 are on par to the mirage2000 and potentially mlu Falcons.

So don't turn your noses up at a machine that would be as good as any Indian plane in their airforce.

THIS PURCHASE HAS BEEN DISCUSSED IN THIS FORUM FOR TWO YEARS IN THREE OTHER SIMILAR THREADS...nothing happened.

The Indians enquirer about buying ten mirages off the quatris but where quoted 40 million each. In dollars.
Indians walked away.
the Arabs will want top dollar they are buying the rafale

The mirage2000 dash 5/9 is a superior platform to both the thunders and older block of Falcons in Pakistan airforce.
Our old F-16s are being upgraded to block 52 standard. These Mirage 2000-5/9 are only usable as interceptors and strike fighter. The main reason I see for going for Mirage 2000-5/9 is Ra'ad. If we purchase Su-35 or Su-34 they can carry two Ra'ad missiles and in case of sanctions we have China.
@Quwa @Bilal Khan 777 what do you gentlemen think?

Only the single Squdron of 18 block 52 are on par to the mirage2000 and potentially mlu Falcons.

So don't turn your noses up at a machine that would be as good as any Indian plane in their airforce.

THIS PURCHASE HAS BEEN DISCUSSED IN THIS FORUM FOR TWO YEARS IN THREE OTHER SIMILAR THREADS...nothing happened.

The Indians enquirer about buying ten mirages off the quatris but where quoted 40 million each. In dollars.
Indians walked away.
the Arabs will want top dollar they are buying the rafale
I dont have any problems with you guys discussing it but PAF explored the option of M2K5s in 02 @ 60 million dollars a pop and rejected it. The additional complications now are firstly Indo French dealings over the Rafale and consequently the French reluctance to deal with PAF, Secondly the new infrastructure needed to maintain the fleet and get acclamatised to the plane and the fact is these planes have been mothballed since the early 2000s so reactivating them would be fun and games especially since the assembly line shut down in 2002 and a lot of Air forces have retired these planes on account of high running costs. If PAF did not make sense of things in 2002 how come it makes sense in the heat of July in 2016?
I would take this news with a pinch of salt and then some pepper.
A

Very foolish on part of PAF to still chase m2k5. Its provodes no additional benefit over f-16s (even used ones from jordan that undergo mlu will be as if not mor potent) and PAF HAS NO EXPERIENCE MAINTAINING M2K. Mirage 3/5 ARE NOT M2K so please everyone who is nonsensically saying PAF aircrews are experienced with Mirage please note that just because they look the same doesnt mean they are the same. They have completly different workings and hardware different engines and electronics. The experience doesnt carry over. Now does PAF have pilots that have flown it.... Sure but not enough to justify this buy.

They should continue to acquire F-16, JF-17 and then go for a larger 4.5 gen bird in small (40 units) numbers like Su35 or typhoon.
the typhoon is the more realistic option here as the su-35's tech will be shared on to later variants of the mki.
and heck at £85 million its quiet considering how bad of a sh!t the stirling took you better be quick as the stirling is bouncing back.
the tranche 3b...........i dont know what to say. she will destroy the rafale. well you will have to shell out £100+ million for her.but reality says you wont go for anything, you will buy more 5th gen fighters as a gap filler.

SU 35. technology will never be used in SU 30

if it was a case chine never bought SU 35 since they had SU 30 MKK They could upgraded it to SU 35 It make no sense China buying SU 35. Please do not miss guide
a bit late there kiddo 80 mki's awill have su-35 kit on them the typhoons are they way to go
as for mk2's for pakistan......... i think they may be miscommunication as they may mean iraq instead of pakistan

Your not getting my point at all.
To fly old aircraft we will need to build up the complete maintenance setup, with manpower, equipment, etc etc.
All this for old aircraft is a waste of money and resources.

It's not like cars which can be maintained by any mechanic or driven by any driver.

To replace our aging Mirages, we need a new aircraft, not an old machine.
We can buy only those old fighters, for which we already have the complete infra-structure in place.
Got it Sir.
means we need more F-16

Actually, those are some really brilliant minds otherwise those Mirage-2000 would be bombing Islamabad while US special forces would be opening parachutes over our nuclear sites. A brilliant mind chooses the right time and place for his battles. Some 'not so brilliant' minds chose to fight when Pakistan was sanctioned to its eyeballs (in the words of Collin Powell) and entire world was calling us aggressor. On top of that, those 'not so brilliant' minds decided not to inform or involve PAF in the planning. This was bound to end up this way.

Besides they were bombing their own side. What's so big about it?

Su-35 and maintenance issues? Try buying a Bugatti Veyron and use it as your everyday commute. Share with us, how did it go.
Than if you decide jets defending you nation on maintenance and ifastructure than why A buy F 16 we can get P 50 mustang of WW 2 it take less maintenance than F 16

Don't tell me that shit again infrastructure logistics your prime objective is to defending country

If Egypt can maintain

F 16
Mirage 2000
MIG 35
Rafale
Mirage 3
Mirage v
MIG 21

Than why the hell PAF dont

Don't give justification of Bugatti here yes if Bugatti gives me power punch against aggressor I will buy it to beat my opponent a car which can give a chance to fight

I won't buy corolla car against opponents Lamborghini aventador. And loose miserable

What is a use of all these infrastructure and maintenance which will make me end up loosing miserable defeat

a bit late there kiddo 80 mki's awill have su-35 kit on them the typhoons are they way to go
as for mk2's for pakistan......... i think they may be miscommunication as they may mean iraq instead of pakistan
Brother it's not going to get SU 35 Tech on SU 30

I gave u logic if it was a case even Russia bought SU 30 and upgraded it to SU 35

There is lot of difference in airframes SU 35 engine may be used on SU 30 not radars and sensors

Airframe of SU 35 bigger and more powerful

Russia opted to buy SU 35 Not SU 30 Upgrades to SU 35 TECH

Russia knows better their jets so I challenge SU 35 TECH won't be sed in SU 30 due to airframe difference only engine can be used on Su 30

If it comes to choose between brand new Russian Su-35 and used Mirage 2000, I will pick Mirage. Pakistan knows Mirage jets. Its western technology which is much better than Russian technology. Russian technology is not reliable and in every war between western (European/American) weapons against Russian, western weapons have also proved more superior and reliable.

Brother it's not going to get SU 35 Tech on SU 30

I gave u logic if it was a case even Russia bought SU 30 and upgraded it to SU 35

There is lot of difference in airframes SU 35 engine may be used on SU 30 not radars and sensors

Airframe of SU 35 bigger and more powerful

Russia opted to buy SU 35 Not SU 30 Upgrades to SU 35 TECH

Russia knows better their jets so I challenge SU 35 TECH won't be sed in SU 30 due to airframe difference only engine can be used on Su 30
the frame is differant but the equipment is not and that is what is being transfered and actually they have ordered more su-30's as well

All mess for 9 mirages tell me how these replace our 50 old mirages no logic

the frame is differant but the equipment is not and that is what is being transfered and actually they have ordered more su-30's as well
How you install bigger sensors in small airframe and radars etc and also a cockpit

Than why ordered SU 35 too no logic with SU 30 orders if SU 30 can do SU 35 job than why SU 35

Than if you decide jets defending you nation on maintenance and ifastructure than why A buy F 16 we can get P 50 mustang of WW 2 it take less maintenance than F 16

Don't tell me that shit again infrastructure logistics your prime objective is to defending country

If Egypt can maintain

F 16
Mirage 2000
MIG 35
Rafale
Mirage 3
Mirage v
MIG 21

Than why the hell PAF dont

Don't give justification of Bugatti here yes if Bugatti gives me power punch against aggressor I will buy it to beat my opponent a car which can give a chance to fight

I won't buy corolla car against opponents Lamborghini aventador. And loose miserable

What is a use of all these infrastructure and maintenance which will make me end up loosing miserable defeat
you can, it will just cost higher per unit

If it comes to choose between brand new Russian Su-35 and used Mirage 2000, I will pick Mirage. Pakistan knows Mirage jets. Its western technology which is much better than Russian technology. Russian technology is not reliable and in every war between western (European/American) weapons against Russian, western weapons have also proved more superior and reliable.

Gai Bhan pani ma thank you

So mirage is superior to SU 35 Which USAF on many times officially mentioned a threat very very good buying a weaker airframe over brand new very well

I tell u for you information SU 35 Can beat F 16 BLK 60 at any day time weather etc leave mirage has no chance

Eurofighter Rafale also get run for their money against SU 35 are you living in Mars

Ask any pilots in world other than PAF they opt newer airframe jet than older airframe jet

yourfile.jpg

I wish All of them Parked at Sargodha Airbase...It will be wonderfull...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom