What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a real sense the country that sent the diplomat bears the blame, not the diplomat himself - and the diplomat can't be used as a punching bag, not unless the sending country waives immunity.

I disagree. You can't blame a country for an individual's actions. If a diplomat killed two people, that person needs to stand trial, not the country. The only thing the country can do is to waive immunity in good faith, so that justice can be served.

If the US lacks faith in the Pakistani judicial process, they can attach a stipulation to the immunity waiver requiring FBI (or whomever) working alongside Pakistani authorities in the case.

Once Zardari meets with Nawaz Sharif, a few more pieces will move into position for the endgame for RD.

The inevitability of that solution should be accepted.

news04.gif

I think the US needs to remember that when we cut off their nato supplies for a week their soldiers had run out of toilet paper.

US pretending to be Pakistan's has just been busted. This could be very futile or trust between Pakistan and US.

Notwithstanding the judicial proceedings the issue has entered the power play phase. Lets see who folds first.

All depends on how long Pakistan withstand on American pressure before they release the killer .Its the fate of small country that they can not take pressure of big countries over any misdeed they do.

indian trolling is increased after update forum or i am wrong? mods in ko lagam kiyoon nhi dal rahy?:frown:

Nowadays number of mods have been increased but they only delete their posts and don't ban or suspend them even though how outrageous the troll is. As a result too much kachra and gund has now been collected on this forum.

More hyperbole. ISI is not some halwa, that you can shoot two of it's agents and just waltz on your merry way.

Well may be. But I personally feel ISI is too glorified for no reason. Their performance has deteriorated a lot and I don't think any hostile agencies faces much difficulty in any of their anti-Pakistan activities. The psychotic paranoia of Bharatis is one thing but the fact is ISI is very much a halwa.

Well, U.S. "super power" must be on the decline since its "diplomat" has been under arrest in "weaker" Pakistan for 15 days and counting.

Also, since Raymond Davis was remanded into the custody of the Pakistani police by a Pakistani magistrate on 28 January 2011, the "legal fight" is already underway. How it ends, is a different matter.

I think what Pakistan is trying to do is to keep Raymond in jail for as long as possible.
Let us not resort to unproven assumptions here. Both Pakistan and USA had been through difficult times since 9/11 and both can learn a lesson or two from bad policies.

Point is that Davis has killed two people in Pakistan in open (road) where lot of people watched him. The matter is highly sensitive and serious. American pressure is building and Pakistan can resist up to a limit. Being a weaker nation among the two does have drawbacks.

Well may be. But I personally feel ISI is too glorified for no reason. Their performance has deteriorated a lot and I don't think any hostile agencies faces much difficulty in any of their anti-Pakistan activities. The psychotic paranoia of Bharatis is one thing but the fact is ISI is very much a halwa.
You have a point.

ISI is indeed a powerful group within Pakistan but it is hyped up a lot by enemies.

same way pakistan cannot survive without american aid and IMF money, think about it,

that is a misunderstanding with many people in Pakistan, especially the ruling elite of Pakistan.
- - Pakistan has everything needed for survival. Our agricultural production is more than our need. . We have Gold mines, Coal mines, Natural gas, Copper reserves etc. .

We just don't have the determination to live without aid. .

that is a misunderstanding with many people in Pakistan, especially the ruling elite of Pakistan.
- - Pakistan has everything needed for survival. Our agricultural production is more than our need. . We have Gold mines, Coal mines, Natural gas, Copper reserves etc. .

We just don't have the determination to live without aid. .
We have not developed adequate capabilities to fully tap our resources. Lack of will is also an issue.

Hence, our dependence upon foreign aid.

the whole case seems to have made more media sensation in Pakistan than in US. In fact, hardly and news here are talking much about it; New York Slimes had a brief little back-page article about the incident.

his family or his fellow ''consultants'' are more than welcome to speak out on the record. Seems they prefer (or have been briefed) to remain dumb and mute! :)

Which is also suspicious... From their perspective, we've jailed an honest American hardworking IT guy, who went to Pakistan to serve US National interests and was attacked upon and in the course of defending himself killed his attackers...

This is the recipe of an American Hero and he is jailed for his heroism...

Why is this incident being shielded from the American masses? Who do they not want coming forward and saying "That guy? I played ball with him in high school! His name is..."

Egypt has come and gone... Its not an excuse any more.

Hi,

It is shielded for simple reasons----once the american public finds out what pak wants to do with that guy and the momentum catches up just like the new york mosque---they would want pakistani blood----.

Pakistanis can only brag about what they will do to him---the americans will do it real time to pakistan---pakistan and pakistanis are just digging a deeper grave for themselves---.

Out of habbit, pakistanis are playing with fire that they will have no control over once it starts to spread deep and wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom