What's new

Religious differences break out again

Cops call for peace in Kovai as communal trouble simmers

As communal tension continued to simmer in Coimbatore for the sixth consecutive day, City Police Commissioner A K Viswanathan stepped up efforts to ease the situation by holding separate “peace meetings” with members of the Hindu and Islamic outfits here on Sunday.

While both groups stuck to their stands claiming that they were not to blame, Viswanathan made it clear that the police would not hesitate to even invoke the National Security Act against miscreants who disturb public harmony. Additional police personnel have also been deployed in the city. A week ago, a fracas involving two groups of people over a petty issue had led to physical attacks on members of Islamic and Hindu communities in Mettupalayam. This had flared up following an attack on RSS district secretary Anandan. Over the past three days, the communal tension had spread to areas like Ukkadam and Selvapuram with both groups alleging that miscreants had damaged their respective properties.

“Public peace is our only priority. We will take strong action against those trying to disturb public peace,” the CoP warned.

At a meeting of Hindu representatives, he sought their cooperation to ensure that the festive spirit during Deepavali was not spoiled.

“Public fear, whether the current situation is leading towards 1997-98 situation, which was a horrible incident,” he said without mentioning the serial bomb blasts and the communal violence preceding it. The police would crackdown on anyone who spread rumours through SMS messages, Viswanathan told journalists later.

Meanwhile, representatives of some Hindu outfits and political parties like the BJP urged the police to take action against miscreants irrespective of their religion. “The law should be applied equally to all. We also want peace,” BJP district president Nandhakumar said.

Incidentally, representatives of Islamic outfits too took a similar stand during the peace meeting convened in the evening.

“If any of our members is involved in violence, you can inform us and we will turn that person in before the law,” said Umar, State deputy secretary, Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam.

Meanwhile, the police have arrested 16 persons including 12 Hindus and four Muslims under various Sections on Sunday.

@nair saab, the biggest joke is that "secular" congress is using the support of MIM to run the (psuedo) secular govt. at the center.
Whats the Big deal Secular congress are using the Muslim League of kerala as well who was one of the party responsible for the division of India...

& MIM who are the extension of the Razakars used by Nizam of Hyderabad to kill & torture who ever spoke against the wish of Joining Pakistan or demanding Hyderabad be joined to Indian union...

Even if we Leave the Secularism of Congress ... its outrageous when Congress claim they r Nationalists... when they take support of Such parties which has a Track record of Anti-India stand in history...

Similarly , the same congress in kerala is in alliance with "secular" Muslim League.

So much for the secularism.

i don't know the party name but same goes in Assam. But ML & MIM cases are curious, both parties which wanted separation from Indian Union are now abiding by constitution of India & promising to hold the integrity & sovereignty of the Union of India & supporting the union govt. at center, & for congress what can i say, just for 3-4 seats of LS???

i don't know the party name but same goes in Assam. But ML & MIM cases are curious, both parties which wanted separation from Indian Union are now abiding by constitution of India & promising to hold the integrity & sovereignty of the Union of India & supporting the union govt. at center, & for congress what can i say, just for 3-4 seats of LS???

In order to keep "jaatiyawadi shakti" at bay !

There is no use of questioning ur stupidity ... still ill explain it to u hoping that u get enlightened

real Name of Hyderabad was Bhagmati Nagar name derived from the Sri Bhagyalakshmi Temple... which the Nizam changed during his rule... the place where now Charminar is situated was the sacred site of the Temple which was destroyed for the construction of Charminar ... but later on some new Muslim ruler of Hyderabad allowed the construction of the Temple again near Charminar as per his wifes wish who herself was a Devoted Hindu .

in 1969 a Muslim driver of state transport Bus Deliberately Collided the Bus with the Temple to destroy it ... He was suspended & Temple was reconstructed ....
In this way the Temple was Harmed 3 times in Independent India itself... the Origin of the Temple is traced even before the construction of Charminar ...

utter lies. Your own historians dont agree with existance of the temple. and oh btw the Muslim driver did not collid with the 'temple' because there was NO temple at all there but a stone which was hit by the bus and you guys have turned that stone into a temple.

utter lies. Your own historians dont agree with existance of the temple. and oh btw the Muslim driver did not collid with the 'temple' because there was NO temple at all there but a stone which was hit by the bus and you guys have turned that stone into a temple.
Unlike some Stupid Indians i dont replying to some random Pakistani on the topic which is related to India ... & i dont like Spanking a Veteran oldie as well...

So u can take back ur seat ...

So what is the history of the temple? How did it come to be so close to the Charminar? I did a google search and came up with this.

Charminar, once an icon of Hyderabadi pride, now a combat ground of religious dominance | TwoCircles.net

The Charminar was obviously there first and the temple itself doesn't have much historical significance. There should have been no problems in relocating the temple and I think this should be done voluntarily for peace. However now that this has been politicised to this extent, the chances of this being done are very slim indeed.

Going by that logic probably 10s of mosques will also have to be relocated, are you game for that?

Unlike some Stupid Indians i dont replying to some random Pakistani on the topic which is related to India ... & i dont like Spanking a Veteran oldie as well...

So u can take back ur seat ...

hahaha you dont have facts to prove your claims

So what is the history of the temple? How did it come to be so close to the Charminar? I did a google search and came up with this.

Charminar, once an icon of Hyderabadi pride, now a combat ground of religious dominance | TwoCircles.net

The Charminar was obviously there first and the temple itself doesn't have much historical significance. There should have been no problems in relocating the temple and I think this should be done voluntarily for peace. However now that this has been politicised to this extent, the chances of this being done are very slim indeed.

two circles ,thats an islamic site ,TCN site run a campaign supporting fasih mohammed (IM oprative deported from KSA) post some credible sites

There is no use of questioning ur stupidity ... still ill explain it to u hoping that u get enlightened

real Name of Hyderabad was Bhagmati Nagar name derived from the Sri Bhagyalakshmi Temple... which the Nizam changed during his rule... the place where now Charminar is situated was the sacred site of the Temple which was destroyed for the construction of Charminar ... but later on some new Muslim ruler of Hyderabad allowed the construction of the Temple again near Charminar as per his wifes wish who herself was a Devoted Hindu .

in 1969 a Muslim driver of state transport Bus Deliberately Collided the Bus with the Temple to destroy it ... He was suspended & Temple was reconstructed ....

But During 23 November 1979 in pretext of a rally against the Seizure of Grand mosque of Mecca by Islamic fundamentalist of Saudi the MIM Looted the Hindu Shops & destroyed a part of the Temple ...

Then in September 1983 a another Riots happened during a Band Called by MIM again in which Muslim Youth threw stones inside the Temple ...

In this way the Temple was Harmed 3 times in Independent India itself... the Origin of the Temple is traced even before the construction of Charminar ...

Before you comment on my intelligence why not start by giving references to your assertions.
AFAICT you could be simply spewing some propaganda yourself.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/extension-of-temple-illegal-asi/article4073253.ece
According to the article the ASI itself is unaware of the origins of that temple.

Going by that logic probably 10s of mosques will also have to be relocated, are you game for that?

You seem to be under an illusion that I give a damn about religious places.

How would you go about solving this problem? Destroy the Charminar instead?

two circles ,thats an islamic site ,TCN site run a campaign supporting fasih mohammed (IM oprative deported from KSA) post some credible sites

Do you have any other source for the history of that temple?

Before you comment on my intelligence why not start by giving references to your assertions.
AFAICT you could be simply spewing some propaganda yourself.

The Hindu : Cities / Hyderabad : Extension of temple illegal - ASI
According to the article the ASI itself is unaware of the origins of that temple.
Come in Hyderabad i will let u meet Hundreds of oldies born in 1930's & 40's who has worshiped in these Temples perior to 1960 ... thats goes all of MIM propaganda which says Temple was constructed after 1969...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom