What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Diyat Paid by Saudi Arabia? US Denies Payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under pakistani law it is possible as long as victims are willing to accept the blood money & pardon the criminal. But what's interesting to note here is that he wasn't charged with the crimes like espionage, for which there is no pardon!! so.. it's a face saving exercise by both parties!!
Considering it as Pakistani law would be wrong. It is Islamic law.

Their are 3 options for victim:

• Blood for blood (1st option)
  • Blood money (2nd option)
  • Pardon (3rd option)
If the 'aggreived party' is not strong enough to avail 1st option, it has other two options.

Raymond was a strong man. Punishment was out of question in his case. 1st option was ruled out from day one.

So option 2 makes most sense. At least, the aggreived party got something in return. Surely, a less dignified option but what could those poor individuals do?

This is not abuse of religion, its abuse of our religiousity. I am a Muslim too, but I don't feel the need to be told how to be a Muslim by my government, I know my faraiz and my haqooq and it has nothing to do with the state.

When the state comes in shoving its versions of religion upon me, then it stops to be religion, because I am answerable to Allah, not Zardari or any Mullah. Thats why all successful nations of the world keep their nation's importance so high that the entire world is sacrificial for the good of the nation. We reduce it down to THIS.

The results speak for themselves. You aukaad has been shown to you.

Qasaas is Islamic law and Islam has laws to be impelmented by the state.. Its an Islamic state and state of Muslims so Islamic laws are meant to be there.....
We all are answerable to Allah also on this matter that why we didn't implemented his laws... Islam is not all about rituals that you people want to make it.. it's a code of conduct for all.. Islamic sharia is for a state not for individuals...

Sir there is also NO law in the world where a god can appear in court as witness but its a law in India according to Indian Constitution

similarly we are not talking about world but Pakistan and its a law according to Pakistani Constitution

jana ko mirchi lag gayi hai ..that is why she is bringing India to justify selling of Pakistani honor.

Sir Indian members are free to defend their own case i have no issue with that but talking about dignity and other emotional rants are uncalled for.

i wonder why Indians are getting so offended over this development in Pakistan

I am totally in agreement with you on this post. I cannot understand why my fellow countryfolk are so shocked by this development of the freeing of Davis with blood or other money. I mean in a country where sovereignity no longer exists with drones from a foreign nation willy nilly attacking its citizens , why the hype over the release of a CIA operative. We all knew that you would capitulate eventually. It was just a matter of working out the financial package. So Indian countryfolk, please stop adding gharam masala to these peoples' dilemma :D

lemme correct u here.. Blood money is allowed if agreed by both parties & this law is being followed in almost all Islamic countries....

If that was the case ,why so much drama??
just ask US to give some so called "blood money".i bet they will happily give money.

It is a very neat manner how the whole issue has been solved.

Since the provisions of the Sharia has been used, nobody can complain or criticise that Pakistan has buckled under US pressure.

Diya is a valid provision in the Sharia law how murders are solved.

This is a purely negotiated transaction that has taken place, under the aegis of religious laws (Doctrine of Qisas and Diyya). All notions of national pride etc are not relevant in the context.

and one more thing please stop your dictation overseas pakistanis... if you want a change come bring it and be a part of it... It's really easy to point fingers on others... but come here feel all the difficulties and then say anything at least then your opinion would be genuine without any influence from foreigners...

Qasaas is Islamic law and Islam has laws to be impelmented by the state.. Its an Islamic state and state of Muslims so Islamic laws are meant to be there.....
We all are answerable to Allah also on this matter that why we didn't implemented his laws... Islam is not all about rituals that you people want to make it.. it's a code of conduct for all.. Islamic sharia is for a state not for individuals...

So then why do you have a problem with the release of Raymond Davis?

After all he has used an Islamic law to save his life.

You should also respect the person who uses this law and being an 'Islamic' country, he has used his full rights.

jana ko mirchi lag gayi hai ..that is why she is bringing India to justify selling of Pakistani honor.

lolzzz hypocrisy on Indians' part at high level when Afia case was on and Pakistanis were speaking against it and talking about honour then you Indians were saying otherway round and now you are talking about honour

lolzz mirchi tau bhartion ko lagi ha because Indians were waiting for more tension between US and Pakistan over Davis issue.

But now as its been solved with mutual understanding. how it was done who are involved that is another issue.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

lolzzz hypocrisy on Indians' part at high level when Afia case was on and Pakistanis were speaking against it and talking about honour then you Indians were saying otherway round and now you are talking about honour

lolzz mirchi tau bhartion ko lagi ha because Indians were waiting for more tension between US and Pakistan over Davis issue.

But now as its been solved with mutual understanding. how it was done who are involved that is another issue.

Today the Americans will be thanking Zia and his Islamisation policy. There was no diyat before that.

And there he flew away.

So much for "The Islamic Republic"

lolz yes i am telling you because your bharati is poking his nose in our internal matter and talking of dignity when you Indians yourself have failed to show it in Bhopal tragedy case.

please spare us of your poking into our affairs .

and as far as my nation is concerned there is NOTHING wrong it. its good for the greater interests of the country. Period

trolls.jpg

CIA contractor acquitted by Pakistani court

ISLAMABAD, March 16 (Xinhua) -- A Pakistani court Wednesday acquitted CIA contractor, Raymond Davis, facing double murder charges, after families of the slain men accepted compensation, a law minister and lawyers said.

Earlier a court formally indicted Raymond Davis for killing two Pakistanis in Lahore on Jan. 27.

Punjab Law Minister, Rana Sanaullah, confirmed that 18 relatives of the slain men struck a compensation deal with Raymond Davis in the court on Wednesday and the judge acquitted the accused. He said that Davis was released and he can go anywhere.

The U.S. had been trying for reconciliation with the families of the two men with the help of Pakistani government after the matter was referred to the court.

The U.S. had claimed that Raymond Davis had diplomatic immunity and must be released on the basis of diplomatic immunity.

Former Foreign Minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, said the nation should be informed about the "sudden deal." He said the court verdict supported his stand that Davis did not enjoy blanked immunity.

Reports said that the U.S. government has paid 20 million rupees (about 235,300 U.S. dollars) as compensation to the families of the slain men.

Lawyers said that Raymond Davis had contacted the families of the two men and offered compensation on the basis of Islamic law called "Diyat."

Geo TV reported that an American air force plane has taken 15 men from Pakistan Wednesday evening. The report said Raymond Davis may have also been on the same plane.

I am totally in agreement with you on this post. I cannot understand why my fellow countryfolk are so shocked by this development of the freeing of Davis with blood or other money. I mean in a country where sovereignity no longer exists with drones from a foreign nation willy nilly attacking its citizens , why the hype over the release of a CIA operative. We all knew that you would capitulate eventually. It was just a matter of working out the financial package. So Indian countryfolk, please stop adding gharam masala to these peoples' dilemma :D

asim aquil, we all know you love these dravdian indians, but could you actually do something about all your indian brothers trying to do point scoring on pakistan's troubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom