What's new

Reason why remittance not coming in pakistan as before.

Frankly this seems fairly ineffective strategy. Most of these kind of remittances are done through investment in businesses and direct transactions to family members. Not investing in the companies hurts the development of civil society further exacerbating the issues which allow PDM to flourish.

So true, my group of friends have pulled out 2.4Mill investments from pakistan and have stopped sending remittance’s to punish establishment and PDM. cant trust until system doesnt change

I see the same across the investment circle I'm involved in, but not surprised.

Frankly this seems fairly ineffective strategy. Most of these kind of remittances are done through investment in businesses and direct transactions to family members. Not investing in the companies hurts the development of civil society further exacerbating the issues which allow PDM to flourish.

From my group, people have had enough. They send money back up, and their relatives vote and do the same thing again. At some point, you have to cut your losses. Even those investing see how useless the country's governance is and the failures it's led to. The ego of certain people can change the structure top-down, which doesn't happen in civilized societies.

It's not even about Imran Khan and PTI - it's about the crooks who replaced him.

Why would I risk my hard earned money in the hands of thieves. Today I build a factory, tomorrow politically backed qabza groups take over ownership. What am I going to do? Go to paid off judges?

Under IK and PTI people faced the same risks but had hope of a govt receptive to your complaints. When I know all theft is being kicked up to Zardari and Sharif so they get a taste too - who can I turn too? Nobody.

Remittances have dried up. No trust in imported government among expats.

Threads created with just a tweet copied are against forum rules.

Also the guy in the tweet once released a song about not going to school whole year and his struggles with being academic challenged.
Only way to know if tweet what he is saying is true or false, send money to pakistan do it now.

Only way to know if tweet what he is saying is true or false, send money to pakistan do it now.

You made the claim and i have the burden of proof? What faxool mazaq is this?

There are two reasons for remittances decreasing. Some people have stopped investing and taken money out of the accounts they opened. A larger portion is probably due to inflation itself. People who were sending money have less of it, given cost of living increases everywhere.

I bought a Plot in Gwadar during OK eta as I thought Gwadar will be a big city soon.
Now all the monkey business in government and Baloch protests in Gwadar made me wary and I am selling it at a loss. But happy because I don't want to lose all my money.

Back
Top Bottom