What's new

Quad-Packed helina ATGM launcher for LCH

amardeep mishra

Reaction score
Country
India
Quad-Packed HELINA ATGM for LCH. This photograph has been taken from DRDO's annual report. Plans are definitely in place to have HELINA in quad pack configuration on board LCH. So,all in all,LCH can field 8 HELINA ATGMs along with 4 Mistral A2A missile. This combination makes it super deadly. HELINA features both LOBL and LOAL.
drdo6.png

Some more pics from the annual report-
This picture shows the DRDO designed MPR in scaled down configuration. The good thing about DRDO designed MPR is itz scalability and the fact that it is 4D i.e means it can show
(a)Range
(b)Bearing
(c)Height and
(d)Velocity
drdo4.png

It also features a fully digital beam forming as opposed to beam forming in analog domain. This allows the MPR to furnish multi-beams with ease. Instrumented range for a 6 cell configuration of MPR is 400kms and it can track more than 300 targets at the same time. The max velocity of the target tracked is 3-4Machs.Also note the uttam AESA of LRDE has 736 T/R modules.
Also research work is going on in full swing in the field of GaN based T/R modules.
drdo5.png

@Abingdonboy ,@Spectre ,@Nilgiri,@django

These pics are from Trishul Blog. First time any indian pvt company has come forward with their own AESA radar design-
Data Patterns-developed PAR using AESA Arrays.jpg
Data Patterns-developed STR.jpg

Quad-Packed HELINA ATGM for LCH. This photograph has been taken from DRDO's annual report. Plans are definitely in place to have HELINA in quad pack configuration on board LCH. So,all in all,LCH can field 8 HELINA ATGMs along with 4 Mistral A2A missile. This combination makes it super deadly. HELINA features both LOBL and LOAL.
View attachment 380394

That's a photo of the LAHAT launcher. Can you provide the link to the PDF?

That's good, they've been showing only the two pack.

Dhruvastra%2Bdual-launcher%2Bfor%2BHELINA.JPG

C5LlljaWAAAQhzB.jpg

Latest

proxy

Old model

This picture shows the DRDO designed MPR in scaled down configuration. The good thing about DRDO designed MPR is itz scalability and the fact that it is 4D i.e means it can show
(a)Range
(b)Bearing
(c)Height and
(d)Velocity
View attachment 380402
It also features a fully digital beam forming as opposed to beam forming in analog domain. This allows the MPR to furnish multi-beams with ease. Instrumented range for a 6 cell configuration of MPR is 400kms and it can track more than 300 targets at the same time. The max velocity of the target tracked is 3-4Machs.Also note the uttam AESA of LRDE has 736 T/R modules.
Also research work is going on in full swing in the field of GaN based T/R modules.

Wonder when they will make a naval version of this.

I need the exact link to the pdf you are quoting, it's not there in any of the three tech-focus released in 2017, Jan-Feb, Annual Issue and Mar-Apr.
Hi @saumyasupratik
I guess there's some error in the print of the magazine.This quad packed helina looks way similar to quad packed lahat. I dont think it is quad packed helina. It will be too heavy i guess.

(a)Range
(b)Bearing
(c)Height and
(d)Velocity
View attachment 380402
View attachment 380403
@Abingdonboy ,@Spectre ,@Nilgiri,@django

These pics are from Trishul Blog. First time any indian pvt company has come forward with their own AESA radar design-
View attachment 380409 View attachment 380410

This is quite excellent to see. Macro AESA radars are a field India can really push through quickly and efficiently laying the branches for more RnD intensity later for smaller more optimised "micro" AESA radars where weight/volume optimization is a key factor.

If we can churn out indigenous greenpine like radar systems, there is an excellent strategic advantage to be had over adversary number 1 especially.

A mid level radar network system integrated with SHORAD, AWACS and the C4I that governs these is hopefully an area also being explored behind the scenes to deal with cruise missile threats from the same adversary.

Hi @saumyasupratik
I guess there's some error in the print of the magazine.This quad packed helina looks way similar to quad packed lahat. I dont think it is quad packed helina. It will be too heavy i guess.

It's not, it's a placeholder, if they are trying to make it quad packed, they dont have an image to share yet.

This is quite excellent to see. Macro AESA radars are a field India can really push through quickly and efficiently laying the branches for more RnD intensity later for smaller more optimised "micro" AESA radars where weight/volume optimization is a key factor
You're right actually. In fact after AEWCS, DRDO's goal is miniaturization of AESA radars. They're working to reduce substrate size to nano levels. This seems too ambitious at the moment given India's lack of fabs, but even at present micro level has been achieved inside the country.

A mid level radar network system integrated with SHORAD, AWACS and the C4I that governs these is hopefully an area also being explored behind the scenes to deal with cruise missile threats from the same adversary
Cruise missile threat is better handled by multi static radars and aerostat radars. In fact India is actively working on later--including IITM and various other labs

View attachment 380394
did Helina clear all test parameters and induct in arm force

Hi @saumyasupratik

Well, because it's a photo of the LAHAT quad launcher with HELINA written on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAHAT#/media/File:LAHAT.jpg

Dude, learn to have some patience and I did not say tech focus. I said their annual report-anyways here is the link

http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/pdf1/CTB2015.pdf

Go to the missile section

Wasn't aware that asking for the link to the pdf from where you had just snipped photos was too much of an hassle.

There's another annual report that's completely different from the one you've sent.

https://blog.mygov.in/ebooks/drdo/DRDO_Annual_Report.html#page/1

I went though this one to find your snippings but failed to do so, hence the post asking you for the link which you failed to provide in the beginning. There's a reason people in forums ask for sources and links so as to avoid confusions like these.

Anyway thanks for the link, good day.

Back
Top Bottom