What's new

Real reason why Modi govt has carried out surgical strike on your pockets

Do you think 2000 withdrawal per day is a good step? Can you full fill your daily needs with that amount. I don't think so. Folks in BJP are aware about it. There are incidents to support this version. I felt sad with people who committed suicides or dying to exchange or due to lack of id card.. this is note ban become fatal to the people who fixed their marriage in this week- month. A lady committed suicide as she can't convert old bills.

I thought you could withdraw 10000 from the bank? But I have already said that right now it is a major inconvenience for the poor class. The privileged class with cards, especially the ones blinded by Modi bhakti are refusing to acknowledge their problems. This should have been implemented in a much better way with proper planning for contingencies.

The system should have been a bit more full proof I agree. For example, many have exchanged Rs.4000 multiple times from different banks because there had been no instant verification. People will suffer for a while, that is understandable but isn't it a good thing that people who never paid taxes are forced to burn their notes and Mamata Banerjee has nothing else to do other than rolling on streets, provoking people without any result?
I am sure data of those who exchanged bill multiple times, gold sellers whose sale was unusually higher than normal, and similar cases will be examined.

Whatever you are not ready to face consequence. Fake money will be demolished but those millionaire and billionaire who hide their money in foreign banks are safe. Of course small fish will die..
So what to do? Not take any action at all?

For all those who are cribbing can they throw some light on what the government could have done differently or nothing should have been done and the government should let the black marketers bleed the country?

On the face of it, this appears to be a good step, assuming the govt has done proper cost-benefit analysis before taking such a drastic measure. If the positives from this outweigh cost of production of new notes (plus the cost of old ones wasted), decrease in domestic consumption for a period, public inconvenience, especially of the poor class, then it is a good step. Even then this should have been implemented in a more efficient manner. It appears to me that the govt did not fully understand the magnitude of this and acted in haste. Right now it is a chaos, let's see how long it takes before things settle down. If things don't get better for the poor soon, Modi ji's surgical strike on opposition may actually backfire.
it cannot be more efficient than what it is... this is India.. if you are looking for perfect planning and execution, it will never come.
The fact that they managed to hide it from hungry media is a big achievement, any more 'planning' would have alerted too many people. I agree that poor are suffering much more than middle class, and only middle class is clapping. Govt has been planning this for nearly 6 months apparently(ran a scheme to allow people to declare black money for some time, that ended in September) and definitely did not act in haste.
Some say the gain is too little compare to the cost, which could be true, but I am still happy that a lot of corrupt people will take hit. I hope govt brings new legislation to clean property market which runs on black money.

There will be some inconvenience but I am sure people don't have any trouble in cooperating with the government.

Why this same BJP government ITSELF did not co-operate with the previous government on the same issue?

temshame.png

There will be some inconvenience but I am sure people don't have any trouble in cooperating with the government.
"SOME INCONVENIENCE"?? Does it look like some inconvenience? multiple deaths does not translate into "some inconvenience". There is no harm in accepting what is wrong, so please don't belittle the common man's sufferings

I am sure data of those who exchanged bill multiple times, gold sellers whose sale was unusually higher than normal, and similar cases will be examined.

So what to do? Not take any action at all?

What about the people who doesn't have ID's or homes. Probably they should study more about the consequence and side effects.

it cannot be more efficient than what it is... this is India.. if you are looking for perfect planning and execution, it will never come.

I don't agree with that. It is our usual "chalta hai" attitude talking. There are reports that ATMs are running out of cash and people are returning home empty handed after standing in line for hours. That should not have been a problem. There should not have been cash shortage in ATMs. When you take out 85% of the cash in circulation, you should be ready to face the storm. Let's hope that things get better soon.

Thank you for your answer.

And yes, you do come across by what you post as a commie leftist. Are you one? Coz I really cannot believe I'm the only guy who sees it clearly here.

No I'm not. I opposed the Communists from 1968 onwards. Face to face. While you were dirtying your diapers. And even now, while you restrict your activities to sneaking back into PDF again and again.

People are OK we Indians can sleep on platforms when trains are running late ...such troubles are OK ..but its really pleasant to see ...Netas inconvenience :D .... Mayawati , Mulayam Surprisingly Kejriwal is also crying :D :D

I thmonmt you could withdraw 10000 from the bank? But I have already said that right now it is a major inconvenience for the poor class. The privileged class with cards, especially the ones blinded by Modi bhakti are refusing to acknowledge their problems. This should have been implemented in a much better way with proper planning for contingencies.

Only if you stand for hours to withdraw your own money. ATMs are running out of cash very quickly. There is gujrati news paper, which published news about notes ban months ago.

Why this same BJP government ITSELF did not co-operate with the previous government on the same issue?

View attachment 351448
I answered this in my earlier post kindly read that.

"SOME INCONVENIENCE"?? Does it look like some inconvenience? multiple deaths does not translate into "some inconvenience". There is no harm in accepting what is wrong, so please don't belittle the common man's sufferings
I am not belittling anyone's suffering, it's the opposition which is trying to cash in on people's misery. Instead of whining/rumor mongering had opposition tried to cooperate with the government people might have suffered a lot less.

What about the people who doesn't have ID's or homes. Probably they should study more about the consequence and side effects.
No one is so dumb that he don't have ID proof at all. Voter card? Adhaar card? Pan card? Nothing?

I don't agree with that. It is our usual "chalta hai" attitude talking. There are reports that ATMs are running out of cash and people are returning home empty handed after standing in line for hours. That should not have been a problem. There should not have been cash shortage in ATMs. When you take out 85% of the cash in circulation, you should be ready to face the storm. Let's hope that things get better soon.
Its not chalta hai attitude, its being realistic about what can be done.. just to compare, ATMs have run out of cash before too when rumour spread that ICICI bank is going down.... people queued and tried to take out as much cash as possible.. and our ATM to population ratio is not great... should govt expanded ATM network for this? should they have tested all the ATMs to see whether they can be re-calibrated as per govt rules? I doubt a populous and complex country like India can ever do such a thing without some pain.
We should also give kudos to bank employees, they deserve a bonus for this.

Back
Top Bottom