What's new

RAFALE VS F-16 BLOCK52+

Sirjee.. you may look happy just by reading those words as it is against India.. but the reality is otherwise.. Rafale may look expensive.. but it will help in winning war unlike F-16.. I hope you understand what i am speaking... Our Mirages where available on time and all time.. For a customer that is the ultimate thing...

Sir,

Thank you for your effort----that was a joke adressed to DBC only---.

Still Americans can't digest they lost to Europeans..

there are around 600 areas where IAF tested the MMRCA and American stuff lost in this.

Raytheon can offer what it likes, each sale has to be authorized by the US Government. The mood on Capitol hill has changed, Washington is loosing its patience with India. India has not delivered on its promise to open up its market, it has raised new barriers to US business. The US has already rolled back some of the 'clean' nuclear exemptions made to India in 2008, there is more to come including visa fees of 2,000 dollars aimed specifically at Indian workers.

India had expected some amount of backlash. The Americans do want to get into the Indian market in a major way. What we did was a strong decision based on lack of confidence, maybe even self-confidence, on betting to get the US government to pay adequate attention to our sensitivities.

Overall GoI did show some steel and also sent a very sharp message across. You can go to town arrogantly dismissing India. But in a few years time India will be able to get access to even more advanced technologies that US has on offer. Even recently F35 was suggested --- simply because then we will be very very dependent on you.

Certainly US electronics is outstanding and it would be wonderful to get our hands on them. But in the meantime the overall superior package of Rafael or Typhoon will do the job --- to prevent war.

And as far as the lack of opening up of the markets and consequent US anger --- forget it --- GoI is in enough trouble already over domestic issues to worry about US displeasure and its supposedly obscure long term fallout.

The way you post only confirms this --- the US is the premier power. And it will be so for some more time. This kind of condescending attitude is sometimes undesirable --- though may be useful at times. Good luck threatening India.

So India has picked the Grey Poupon. Tres Bien! Godd for you guys I say.

However, if I were you, I would watch my back. US military industrial complex does not take such slights lightly Amigos. Especially when the criticism is disingenuous.

US may contemplate letting loose in your South Asian neighborhood some of the soon to be surplus 200+ vipers relifed with APG-80, RACR, SABR married to AIM 120D, AIM 9X , DRFMs, etc etc

It would be ironic if in a future skirmish over High Himalayas, an Indian Rafale was to find itself on the business end of a AIM 120D+ within its kill zone guided in by an exceptionally long ranged American AESA. Sacre bleu!!!

So India has picked the Grey Poupon. Tres Bien! Godd for you guys I say.

However, if I were you, I would watch my back. US military industrial complex does not take such slights lightly Amigos. Especially when the criticism is disingenuous.

US may contemplate letting loose in your South Asian neighborhood some of the soon to be surplus 200+ vipers relifed with APG-80, RACR, SABR married to AIM 120D, AIM 9X , DRFMs, etc etc

It would be ironic if in a future skirmish over High Himalayas, an Indian Rafale was to find itself on the business end of a AIM 120D+ within its kill zone guided in by an exceptionally long ranged American AESA. Sacre bleu!!!

That is scary.. I am shivering ...

Both AIM 120D and American AESA have not been given to Pakistan and it is unlikely that they will ever be. Pak will get equivalents in future from China. We will have more of them sooner than Pakistan.

Raytheon can offer what it likes, each sale has to be authorized by the US Government. The mood on Capitol hill has changed, Washington is loosing its patience with India. India has not delivered on its promise to open up its market, it has raised new barriers to US business. The US has already rolled back some of the 'clean' nuclear exemptions made to India in 2008, there is more to come including visa fees of 2,000 dollars aimed specifically at Indian workers.

Kutte ki dum kitne saal bhi nali mein rakho tedhi ki tedhi hi rehti hai ... and the american mindset has prevailed ....

You just gave the reasons why India should not deal with USA ..... Just keep them in contact with some petty deals

Hmmm DB it seems you are a bit upset about the MRCA decision...Anyways i can understand why however certain things i would like to clarify...

Raytheon can offer what it likes, each sale has to be authorized by the US Government.

Yes you are absolutely right about it....

The mood on Capitol hill has changed, Washington is loosing its patience with India.

Patience with India??? How about the other side of the coin??? Please keep in mind that we have our own way of working out relations and US needs to learn pretty fast that they have to relax laws if they want to have a significant share fulfilling our defense related needs...Secondly we will choose equipments which we think are best for us and not because US feels that we should buy them....If i look at the deals then we have already clocked about $5 billion worth defense deals with you guys..Your fighters no matter how potent are they did not satisfy our requirements and thus rejected....There is nothing more or less then that...And in case you feel that the most transparent deal in the history of Indian defense is plagued with corruption then i am sorry can't help you...

India has not delivered on its promise to open up its market, it has raised new barriers to US business.
Care to elaborate on some...Are you specifially talking about nuclear deal or soemthing else as well???

The US has already rolled back some of the 'clean' nuclear exemptions made to India in 2008, there is more to come including visa fees of 2,000 dollars aimed specifically at Indian workers.

Good luck implementing that part..however i fail to see this as a retaliation to any of the actions taken by India..Let me know if you find any such leads...b/w if you listen to the economists/industry experts they will tell you that any move that will reduce Indian footprint in US companies is not going to be beneficial...

Both AIM 120D and American AESA have not been given to Pakistan and it is unlikely that they will ever be. Pak will get equivalents in future from China. We will have more of them sooner than Pakistan.

We bought 500 AIM 120s frm USA, while all our F-16s will have V(9) version of the AN/APG-68 radars................ Also SD-10B is already in service while we r cooperation with the brazilians and the South africans on A darter n Mar series missiles..... letter on intent has already been signed......... And abt AESA ... We will get it frm China.

We bought 500 AIM 120s frm USA, while all our F-16s will have V(9) version of the AN/APG-68 radars................ Also SD-10B is already in service while we r cooperation with the brazilians and the South africans on A darter n Mar series missiles..... letter on intent has already been signed......... And abt AESA ... We will get it frm China.

Sorry if i do not know --- but i thought that you have AIM 120C and not AIM 120D. I read that AIM 120D has not been cleared for exports.

And i mentioned American AESA and have also clarified that you will get AESA from China.

paf should not lose the opportunity to get spare f16s from the u.s whenever they are released

having 100+ f16s coupled with 200+jft and 100 +/- j10b will become a very potent deterent atleast for this decaded

If you go back to page 14/15 and read the posts you'll understand why this won't happen.

I would be the first one to congratulate you on this if U.S. Sold Aim series AAR missiles to China........................and about Pakistan I did mention why this couldn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom