What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoP has not even accepted the US claim-- GoP said the matter will be decided by the courts--
Whether immunity is diplomatic or consular is not a matter decided by a country's courts. It is an administrative arrangement between two nations.

excellent it's about time pakistan grew some balls davis should be left to rot in a pakistani prison and america should be told to go shove their aid up their .

I have all along said - as per yr source - ADMINISTRATIVE & TECHNICAL STAFF can not be prosecuted!!

Do you have problem with that?

Yes i have a problem with that-- ADMINISTRATIVE & TECHNICAL STAFF can be prosecuted as per my sources--

By they way thanks to this incident I can see two extremes of Pakistani society making a consensus on this issue. Both the Mullahs and the Liberals seem to be on the same page on this issue.

We can at least thanks USA for this integration in the Pakistani society.

I have all along said - as per yr source - ADMINISTRATIVE & TECHNICAL STAFF can not be prosecuted!!

Do you have problem with that?

u don,t know the complete truth, his identity is still under doubt. other thing it,s highest form of crime, killing 3 peoples. come on be a bit realistic. just imagin same incident with Hussain haqani, what would have been the reaction by american legisilatives.

Whether immunity is diplomatic or consular is not a matter decided by a country's courts. It is an administrative arrangement between two nations.

and if matter of immunity is complicated-- courts decide that--
and If the immunity is consular-- then again he can be prosecuted--

As Government officials have rightly said to the visiting US delegation-- The courts will have the final say in this--

By they way thanks to this incident I can see two extremes of Pakistani society making a consensus on this issue. Both the Mullahs and the Liberals seem to be on the same page on this issue.

We can at least thanks USA for this integration in the Pakistani society.

well you are very much true. this incident has shaken our whole society and behavior shown by american government has infuriated many among us. it shows how much cheap our blood is in their eyes.

But no politician wants his hand seen behind Davis' release and hence this mess. Only courts can release him now. Then pakistani politicians can show people that a genie took away Davis back to US.

AFAIK Davis seems to have immunity under international law. Ardeshir Cowasjee also agrees with such assessment. Immunity to diplomats is complete. If diplomats mess up, the host can by law only deport him and warn the sending country. And the situation would be like sending country is supposed to apologize and ensure nothing gets repeated. But here this situation can happen only in Pakistan. I mean now Pak is feeling the pressure from US :lol:
http://www.dawn.com/2011/02/06/a-diplomatic-tangle.html

But no politician wants his hand seen behind Davis' release and hence this mess. Only courts can release him now. Then pakistani politicians can show people that a genie took away Davis back to US.

AFAIK Davis seems to have immunity under international law. Ardeshir Cowasjee also agrees with such assessment. Immunity to diplomats is complete. If diplomats mess up, the host can by law only deport him and warn the sending country. And the situation would be like sending country is supposed to apologize and ensure nothing gets repeated. But here this situation can happen only in Pakistan. I mean now Pak is feeling the pressure from US :lol:

i don,t think so our nation will let him run so easily.........

A diplomatic tangle | | DAWN.COM

Quick question before i can comment further--
Tell me how a technical and administrative staff member can have full diplomatic immunity? back it up--

3 people are dead; an un-authorized foreigner was carrying and operating firearms in the host country

if Pakistan is in dereliction of international laws, so be it. Davis should NOT leave the country without the courts --the concerned (Pakistani) courts reaching a verdict on what to do with this twit.

and in the meantime, Pakistanis should look in the mirror and stop treating this murder as any different than other shootings; like when brothers kill other brothers in Karachi, Sialkot or elsewhere.

introspect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom