What's new

Ramadan – The month of heroes and victory

R-AH

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
No doubt Ramadan is very special to Muslims. In this month marked for forgiveness and mercy, it is important to tie our past to our present, and learn from the Prophet (SAW) and his followers regarding what Ramadan meant to them. We want to shine some light on critical events that changed the course of the Muslim Ummah and humanity at large.

The First Revelation
“Ramadan is the month in which was sent down the Quran as a guide to mankind also clear signs for guidance and judgement.” [2:185]

Battle of Badr – 2 A.H.
Friday 17th of Ramadan, Allah (SWT) gave the Muslims a decisive victory at Badr; that never to be forgotten despite being outnumbered.

Purification of Mecca – 8 A.H.
The Treaty of Hudaibiyya had been broken. It resulted with the Prophet (saw) conquering Mecca without a battle; 20th of Ramadan.

Liberation of Spain – 92 A.H.
Spain was under the tyrannical rule of King Roderic of the Visigoths. Tariq ibn Ziyad defeated the Visigoth army and began the Golden Age of Al-Andalus where Muslims ruled for over 700 years.

Fall of the Mongols – 658 A.H.
The Mongols were sweeping across Asia destroying everything in their path. Allah (SWT) raised from the Mamluks of Egypt, Saifuddin Qutuz, who united the Muslim army and defeated Mongols at Ain Jalut.

Salahuddin Ayyubi – 682 A.H.
Salahuddin Ayyubi fought one of the most important battles in Islamic history. In a single day, the Muslims virtually routed out all the Crusaders and liberated Palestine.

Unfortunately today Ramadhan has been limited only to individualistic actions, whilst the Muslims of the past understood Ramadhan in a different way.
20190505_181413.jpeg

No doubt Ramadan is very special to Muslims. In this month marked for forgiveness and mercy, it is important to tie our past to our present, and learn from the Prophet (SAW) and his followers regarding what Ramadan meant to them. We want to shine some light on critical events that changed the course of the Muslim Ummah and humanity at large.

The First Revelation
“Ramadan is the month in which was sent down the Quran as a guide to mankind also clear signs for guidance and judgement.” [2:185]

Battle of Badr – 2 A.H.
Friday 17th of Ramadan, Allah (SWT) gave the Muslims a decisive victory at Badr; that never to be forgotten despite being outnumbered.

Purification of Mecca – 8 A.H.
The Treaty of Hudaibiyya had been broken. It resulted with the Prophet (saw) conquering Mecca without a battle; 20th of Ramadan.

Liberation of Spain – 92 A.H.
Spain was under the tyrannical rule of King Roderic of the Visigoths. Tariq ibn Ziyad defeated the Visigoth army and began the Golden Age of Al-Andalus where Muslims ruled for over 700 years.

The Mongols were sweeping across Asia destroying everything in their path. Allah (SWT) raised from the Mamluks of Egypt, Saifuddin Qutuz, who united the Muslim army and defeated Mongols at Ain Jalut.

Salahuddin Ayyubi – 682 A.H.
Salahuddin Ayyubi fought one of the most important battles in Islamic history. In a single day, the Muslims virtually routed out all the Crusaders and liberated Palestine.

Unfortunately today Ramadhan has been limited only to individualistic actions, whilst the Muslims of the past understood Ramadhan in a different way. View attachment 558539
FYI Salahuddin (rrh) came before Qutuz (rrh).

N

View attachment 558539

Hi,

The muslims had nothing to do with the fall of mongols---.

Both the christians and the muslims were fortunate that The Great Khan died---and as tradition all generals went to Karakorum to select or pay obedience to the new Khan---.

At Ain Jalut---there was a 2nd rate mongol general left in charge with a small army---.

Hi,

The muslims had nothing to do with the fall of mongols---.

Both the christians and the muslims were fortunate that The Great Khan died---and as tradition all generals went to Karakorum to select or pay obedience to the new Khan---.

At Ain Jalut---there was a 2nd rate mongol general left in charge with a small army---.
Absolutely correct. Krakow was under seige for 2 years or so, when the great khan died, overnight they pulled back to return and choose the next successor.

There was an excellent 6 part documentary by BBC on the history of the mongols.

obviously
we have a big list of them

I didnt know that, let me search
Yes, he was chastised by the Rome when he went with the crusaders and when Richard was surrounded and wounded; he then went over to speak and then on a few occassions spend weeks into months with Saludin. In fact there are many part of the catholic prayers which Francis wrote that are now influenced by the verses from the koran.

I think there is a history documentary on Francis of Assisi you may want to refer to. If I find the link i will share.

https://www.pbs.org/sultan-and-saint/meet-characters/saint-francis/

Absolutely correct. Krakow was under seige for 2 years or so, when the great khan died, overnight they pulled back to return and choose the next successor.

There was an excellent 6 part documentary by BBC on the history of the mongols.

Yes, he was chastised by the Rome when he went with the crusaders and when Richard was surrounded and wounded; he then went over to speak and then on a few occassions spend weeks into months with Saludin. In fact there are many part of the catholic prayers which Francis wrote that are now influenced by the verses from the koran.

I think there is a history documentary on Francis of Assisi you may want to refer to. If I find the link i will share.

https://www.pbs.org/sultan-and-saint/meet-characters/saint-francis/
this is truly fascinating
thank you

15 Ramzan, The birth of Ameer ul Momeneen Imam Hassan Bin Ali R.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom