What's new

Recent 7.2 Earthquake - any good news

Tayyab1796

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Since yesterday i have had sigh of relief that there was no major loss of life in the recent 7.2 earthquake in Dalbandin . A question has been poping up in my mind since yesterday , does such a massive earthquake makes it easy to extract oil/gas/minerals from an area (it might sound funny but i hav a feeling that shaking ground must disturb what lies within it . Experts comments are welcomed .

It makes it tougher ,since whatever ground that has been dug for oil wells, seems to collapse.

It compacts the earth, making it tougher to dig.

Since yesterday i have had sigh of relief that there was no major loss of life in the recent 7.2 earthquake in Dalbandin . A question has been poping up in my mind since yesterday , does such a massive earthquake makes it easy to extract oil/gas/minerals from an area (it might sound funny but i hav a feeling that shaking ground must disturb what lies within it . Experts comments are welcomed .

Do u expect Lava to come out from earth????????? :lol:

No earthquakes are not good news at all and oil/gas don't eject out like this.

Do u expect Lava to come out from earth????????? :lol:

No earthquakes are not good news at all and oil/gas don't eject out like this.

I never expected oil/gas/water rushing out after an earthquake since there is no such precedent in my knowledge but i was only asking does that alter the internal location of such reserves (even slightly) ?

Back
Top Bottom