What's new

Reason why remittance not coming in pakistan as before.

the economic downturn across the globe and the time of the year has had its impact. this is not due to the world reacting to PTI not being in the federal government. I never had that delusion of grandeur for the party I voted for thinking it was going to turn the things for us. I dont know why my former friends still live in this fairyland where everything orbits around our captain.

Who said the world revolves around IK or PTI? Yes, there is a global downturn due to upcoming recession but you can't spin that around and say that there was no impact on remittances to Pakistan after PTI govt's ouster.

Again, look at the stats and see the difference yourself. You Sir are intelligent enough to already know this so If you deliberately want pretend that you don't then no one can help. So I rest my argument, there was zero impact of PTI govt's ouster on Pakistan's economy, foreign reserves, remittance etc. whatsoever. :lol:

Last edited:
Who said the world revolves around IK or PTI? Yes, there is a global downturn due to upcoming recession but you can't spin that around and say that there was no impact on remittances to Pakistan after PTI govt's ouster.

Again, look at the states and see the difference yourself. You Sir are intelligent enough to already know this so If you deliberately want pretend that you don't then no one can help. So I rest my argument, there was zero impact of PTI govt's ouster on Pakistan's economy, foreign reserves, remittance etc. whatsoever. :lol:
Leave him. He wants to put his head in the sand. Such people are the reason for where we are today. Mr. Know it alls, they are always “right”.

Meanwhile remittances and exports are increasing in india and Bangladesh. Global down turn…😂

Leave him. He wants to put his head in the sand. Such people are the reason for where we are today. Mr. Know it alls, they are always “right”.

Meanwhile remittances and exports are increasing in india and Bangladesh. Global down turn…😂

I was going to say, it will be very easy to see how remittances in other countries are working like India, Mexico and the like and compare it against Pakistan to see if the trend holds or not.

We were in an early stage of discussions with an investment group considering a $200MM investment (over 4 years) into Pakistan. What's more important was the technical capabilities for the nation it would have helped build. That discussion literally died over night. Additionally Pakistani tech companies are in a major bind. They are likely and many are already moving people and capital to other regional countries. It is sad to see what the military establishment (a small part of it) has done to the nation. Literally unravelled it overnight.

This is what they took from us @PakFactor

During the start of winter recess here I got the oppurtinity to talk to and hang out with some of my classmates and friends. Some of these Pakistani kids are rich, and when I mean rich...I mean rich as in mummy daddy buying them a G wagon when they are 16/17/18 rich. These kids also said that their parents and family members are taking money out of Pakistan by the MILLIONS ($).

Some of them had stakes in IT companies and startups and their parents had vision as it was a "post-WoT" Pakistan.

We were rivalling India in IT stuff lmaooo

Too bad the talent in the youth will get wasted.

the economic downturn across the globe and the time of the year has had its impact. this is not due to the world reacting to PTI not being in the federal government. I never had that delusion of grandeur for the party I voted for thinking it was going to turn the things for us. I dont know why my former friends still live in this fairyland where everything orbits around our captain.

Why are Nepal's remittances booming?

Why are Latin American countries' remittances booming?

Our generals/judges/politicians all want to live abroad and invest abroad when they retire. All of their money is stored in some banks in Switzerland or Dubai or any other safe haven but they want overseas Pakistani (who themselves have taken the right to vote)to invest in Pakistan. Why? Why would they invest when you yourselves are investing abroad?
I have very little money saved and i have invested that amount in Australia via some relatives. By doing so i am not just trying to get a good return but also a safe investment. The way things are going, how many of us are willing to stick our neck for this crap, and every willing and able person is trying to get out of Pakistan in any way possible. Thats the new reality and there is no denying it further/

Our generals/judges/politicians all want to live abroad and invest abroad when they retire. All of their money is stored in some banks in Switzerland or Dubai or any other safe haven but they want overseas Pakistani (who themselves have taken the right to vote)to invest in Pakistan. Why? Why would they invest when you yourselves are investing abroad?
I have very little money saved and i have invested that amount in Australia via some relatives. By doing so i am not just trying to get a good return but also a safe investment. The way things are going, how many of us are willing to stick our neck for this crap, and every willing and able person is trying to get out of Pakistan in any way possible. Thats the new reality and there is no denying it further/

NO... not at all,

The reason the government isn't seeing dollars is because of the disparity between the bank rate
and what is available in open market.

As of today, the banking rate is in 220s and the market rate for buying dollars is 255+.

everyone makes more money via hundi hawala.
how ppl find hundi hawala from where

Elite capture. Now what is going to be done to address it?

Back to the topic at hand, along with remittances, many overseas Pakistanis hope to return to Pakistan to retire, for at least part of the year, during which time they would like to do something meaningful, such as share the knowledge and lessons from their experience.

If remittances slow down for long enough and people don’t feel they have a residence to return to, they may just as well retire full time in their adopted countries (or some third country).

I have said it for last 20 years that Establishment will never allow anyone individual or political party get too strong.
Establishment want to hold all the cards and they will do whatever it takes, Including political engineering to keep political parties weak. Now they want to make sure PTI doesn’t get majority in the next election. They may even go to extreme length to make cases against IK and hang him just like Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto.
But why? Can they not hold all the cards while someone is popular but still co-operative with them?

Need a nationalist dictator to come and fix everything from the ground up.

PTI FANs think that overseas Pakistanis will stop visiting and sending their money to their families because imran is no longer PM. and will stop buying properties and cancel all their businesses even if it causes a loss to them because that's what PTI wants.

self delusion has no limit.
It has nothing to do with Imran. It's that the PDM movement, sweeping in on the backs of military and international interference, ousted a lawfully elected PM and replaced him with the same liars and thieves that put Pakistan in the financial crisis that he's been trying to fix in the first place. Why do you expect overseas Pakistanis to trust the current government? Track record isn't in their favor.

I suggested to my dad that once he's ready to retire from medical practice here in the states, him and his friends can start a clinic in Pakistan for medical tourism, charge USD, and keep the money in Pakistan where it will help Pakistanis. He told me he won't do so until the current regime is out of office.

It has nothing to do with IK or PTI, but trust over the existing Govt and leadership, people wants to help Pakistan but not the corrupt Politicians who will use their money and than invest abroad. Pakistani oversea work hard to earn Halal income, invest in Pakistan so their fellow Pakistani's gets some benefits but in reality the Politicians take that money and bring it back to Foreign lands. Back in the days of PPPP people have lost the trust as well but still they had trust over the Army/establishment which is now also gone, this is the first time in Pakistan's history where a sitting Govt and Army is hated by the majority of Pakistan, I see this as a progress. Now the only thing left is to take these corrupt Politicians and Generals and put them behind bars, its a far fetched Idea but without that there will be no prosperity in Pakistan, EVER.

Back
Top Bottom